Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRat-a-Tat
Psychedelic Student
Male User Gallery

Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms * 4
    #25257689 - 06/09/18 09:53 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

My friend and I began talking about heroic doses and he asked me about my experience and advice on ingesting such high amounts.  This is what I wrote, just my own opinions and experience.  Let me know if you think the same or different and if you have other things to add.  Thanks

General Musing & Mental Preparation on 5+ Grams:
Very intriguing subject-matter we have stumbled into.  Yes, letting go has been easier for me than most, but it has also come with much practice.  There is no way for me to estimate how many trips I have been on, but between all substances I would say well over 100.  The first half of this diatribe is pretty foreboding, but I address the payoff and the magic at the end.  I learned a long time ago that trying to battle against the psychedelic is a sure-fire way of getting your ass kicked… hard.  When it comes to the higher doses of fungus, one has to be prepared.  Dosing higher than 3.2 gets exponential - for example 4.2 isn't 25% stronger than doing an 1/8 - I would say it's more like 40% stronger.  When you get up to 5 and 6-gram levels - you are going to be in a time-warp worm hole.  You have to be ok entering the experience knowing that you will be on the border of madness.  By madness I mean the images, places, sensations and beings that you are likely to come into contact with on these doses are so extraordinary alien and out of a normal person's experience that you won't know if what you are experiencing is real or not.  You also go through temporary & partial amnesia where you question whether the things, people and experiences of your real world actually exist or if they are part of the dreamlike mushroom state you are in.  It can be extremely disconcerting to think "Am I married, does my wife actually exist or was she a dream, if I think really hard maybe I can piece together memories of my real life in order to assure myself that it wasn't a figment of my imagination - I don't want to lose her in my reality."  This is a sure-fire way to get yourself into a negative thought loop and create problems for yourself.  You must enter the experience armed with this knowledge that you can't hold on to your "reality" and must be comfortable executing this type of scenario: Thought enters brain -  "Oh shit - does Johanna exist or was the greatest love of my life just a dream!????" Immediate response that must come from your brain - "I can't control that now, it doesn't matter if she is real or not."  You have to be willing and able to accept anything that comes your way during the experience and understanding the idea of impermanence helps in this endeavor.  For example, there has been many a time where I've been marooned on the shores of infinity, trapped in a negative thought loop and questioning if I was destined to remain in that state for the rest of my days.  You must, even in the depths of mental madness, understand that everything is temporary and that this state, emotion or experience will pass.  Use the eternal truth "Nothing Lasts Forever" as an anchor to ride out a hard moment in your trip - because like everything in this word…  It too shall pass.

1) Don't Resist & Never Run - whatever you are confronted with… don't resist and never run.  If there is a 10-armed demon made out of pure hatred and malice staring you in the face, there is nothing to do but stand your ground and face him.  If you die, then you die - but running will only make things worse.  If you are confronted with negative past experiences (whether done by you or done to you) you can't shy away or resist examining them, lest you be thrown into a negative thought loop.  Go down every dark passage, open the foreboding door and enter the hall of doom.  A 6-gram dose is only for the bold and in order to keep your trip positive, you have to confront the negative head on - no exceptions.

2) Can I Question My Way Out of This - Asking questions can be one of the most powerful tools in life, but especially when one is on a high dose of mushrooms.  Once a question is posed, our brain naturally tries to seek out an answer, and if we can ask constructive and poignant questions then we can prime our brain to find a productive answer.  Let's say for example you have guilt surrounding a bad thing you've done in your past, and this guilt appears in some facet of your trip and causes a negative thought environment.  Asking the question, "why was I such a piece of shit to that girl" will produce a much more negative answer than "what was going on in my life or inside of me that could have caused me to treat someone like that?"  Asking inquisitive and positive questions will lead you down a much better path, and while you may still have to face your demons in the mushroom world - at least you will be working towards a resolution by asking better questions.  Asking questions can also help when encountering negative entities.

3) Remember Your Values - This may sound strange, but I find that knowing and having a strong sense of my values and reaffirming who I am at the core is the ultimate source of protection while on a heroic dose of any psychedelic.  On the scale of architypes, I don't consider myself a warrior, but I do use my values and my self-image as a good and loving person as my defense for any and all negativity that I experience in the psychedelic realm. 

Set & Setting:
For me there is only 1 option - solo.  I do not believe in trip sitters and I would highly dissuade you from taking such a large dose around other people.  Other people's energy really affects me while on any psychedelic and at such a large dose you don't want to feel self-conscious.  I would only consider doing a heroic dose in my home - usually I am not able to move from my bed at least for a portion of the trip.  At home is where I feel safe and the surroundings are familiar.  Turn your phone off - no questions asked.  You don't want to receive a text, get an email or any other communication in general…  Let alone a negative one.  I have horror stories and I have learned my lesson.  Some people are proponents of dark silence… I've always been a music makes the trip.  I always have a playlist (I try and make a new/original for each trip).  The biggest thing though is that your mental state has to be rock solid.  This is not a 2-gram self-reflection session….  It’s warp speed mind fuck and you have to be in an excellent and prepared headspace before you embark. 

All that foreboding out of the way - I just have a short synopsis of what I have experienced: Pure and unadulterated astonishment.  Transportation to other worlds and dimensions whose beauty cannot be expressed in human language.  Connection and oneness with the ultimate source of power and creativity in the universe.  Pure bliss, deep self-understanding and acceptance and gratitude for this life.  If you are in the correct mental state and consider yourself well-versed enough to handle higher doses, than I would encourage you to go ahead and ingest.  However, do so with extreme caution and build yourself up first.  No need to jump off into the deep end right off the bat, and always respect the mushroom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms [Re: Rat-a-Tat]
    #25257706 - 06/09/18 10:03 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:raisemyglass:

Good read, +1

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms [Re: HamHead]
    #25257771 - 06/09/18 10:57 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Great post, well thought out and I can relate to a lot of it.

I love music on light doses, high doses I prefer silence though. To me it all seems to play out much slower and I can remember more after the fact without music. The good part about music is sometimes all it takes is a change of songs to change the tone of a trip.

I also prefer a sitter, but preferably in an adjacent room. There's been a few times where my heart is going too crazy or I'm struggling to remember to breathe, and it's incredibly reassuring to know I can just yell out if there's a genuine problem, as unlikely as that is.

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
Re: Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms [Re: feevers]
    #25257833 - 06/09/18 11:48 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I think it is a bit different for everyone. I have fresh memories because I have done 4 trips in the 5-6g range in the last two months (and another one is coming today!) And personally have never felt or seen any entities on 5-6g doses (or lower). My visuals are nothing too remarkable, just see geometric patterns overimposed to everything, but I mostly ignore them. On my first 4g trip I had way more amazing visuals.

But I have been overwhelmed few times to the point of not knowing very well what the hell is going on. Music fades away and it is hard to explain but I guess it is some sort of sensory/information overload that is, well, overwhelming. I normally hug a pillow and make some noises in this stage. But this state does not last more than, say, 15min or 20min for me, and happens in the comeup. After that I kind of normalize and can walk around, but obviously tripping balls.

I love how you can think about things in this state. It becomes more and more difficult to keep a train of thought as you increase the dose, but your toughts are somehow more profound, or alien. You do forget "normal things". Last trip for the life of me I just could not say "bathtub" for some reason and keept calling it "that thing" pointing at it :lol:

I disagree about the sitter. I feel better with someone around, but has to be soemone close to you. Someone you dont mind seeing you in that state. And for me, what helps is verbalizing your train of tought, to the sitter. Just hearing your toughts aloud helps making sense of all the experience, at least for me. My sitter is my wife, and perhaps unfortunately for her my high dose trips become a 2h monologue, where soemtimes she thinks I say interesting things and sometimws she says "I dont understand anything you say" to which I normally reply "I know, but I do" :lol:

What annoys me the most in these high dose trips is physical or psychosomatic side effects. Sometimes I get too hot (for real, I use a thermometer) or get really thirsty or have pain in the belly (the mushroom material?)... but these are manageable.

Also I'm still not totally sure why I am attracted to these high 5-6g doses. Lower 4g doses are more recreational and allow you to keep a more coherent train of tought, sometimes I think that maybe I should scale back. But I guess I like to be overwhelmed a little :shrug:

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Matrix
Re: Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms [Re: Inflaton]
    #25258451 - 06/09/18 08:01 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Very good read sir. Wholeheartedly agree with you!

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Re: Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms [Re: Opticz]
    #25258510 - 06/09/18 08:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I am high on 5.3g on mushrooms right now. I was telling my wife about the insectoid aliens and having a laugh :lol: I guess I need to eat another 5g so they get a ticket to the party :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25258628 - 06/09/18 10:26 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

So many laughs today was a very good trip but I always get so hyper.

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25258649 - 06/09/18 10:48 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hey its only 12:45 :lol: this thing is not over! Anyone else wants a ticket to the show? :lol:

Sorry maybe its time to meditate deeply now about the meaning of existence. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25258659 - 06/09/18 10:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Im 103f btw, jeez always the same.

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25258667 - 06/09/18 11:06 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ok the show is over. Nothing to see here people. Disperse.

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25258668 - 06/09/18 11:06 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Or maybe not.

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25258682 - 06/09/18 11:39 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

How many farts can 5g of mushrooms produce?

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25258708 - 06/10/18 12:02 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Can we talk about the fart thing for a minute? Does anyone think that these farts can maybe get you high? Shall I try to preserve them?

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
    #25258736 - 06/10/18 12:22 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Lol

I see you

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

OfflineRat-a-Tat
Psychedelic Student
Male User Gallery

Re: Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms [Re: feevers]
    #25261222 - 06/11/18 10:07 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Great post, well thought out and I can relate to a lot of it.

I love music on light doses, high doses I prefer silence though. To me it all seems to play out much slower and I can remember more after the fact without music. The good part about music is sometimes all it takes is a change of songs to change the tone of a trip.

I also prefer a sitter, but preferably in an adjacent room. There's been a few times where my heart is going too crazy or I'm struggling to remember to breathe, and it's incredibly reassuring to know I can just yell out if there's a genuine problem, as unlikely as that is.

I have only tried to do it in silence for a grand total of 10 minutes.  I think I will try it on my next go-around.  Do you find that you ever utilize your trip sitter in the next room?  I feel like at that dose and level - anything that comes out of my mouth is going to be gibberish.

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Re: Advise & Opinions on 5-6 Gram Heroic Dose of Mushrooms [Re: Rat-a-Tat]
    #25261234 - 06/11/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Omg I was so high when I wrote the posts above.

I definitely used my sitter. It was the public in my flying circus. And the public didnt always like the show, but the performer definitelly enjoyed it. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25261240 - 06/11/18 10:22 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Do you know what you meant when you said this inflation?

Quote:

Inflaton said:
Im 103f btw, jeez always the same.

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25261250 - 06/11/18 10:31 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, my body temperarure. I tend to overheat, 103f or 39.5c. I use a thermometer. I cant stay still!

Its a bit annoying, I also get very thirsty when this happens, and drinking water does not do much for it. In previous trips I got a cold shower and it lowers my temperature very quickly. This time I was not feeling bad and I really didnt feel like having a cold shower, so I just cooled off by chilling a little my flying circus :lol:

My wife was like, met me check your temperature, you are very hot! And I was nooooo, I'm ok, I dont want a cold shower! :lol:

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25261260 - 06/11/18 10:36 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not real sure what flying circus is but glad it helped! I have noticed in the past on several of my trips I would get really clamy and hot at the same time but it was mainly when I grew some sclerotia and tripped on it. Never thought to actually check my temp! I'll have to check it next time I go for a ride

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25261272 - 06/11/18 10:44 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think it is dangerous but it makes you uncomfortable if you get too hot. Dangerous would be maybe 105f (40.5c) or more. The thing is that you dont notice you are so hot and might have a lot of clothes on. When I notice I normally take off my clothes and end up my trips naked :lol: sometimes lying in the floor somewhere fresh.

Also the cold shower works really well. Once I went from 103f to 96f in like 15 min and started worrying I was getting too cold! :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom