Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up
    #25242326 - 06/01/18 09:32 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

EDIT: OK... Democracy Now! got back to me... At the end of the first segment click on Part 2 under "More From This Interview" to the right of the player.... When part 2 is over click on Part 3.......

Video Interview on Amy Goodman's "Democracy Now!"...

Barry Meier: Author of Pain Killer: An Empire of Deceit and the Origin of America’s Opioid Epidemic. He was the first journalist to shed a national spotlight on the abuse of OxyContin....

It's stunning... The level of involvement and corruption of some of our politicians and within higher levels of our Justice Department...

Full Transcript Not Fully Available At This Time... More Of The  Interview In The Right Hand Column...

Origins of the Opioid Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up

Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew Its Opioids Were Widely Abused  A confidential Justice Department report found the company was aware early on that OxyContin was being crushed and snorted for its powerful narcotic, but continued to promote it as less addictive.

Pain Killer An Empire of Deceit and the Origin of America’s Opioid Epidemic By Barry Meier

Edited by Nikon Addict (06/01/18 10:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Nikon Addict]
    #25242828 - 06/01/18 02:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

il be curious when the full interview comes out. some people's ethics are so fucked.

--------------------

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #25243610 - 06/01/18 10:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ReposadoXochipilli said:
il be curious when the full interview comes out. some people's ethics are so fucked.

OK... Democracy Now! got back to me... At the end of the first segment click on Part 2 under "More From This Interview" to the right of the player.... When part 2 is over click on Part 3....... I hope this helps you...

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Nikon Addict]
    #25244092 - 06/02/18 08:56 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone who ever believed any opiate is non addictive is a moron. Regardless of that fact a lot of people find relief in opiates and use them responsibly. Why should they have to suffer medication shortages because of a bunch of idiots and drug abusers?
I remember when people said etizolam was non addictive...:rolleyes:

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #25249133 - 06/04/18 10:04 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
Anyone who ever believed any opiate is non addictive is a moron.

That's obvious to those of us versed in pharmacology or drugs of abuse, and now more obvious to your average layman in the midst of the opioid epidemic. But 20 years ago most of the US was innocent. ignorant, and naive concerning such matters. Especially to our children, "It's not like it's heroin!"

But more importantly, by covering up the fact that a lions share of opioid prescriptions were being abused/diverted, they prevented our regulators and legislators form taking action, they prevented the education of our doctors to recognize and prevent such outcomes. Allowing the problem to fester and grow unchecked for decades.

Edited by Coolwhip GA (06/04/18 10:09 PM)

User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25249156 - 06/04/18 10:24 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

If you don't know that what you're taking is dangerous, then you should probably educate yourself before the inevitable happens and some legal doctor loses their practice because of some "lay person's" ignorance or stupidity regarding the matter.

OfflineCoolwhip GA
Stranger
Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #25249198 - 06/04/18 11:11 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

THat's the whole fucking point, we rely on these drug companies to provide honest, accurate information about the medicines they are creating/distributing, in order to make informed decisions; and they were purposefully suppressing that information, and selectively presenting evidence, in order to skew decision making in their favor. How fucking dumb are you?

I'm going to assume you are just a kid, there was no google or wikipedia in the 90's, the internet was in its infancy. Think about that, think about where patients got their info from, think about where doctors got it from. In 1995 less than 15% of the US population had even accessed the internet.

Edited by Coolwhip GA (06/04/18 11:27 PM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Coolwhip GA]
    #25249568 - 06/05/18 07:05 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Coolwhip GA said:
THat's the whole fucking point, we rely on these drug companies to provide honest, accurate information about the medicines they are creating/distributing, in order to make informed decisions; and they were purposefully suppressing that information, and selectively presenting evidence, in order to skew decision making in their favor. How fucking dumb are you?

I'm going to assume you are just a kid, there was no google or wikipedia in the 90's, the internet was in its infancy. Think about that, think about where patients got their info from, think about where doctors got it from. In 1995 less than 15% of the US population had even accessed the internet.

I always had a copy of the PDR handy, which listed every side effect, all info you need to know about every medication. any edition you looked at, for things like hydrocodone or oxycodone would always say "may cause morphine-like dependence" which i think makes things clear. Also i can only imagine someone popping 1-2 percs for the first time and not realizing its addictive. Thats the thing with opiates vs benzos IMO: opioids/ates are like "hey, dont i feel great? Dont you wanna take me all the time? I take away your physical and mental pain, duh! Eat me, eat me". Then benzos, thats more of a dependence, and id say most people who take benzos really do need them (panic disorder, which i suffer from), but the idiots who buy xanax on the street only to one day run short, thats a much more sneaky and dangerous kind of dependence. However, i still believe only those with real GAD/panic are gonna use benzos more than say 5 years

Also. Most people, 90s or not, knew that things like morphine, oxycodone etc were addictive as fuck. Youd have to know nothing about medicine for this to be news to you. even back then, OC was known as "hillbilly heroin", and most people said "its the same chemical, man, just in a pill"

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

User Gallery

#25249684 - 06/05/18 08:53 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Coolwhip GA said:

It's all like heroin, even suboxone knocks my ass in the dirt for 12 hours or so. Big pharma in my opinion went against the shitty drug war and let just about anyone have access to pain meds if they chose to go that route. Nobody forced pills onto anyone. The drug companies were covering their own asses by lying(duh!) and put responsibility into our own hands. This was a good thing unless you like the drug war and they were providing a safer alternative than street heroin to addicts who need pain meds. Fuck all you stupid addicts without real pain. Morons ruined a good thing for everyone. I'm not a fucking idiot and somehow I'm still alive...
I'm 43 and have 2 kids. How old are you again?

Edited by passifloracaerulea (06/05/18 08:54 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25251200 - 06/06/18 12:28 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Suboxone wont kick your ass at all if you take it for 4-5 days straight

Its only effect will be to block withdrawal and cravings.

Just knew someone on the pure naltrexone blocking med they have now who OD'ed. So dont use naltrexone alone in hopes of quitting (its said to help with other things, like alcoholism, though, maybe even cocaine)

Pharma is cranking out a cocaine "suboxone"

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Fractal420]
    #25251538 - 06/06/18 07:52 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Subutex is what I had on dissolving paper. I had no tolerance and it fucked me up as good as real heroin, nodding and puking for 12 hours.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25252383 - 06/06/18 03:26 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I predict that 20-30 years from today, we're gonna have an SSRI epidemic, when people suddenly realize they can't get off their prozac.

For example, did you know that the original research papers on which SSRI/other psychological medication is distributed cautioned against use for more than 4-6 months due to the potential of addiction?

I know of people that have been sitting on something like prozac for years, because that's what the doctor prescribed. I've seen those people miss a dose and end up super depressed unable to get out of bed. They ask their doctor for more, because they need it to feel normal. Just like an addiction.

I've never had someone tell me that psychological medications can be addictive. I've had some people tell me they weren't addictive, though. Don't really know if they're particularly dangerous, but we keep handing them out, so I figure we'll find out sooner rather than later.

User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Kryptos]
    #25252587 - 06/06/18 05:18 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Of course they are addictive and people that go cold turkey often kill themselves or others. I would never take them.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25252812 - 06/06/18 07:02 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

If you ask the general population, or even the general population of psychiatrists, I doubt they'd agree. History is quite cyclical, sometimes.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Kryptos]
    #25253539 - 06/07/18 06:19 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms work like a quick acting SSRI. As far as pharmaceutical SSRI's, its not like people think they can just stop them without withdrawal symptoms. I used to take an SNRI, its not like narcotic withdrawal, but its certainly not fun. Lots of bad dreams, shakes, and in the worse cases those electric surges (which are prolly similar to the electricity experienced on dmt and such, its all 5-HT-x afterall).

Anyway, SSRI's have been around a long time now. What i would watch for, 2 things:

1) ambien long term damaging effects

2) this is a big one - mu opioid agonists causing cancer after like 10-30 years of use. According to my doc there is a lot of research on the subject and hes the one that alerted me to the ketamine antidepressants like 7 years ago - so he is not a quack, and knows what hes talking about (for a doc who has zero interest in recreational drugs and doesnt like that i test positive for thc, lol)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Fractal420]
    #25253547 - 06/07/18 06:24 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

People have known morphine like substances were addictive since before the Opium Wars.

The truth lies somewhere between the pharmacies lawyers and their lobbyists.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #25253558 - 06/07/18 06:32 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
People have known morphine like substances were addictive since before the Opium Wars.

The truth lies somewhere between the pharmacies lawyers and their lobbyists.

Right on.

Also i feel docs are unfairly blamed alot of the time, considering its not all that easy to get even a vicodin script these days.

Shit, Prince ate a Vicodin, and it ended up being counterfeit, having fentanyl in it, and now hes dead.

Now im seeing that even xanax bars, i mean i read about this, but in my area, people are getting their hands on pressed "bars", some of which are alprazolam, some contain fentanyl also. Fucking dangerous. I think people need to get off the fent and dope and at least have access to things like oxycodone and actual rx benzos. Otherwise it doesnt lead to anything good. The way to start fixing the opioid crisis- work backwards

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: passifloracaerulea] * 1
    #25256854 - 06/08/18 08:18 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
I remember when people said etizolam was non addictive...:rolleyes:

Hahahaha. Remember when they used to say it was less likely to cause seizures too? (compared to other benzos or thienos )

:lolsy:

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Origins of an Epidemic: Purdue Pharma Knew of OxyContin Abuse in 1996 But Covered It Up [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25256981 - 06/08/18 09:22 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Sure do. I actually had massive grand mal seizures from etizolam years ago.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds