Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemaggotz

Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens?
    #25258246 - 06/09/18 07:21 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I went on a trip and took some pictures with a sony dslr a230 but the lens was dirty and you can see small splotches over the pictures. are there any programs or plugins for gimp i can use to 'remove' said splotches? i figure by now there should be some software that can clean it up decently.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: maggotz] * 2
    #25258359 - 06/09/18 08:49 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

A little 409 should do the job

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: Stonehenge] * 5
    #25258466 - 06/09/18 10:11 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Which OS does that program run on? Windex?

OfflineMoe Rel
Stranger
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: maggotz] * 1
    #25258656 - 06/10/18 12:55 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

If there isn't anything for gimp you could always download a trial version of photoshop.  The clone tool and healing brush are easy to learn.

OfflineTapioka
Noob
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: Moe Rel]
    #25258696 - 06/10/18 01:50 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

dirt on the lens wont show up as spots. it would have to be large and would show as a smeared area out of focus/ not sharp.

it sounds like you have dirt on your sensor. You can google you tube vids for how to clean your sensor. you will need to purchase a sensor cleaning kit for your size sensor. Many people aren't comfortable doing it themselves as it can permanently fuck your sensor if you don't do it right, so either do it properly or drop it off to a camera shop that does minor servicing and they will clean it for you.

in Adobe Lightroom you can use the spot removal tool. you can then sync this edit across all your photos to save time.

Without giving too much away, lets just say this is something im very well practiced in :smile:

--------------------
Aussie Noob.

Experienced Cannabis grower with an interest in mycology.
Mainly interested in microdosing

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25258709 - 06/10/18 02:02 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Which OS does that program run on? Windex?

Dos Ex Laundromachina

I don't know I'm stoned :toke:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinedeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: Tapioka]
    #25258727 - 06/10/18 02:18 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tapioka said:
dirt on the lens wont show up as spots. it would have to be large and would show as a smeared area out of focus/ not sharp

in Adobe Lightroom you can use the spot removal tool. you can then sync this edit across all your photos to save time.

Without giving too much away, lets just say this is something im very well practiced in :smile:

Getting in too close for the cum shot?

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: Tapioka]
    #25271844 - 06/16/18 11:41 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tapioka said:
dirt on the lens wont show up as spots. it would have to be large and would show as a smeared area out of focus/ not sharp.

it sounds like you have dirt on your sensor. You can google you tube vids for how to clean your sensor. you will need to purchase a sensor cleaning kit for your size sensor. Many people aren't comfortable doing it themselves as it can permanently fuck your sensor if you don't do it right, so either do it properly or drop it off to a camera shop that does minor servicing and they will clean it for you.

thanks man, this is what it looks like. what do you think?

and i can go the photoshop route also, just have to install windows or maybe try in a vm.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: maggotz]
    #25271846 - 06/16/18 11:43 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

You can use https://pixlr.com/ as a quick photoshop replacement. Everything is in browser. It's not as versatile as photoshop, but for quick edits like that it can do the job fine.

OfflineMad_Larkin
fnord
I'm a teapot
Loc: British West Indies Flag
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: maggotz]
    #25271848 - 06/16/18 11:44 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

you could sort that out with the clone/smudge tools in Photoshop probably.

--------------------
dugasprogie:ramen calcifies ur third eye
DoD

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: maggotz] * 1
    #25271857 - 06/16/18 11:48 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

My photoshop (or Gimp) experience is limited but it seems like it shouldn't be too hard since the background is all about the same color. You could also just crop off the whole top half of the image to make it more of a panorama and have less to remove. The empty sky doesn't really add much composition-wise.

--------------------
BAN OP 2021

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: psi] * 2
    #25271872 - 06/16/18 11:57 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineMad_Larkin
fnord
I'm a teapot
Loc: British West Indies Flag
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25271940 - 06/16/18 12:35 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

nailed it

--------------------
dugasprogie:ramen calcifies ur third eye
DoD

OfflineGrimTroll
Cultural Terrorist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Anybody know any way to 'clean' digitally a photo taken with a dirty lens? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #25271942 - 06/16/18 12:38 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

:doublejointed:

--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Community >> The Pub