Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Psychedelic breakthrough * 1
    #25252027 - 06/06/18 12:20 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/228067/Psychedelic-breakthrough

Quote:

A new study from UBC Okanagan suggests that psychedelic drug use can lead to less domestic violence.
The study, recently published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology, anonymously surveyed the LSD and psilocybin mushrooms use of 1,266 people online, along with a questionnaire.
The survey found that men who have used psychedelic drugs one or more times are half as likely to engage in “partner violence” than those who have not.
“Although use of certain drugs like alcohol, methamphetamine or cocaine is associated with increased aggression and partner violence, use of psychedelics appears to have the opposite effect,” said Michelle Thiessen, lead author of the study.
The new research builds on previous work from the university that found similar results from men in the criminal justice system.
“Our new study is important because it suggests that these effects might also apply to the general population,” said Zach Walsh, the supervising author on the recent study.
While the reasons for the correlation between psychedelic drug use and reduced partner violence is unclear, Thiessen theorizes that psychedelic drug use may help people manage negative emotions better.
“These findings add to the literature on the positive use of psychedelics and suggest that future research should explore the potential for psychedelic therapies to help address the international public health priority of reducing domestic violence,” she said.

Turns out some drugs are good and need to be legalized! :grin:

Since cannabis in Canada is about to be legalized to protect our kids psychedelics should be legalized to reduce domestic violence. Ya I will vote Liberal again.

Edited by rider420 (06/06/18 12:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroom_Master
Chemistry Student
Male

Loc: Mississippi Flag
Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: rider420]
    #25252052 - 06/06/18 12:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hard to be violent when you're glued to the couch :p

--------------------
psychedelia.space

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: Mushroom_Master]
    #25252135 - 06/06/18 01:31 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure the depth of the subject is very complicated.  Finding other means to satisfy displeasure than violence.

That's not really uncle sam's style.  Their style is more effective violence.  Tensions of the ego can fail us.  Psycadelics can very much relax 100% of us, if we let go.  Yet there is great uncertanty.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleMiracleMike
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25252348 - 06/06/18 03:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I think this domestic violence and psychedelic usage depends on personality. I mean like one is nonviolent not because of shrooms, but eat shrooms because of ones nonviolence beliefs.
Yet I still think it is possible to become nonviolent person because of shrooms.

--------------------
Technically alcohol is a solution

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: MiracleMike]
    #25252458 - 06/06/18 03:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MiracleMike said:
I think this domestic violence and psychedelic usage depends on personality. I mean like one is nonviolent not because of shrooms, but eat shrooms because of ones nonviolence beliefs.
Yet I still think it is possible to become nonviolent person because of shrooms.

Yet you have to be a criminal that is break the law to use psychedelics. So by the same logic of personality a person who uses psychedelics would be more prone to breaking the law including violence. In my experience most people who use psychedelics do so to get high and have no preconceptions as to how it may change them.

I've seen nice people turn into animals with alcohol so maybe shrooms really does reduce peoples urges of anger by filling some need that is not being met in todays society. Who really knows eh? :evil:

OfflineButterWeasels
Forum Lurker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Saskatchewan
    #25252638 - 06/06/18 05:46 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

People end up thinking more before they act.

--------------------
-==Classic Cakes Log==-

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: ButterWeasels] * 2
    #25252759 - 06/06/18 06:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

to state it plainly: listening to your dreams leads to less toxic behavior, as does tripping, because they are both access points to the unconscious

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada, Flag
Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25252836 - 06/06/18 07:13 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:whathesaid:
i like that :smile:

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Trip Report: SHROOMS DMT---- My Youtube Psychedelic Channel

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: SleepyE]
    #25252895 - 06/06/18 07:41 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I got more violent on psychedelics.  I was smoking ganja all day and took 50 mushroom trips and was practicing martial arts all day.  You start to make a lot of natural steroids and drugs and you become super powerful and no one is allowed to fuck with you.  I roughed up my friend for not getting me the rent on time twice in a row.  I fucked up this guy on the street and left him there.  Now, 24 years later, I am the most nonviolent person in the world, and a lot of that is due to my practice of tai chi and the study of philosophy and religion.  I hate the idea of hurting anyone.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: sunshine]
    #25252907 - 06/06/18 07:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

that reminds me of this humorous mushroom video I saw recently..

https://www.facebook.com/CannaChronicle/videos/742636159266050/

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25252974 - 06/06/18 08:20 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Violence can be from not feeling self love, nurture, compassion.  Yet some forms of violence are exactly that.

Not any think tank ever figured it out yet.  Does defense or offense make you better off?  Yet to be determined.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisiblejellyfish

#25252999 - 06/06/18 08:29 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rider420 said:
Ya I will vote Liberal again.

You might want to wait and see if they actually make good on their promise.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: jellyfish]
    #25253577 - 06/07/18 06:48 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The Liberals created 40 plus NEW offenses for cannabis. That is not legalization and you should really check it out.

If your 4 legal plants can be seen by anyone... You go to jail

If you are high on Cannabis in public you go to jail.

If you are deemed to be under the influence of Cannabis while driving you will have tour bodily fluids taken and tested and then your car gets impounded and you go to jail.

There are some serious constitutional issues here that are going to be a shitshow in the Supreme Court of Canada. In the mean time...

Legalization in Canada is a joke that will effect a lot of us in a negative way.

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: Crispykoot]
    #25253595 - 06/07/18 07:01 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

^^ it's better than weed being illegal all around

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25253608 - 06/07/18 07:18 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I disagree. This government is about jailing people for Cannabis. They have jailed over many thousands of Canadians for weed since coming into office.

Also there is no room for micro licensing at this point. The government sets the retail price but the price of black market AAAA+ is 1000-1600 Canadian right now and dropping. Its set up to fail.

Watch. The court battles are where it's at. We'll get to something better but this is not legalization.

--------------------

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: jellyfish]
    #25254203 - 06/07/18 01:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
Quote:

rider420 said:
Ya I will vote Liberal again.

You might want to wait and see if they actually make good on their promise.

Yup and the vote is today and guess what the Liberals deliver on cannabis after just two years while the conservatives couldn't even get one of their pipe lines laid in ten. SAJLMFAO

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

#25254217 - 06/07/18 01:29 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
The Liberals created 40 plus NEW offenses for cannabis. That is not legalization and you should really check it out.

If you are deemed to be under the influence of Cannabis while driving you will have tour bodily fluids taken and tested and then your car gets impounded and you go to jail.

There are some serious constitutional issues here that are going to be a shitshow in the Supreme Court of Canada. In the mean time...

Legalization in Canada is a joke that will effect a lot of us in a negative way.

SAJLMFAO What a joke some people are listening to criminals who are loosing their cash cow. Reality check buddy the only people whining about legal weed are pathetic greedy assholes who don't care about the people still going to jail as long as they make their money.

Yup paranoid insecure fearmongering chicken littles are not all narcs.

FYI smoking in public is legal in BC but not in Quebec and nowhere is it illegal to be high as a fucking kite in public in Canada, while you might not be allowed to smoke it in public but you can still eat as much as you want.

FYI In BC you can grow four plants but out of public sight yet you can still show off your plants to anyone you like even  take pictures and post them online if you like.

BTW 40 new offenses created by the liberals like changing the law so that 6 plants goes from a six month minimum sentence to a fine of $200 bucks I guess that must really upset you eh? WOW

SAJLMFAO enjoying life while others whine.

Edited by rider420 (06/07/18 01:51 PM)

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

#25254226 - 06/07/18 01:32 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
I disagree. This government is about jailing people for Cannabis. They have jailed over many thousands of Canadians for weed since coming into office.

Also there is no room for micro licensing at this point. The government sets the retail price but the price of black market AAAA+ is 1000-1600 Canadian right now and dropping. Its set up to fail.

Watch. The court battles are where it's at. We'll get to something better but this is not legalization.

And the best thing is i get to laught at all the morons who said the cannabis bill will never pass. Yet today it does and next year i get to laught at all the morons who claim ending prohibition will fail just like it did with booze and that's why we all buy our booze in back allies right? SAJLMFAO

BTW I love people who say the government is evil, My god do you really believe that the Liberals or even the Conservatives are less moral then Nazis? As far as jailing people the Liberals like any party must change laws by writing new bills and that takes time to pass. I shocked at how ignorant people are on how our parliamentary system works.

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
    #25254250 - 06/07/18 01:46 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:

Are you claiming conservatives want to make these things legal? What's your fucking point here? This is clearly just your cognitive dissonance causing you to make arguments which made no fucking sense to justify your warped world view.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with most of those things being illegal(not to mention, you seem to be very misinformed, or just straight making shit up, like going to jail for being high in public, and I am pretty sure you just face a fine for your plants being visible to the public, not jail time), maybe the reprecussions, but people shouldn't be driving while high on drugs, and many of them are concessions to those who are against any and all legalization.

You may want to give this a read.

http://www.casselsbrock.com/files/file/docs/CasselsBrock_CannabisInCanada.pdf

Edited by Coolwhip GA (06/07/18 01:57 PM)

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic breakthrough [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25254958 - 06/07/18 08:27 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Holy crap folks. Your ignorance is your loss.  I'm all for legalization but this is not that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals