Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Dehydrator, Perlite, San Pedro, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMegaSuperLionheart
Tiger-blooded
Male

Re: Preparing for first-time inoculation! [Re: LtLurker]
    #25279912 - 06/20/18 12:02 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I have the supplies, but not exactly set up yet.  See, I bought all my shit before I even found this place.  I think I got some stuff that wasn't exactly necessary, like four cubic feet of perlite for example. lol  Now that I've read through various teks and threads here, I would ideally opt to do it bulk-style with coco coir and maybe some horse manure.  I feel obligated to use this SHITLOAD of perlite I bought now. xD  Although, I may just cut my losses.

Also, I was thinking I may do each cake in its own 3-liter bottle until I have a grasp on the whole deal.  I realize this is not ideal, but seems safer?  If the cakes finish consolidation with no problems, I may still do bulk.  Idk yet.  So, yeah...  To get back to your question; I have my supplies, but I'm not really set up quite yet.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: Preparing for first-time inoculation! [Re: MegaSuperLionheart]
    #25279928 - 06/20/18 12:11 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I get ya. Bulk's good and all, but in my opinion it's like putting all your eggs in 1 basket. 1 bad jar makes the whole thing sour quick, over saturate or dry out the sub and you'll have problems

SGFC's are cool for keepin cakes seperate while learning and will give you a use for that perlite, but you will put a million holes in a tub making it hard to use for much else after that.

:shrug: I enjoyed the individual cakes and learned a lot that way, but there's not really a "right" way.

Tiger-blooded
Male

#25279980 - 06/20/18 12:47 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, exactly.  Thanks for the insight. :thumbup::thumbup:

By the way, what is that cactus you've got in your signature?  I see a bunch of users with cacti pics.  I assume it's some kinda mescaline deal?  You guys growing that shit?

Tiger-blooded
Male

#25280382 - 06/20/18 09:03 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

San Pedro, eh?  I thought peyote was the only active cactus. :eek:  That is very interesting...

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#25280571 - 06/20/18 11:27 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry I went to bed last night bro. Yea these are San Pedros, or different Trichocereus Species. They contain a little less mescaline than Peyote, but grow faster and are legal to own in the states.

Check out the EthnoBotanical section. Lots of cool plants grows in there.

Tiger-blooded
Male

#25280682 - 06/20/18 12:41 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, no worries.  I had to go and look into it myself.  Guess this is the shit I'm gonna be reading about today!

Tiger-blooded
Male

#25281926 - 06/20/18 10:25 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

UPDATE: DAY 12

Everything is going great still.  There is one thing that has me wondering, however.  One of the five remaining jars still has only one mycelium spot.  It seems to be developing just fine, but it's just from that one injection.  I wonder how far along that will develop if there isn't any growth in the other injection locations...

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#25282034 - 06/20/18 11:05 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

If the jar is clean enough it'll colonize the whole thing. Just takes a little longer.

Tiger-blooded
Male

#25283744 - 06/21/18 06:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

You were most certainly correct about that, Lt.  That one spot is really reaching now.

UPDATE: DAY 13

The largest mycelium has grown to just about the entire vertical height of the BRF mix.  Seems like just a few days now until the consolidation phase!

Now I'm wondering about how much yield I can expect per jar...

Edited by MegaSuperLionheart (06/21/18 06:57 PM)

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

#25283808 - 06/21/18 07:31 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MegaSuperLionheart said:
UPDATE: DAY 12

Everything is going great still.  There is one thing that has me wondering, however.  One of the five remaining jars still has only one mycelium spot.  It seems to be developing just fine, but it's just from that one injection.  I wonder how far along that will develop if there isn't any growth in the other injection locations...

I ran out of spore juice on my last jar and only hit one point and it was the first to colonize out of the bunch.

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Matrix
Re: Preparing for first-time inoculation! [Re: Cjmckay]
    #25283831 - 06/21/18 07:45 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cjmckay said:
spore juice

:bigyesnod:
ha ha spore juice i love it lol

And to answer your question on yield man I'm not sure what to tell you cause it can vary so much dependent on so many factors. Some people have gotten a crap ton and some have got jack squat. My last single cake flush i only got 22 grams wet... which is like nothing lol. I'm sure there is something some where giving you an estimate but it really can depend on so much its hard to really say

--------------------

Edited by Opticz (06/21/18 07:46 PM)

Tiger-blooded
Male

Re: Preparing for first-time inoculation! [Re: Opticz]
    #25283886 - 06/21/18 08:16 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cjmckay said:I ran out of spore juice on my last jar and only hit one point and it was the first to colonize out of the bunch.

Hah, that's pretty neat. xD

Quote:

Opticz said:And to answer your question on yield man I'm not sure what to tell you cause it can vary so much dependent on so many factors. Some people have gotten a crap ton and some have got jack squat. My last single cake flush i only got 22 grams wet... which is like nothing lol. I'm sure there is something some where giving you an estimate but it really can depend on so much its hard to really say

I figured.  Besides the dunking and rolling, do you guys know of any method to get some more growth out of your cakes?  Maybe some kinda fertilizer or food or something.  I was wondering how the fuck the fruit continue to get sustenance after the mycelium have consumed all the BRF.

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25283929 - 06/21/18 08:33 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know of any way to fertilize but i know if you spawn it to bulk the average is 70g from one cake on the first flush. Or at least that what people have been saying, i'm doing my first BRF to bulk as we speak so I will let you know what my yield is on my first flush!

--------------------

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

#25283981 - 06/21/18 08:54 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

The cakes aren't giving me much at all. Only a couple small ones here and there. I only tried 2 and put the rest in shoeboxes.
The dark purple color of the syringes made me think juice.
I just weighed the dried ones from the second box and it's about 25g. 4 cakes went into that one. It's got a few growing here in 2nd flush but not near as many.

--------------------

Tiger-blooded
Male

#25284017 - 06/21/18 09:09 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm...

Definitely need to move to bulk style.  Before I put all my cards on the table, however, I wanna at least secure spores/wedges of my own.

Quote:

Opticz said:i'm doing my first BRF to bulk as we speak so I will let you know what my yield is on my first flush!

Good luck, dude!  That's pretty exciting.  What's your process like after consolidation?

Quote:

Cjmckay said:I just weighed the dried ones from the second box and it's about 25g. 4 cakes went into that one. It's got a few growing here in 2nd flush but not near as many.

25g dry from 4 cakes done bulk style in a shoebox?  I have to admit, all this jargon can be a little confusing.  I'm still researching the ins and outs of different teks.  But anyway, 25g from 4 cakes sounds pretty decent.

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25284039 - 06/21/18 09:22 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MegaSuperLionheart said:

Good luck, dude!  That's pretty exciting.  What's your process like after consolidation?

Once my jars are 100% colonized I shredded them i didn't let them consolidate. You don't want them to use up all the BRF is what my understanding was of it. But you just shred the cake up using a cheese grater and add it to some Coir\Verm mix and mix it up. After that let it sit. It takes longer for sure but everyone so far says it yields better. I spawned my first one on 6\5 and i'm just now seeing pins well the last few days. But i have another that i spawned on 6\12 and its already pinning so it just depends i guess. Its a lot easier imo than the SGFC only because you don't really have to mess with them.

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25284044 - 06/21/18 09:24 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Read up on this thread if you already haven't

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24945782

--------------------

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

Re: Preparing for first-time inoculation! [Re: MegaSuperLionheart] * 1
    #25284083 - 06/21/18 09:46 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

25g dry from 4 cakes done bulk style in a shoebox?  I have to admit, all this jargon can be a little confusing.  I'm still researching the ins and outs of different teks.  But anyway, 25g from 4 cakes sounds pretty decent.

That's why I did the shoeboxes. Pretty much any size clear plastic container and coir. Everything else was too confusing or too much work for my dumbass. That thread opticz linked is the reason I went for it. It's kind of set it and forget it.

25g dried after these guys came out of the dehydrator.

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25284109 - 06/21/18 10:08 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cjmckay said:
That's why I did the shoeboxes. Pretty much any size clear plastic container and coir. Everything else was too confusing or too much work for my dumbass. That thread opticz linked is the reason I went for it. It's kind of set it and forget it.

25g dried after these guys came out of the dehydrator.

Makes me even more excited to try out my shoe boxes when they come can't wait. Thats pretty impressive getting 25g dry!!

--------------------

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#25284260 - 06/21/18 11:21 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

On individual cakes a good yield is around 5-7g dry per flush. Dunk & Roll, plus bottom watering is the best thing you can do to keep your average up imo.

Bulking should give a little more, assuming you have clean spawn and can maintain the tub correctly.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Dehydrator, Perlite, San Pedro, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started