Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: PennyLane88]
    #25251761 - 06/06/18 09:52 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Your on the right path grasshopper! :mushroom2:

Congratulations and :goodluck:

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSychodelic1
Just Me trying to Find Me
Male

Loc: LA
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: BattyKoda]
    #25252013 - 06/06/18 12:10 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Bob for this.  I am going to try my first time and this is extremely helpful.  Now off to round up the items needed.......

OfflineMayorBobbledoodery
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Sychodelic1]
    #25255428 - 06/08/18 05:42 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hi so I used this method and got a brf jar about 85% colonized and then it got contam in the 15% uncolonized part. I took the cake out, cleared the uncolonized/ contammed part, sterilized the jar and put the cake back in the jar with fresh verm. I've been attempting to fruit using this tek but no luck after 2 weeks. Should I try a SGFC? Is this cake just done for? Any ideas?

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: MayorBobbledoodery]
    #25255455 - 06/08/18 06:10 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MayorBobbledoodery said:
Hi so I used this method and got a brf jar about 85% colonized and then it got contam in the 15% uncolonized part. I took the cake out, cleared the uncolonized/ contammed part, sterilized the jar and put the cake back in the jar with fresh verm. I've been attempting to fruit using this tek but no luck after 2 weeks. Should I try a SGFC? Is this cake just done for? Any ideas?

You can always give it a try....got any pics?

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #25256143 - 06/08/18 01:52 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

First grow and I Had a single jar left to birth and I decided to give this tek a whirl ...here is my jar ... holy side pins batman!

--------------------
::In a closed society, where everyone is guilty, the only real crime is getting caught::

:acidcat:

Offlinerob1130ob
Dude

Loc: Near the Atlantic
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: PennyLane88]
    #25260284 - 06/10/18 07:44 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I really hope those pins find their way to the top.  It's so depressing watching pins abort while there's nothing you can do. I birthed 7 cakes to sgfc, I have 2 small monos incubating, and 3 cakes that are about 3 days from dunking. I am going to try the bag tek on them as an experiment. In the past, I would cut off good parts of contaminated cakes, break it up, mix it with gardening soil and pasteurized horse manure.  I would put it all in coffee cans made to sgfc standards (holes), cover it with plastic wrap with holes in it.  I misted every few days and just kinda pumped the plastic wrap up and down to fan. I think the most I got was 10 dried grains off one flush. Each can only had at most half a cake so I think the manure helped big time.

Edited by rob1130ob (06/10/18 07:46 PM)

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: rob1130ob]
    #25261082 - 06/11/18 08:52 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rob1130ob said:
I really hope those pins find their way to the top.  It's so depressing watching pins abort while there's nothing you can do. I birthed 7 cakes to sgfc, I have 2 small monos incubating, and 3 cakes that are about 3 days from dunking. I am going to try the bag tek on them as an experiment. In the past, I would cut off good parts of contaminated cakes, break it up, mix it with gardening soil and pasteurized horse manure.  I would put it all in coffee cans made to sgfc standards (holes), cover it with plastic wrap with holes in it.  I misted every few days and just kinda pumped the plastic wrap up and down to fan. I think the most I got was 10 dried grains off one flush. Each can only had at most half a cake so I think the manure helped big time.

I'm not worried .... lol ...

--------------------
::In a closed society, where everyone is guilty, the only real crime is getting caught::

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

#25261118 - 06/11/18 09:11 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Mine looked just that. I popped them out and gave them more space.

--------------------

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Cjmckay]
    #25261270 - 06/11/18 10:42 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm a little worried about getting them out . Once the top ones mature I'll be able to easily pick them but getting the cake out to remove all the side ones may prove to be tricky ... any tips on how to get it out with minimal damage to the cake ? Maybe break the jar ?

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: PennyLane88] * 2
    #25261273 - 06/11/18 10:45 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Flip it over and bang on it till it comes out

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25261286 - 06/11/18 10:50 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Flip it over and bang on it till it comes out

Awesome . Thanks love !  :inlove3:

--------------------

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

#25262043 - 06/11/18 05:32 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PennyLane88 said:
Quote:

rob1130ob said:

I'm not worried .... lol ...

I only had a couple small ones growing from the top so I just picked them and ate them then bounced the cakes out. I couldn't take seeing them trapped in there like that.

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Matrix
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Cjmckay]
    #25264074 - 06/12/18 06:06 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

My jar is just growing side pins well they aren't pins anymore they are full mushrooms growing around the jar which i find weird. I have a CV layer on top which i thought would help promote pins on the top but so far it hasn't, should i ditch the CV after this first flush? or add a new one but less? when should i harvest these also? because its hard to tell when they are mushed inside the jar like this. Thanks in advance!

--------------------

OfflineHaus Absolute
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Opticz]
    #25264224 - 06/12/18 07:09 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

So mine are starting to show some solid progress. I'm wondering though, do I still keep the bag over the top the whole time? What about when they grow big enough to touch the sides of the bag? I'm worried about damaging them as I put it on and off to fan/mist.

--------------------
A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Opticz]
    #25264265 - 06/12/18 07:25 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Opticz said:
My jar is just growing side pins well they aren't pins anymore they are full mushrooms growing around the jar which i find weird. I have a CV layer on top which i thought would help promote pins on the top but so far it hasn't, should i ditch the CV after this first flush? or add a new one but less? when should i harvest these also? because its hard to tell when they are mushed inside the jar like this. Thanks in advance!

Since you have those short wide mouthjars they should pop out easy. Those pins look like they are still salvageable for growing normally.

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25264286 - 06/12/18 07:33 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cjmckay said:
Quote:

Opticz said:

Since you have those short wide mouthjars they should pop out easy. Those pins look like they are still salvageable for growing normally.

So just let it go as it is? and just see if they pop out the top? i mean i didn't plan on doing much beside harvesting if i can ever tell when they are ready.

--------------------

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

#25265096 - 06/13/18 07:47 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Opticz said:
Quote:

Cjmckay said:
Quote:

Opticz said:

So just let it go as it is? and just see if they pop out the top? i mean i didn't plan on doing much beside harvesting if i can ever tell when they are ready.

I was suggesting taking the whole cake out of the jar and letting the sides grow to full size. My cakes have only produced one or two small ones at a time so far. But you could harvest those now. I did one of those flat side pins this weekend that was half the size of my pinky and tripped a lot more than I was expecting. Almost the perfect amount.

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25265111 - 06/13/18 07:57 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ahh well this morning before I left for work one had popped out of the top from the side and the big one on the side has gotten even bigger and the veil had broken you can see it in the glass. I will take pics when I get home and show you guys. If it's not to late I'll still pull it out maybe and let it fruit the rest of the way out of the jar

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25265321 - 06/13/18 10:30 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

here is what it looks like this morning. Do you still think i should try and take it out of the jar?

--------------------

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25265636 - 06/13/18 12:51 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

It'll probably be ready this evening or tomorrow morning. The whole thing should just pop out like birthing a cake.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract