Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: mmcc] * 1
    #25241511 - 05/31/18 09:05 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mmcc said:
did some pruning. Finally decided to quit veggie-ing

Man that plant had beautiful branching and form. I'd go clone crazy.

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MoonFarmer] * 1
    #25241572 - 05/31/18 09:34 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

True that. I didn't fully appreciate it earlier, now i'm reminded of my two trees beside my house i'm always doting one, one is a mandarin tree i planted a few months ago

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

#25241625 - 05/31/18 09:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MoonFarmer said:
Quote:

mmcc said:
did some pruning. Finally decided to quit veggie-ing

Man that plant had beautiful branching and form. I'd go clone crazy.

Took 3 clones and gonna veg the mother until I see new growth then ima flower it. Don’t have all that much space sadly.

Offlinejibbly1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: wolfiewolfie] * 1
    #25241763 - 05/31/18 10:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:
Im a very experienced outdoor grower, over the last 6 or so years there has been maybe a few months total where I havent had any growing.
At the moment I have 4 sativas which are o ly a couple of weeks away from harvest :laugh:

Id love to be involved in a thread where I can share experience, techniques and ideas with others. I am also on growery.org however it is  a rather small community compared to here.

The reason I saw this thread is because I was just about to make one in regards to my first indoor indica grow.

OM - in regards to germinating seeds, I have found the most effective method to be placing them in a glass of warm water for 24 hours. After that time, if any are still floating chances are they will not sprout. As for the ones that sink to the bottom, plant them directly into soil (pots, ground etc.) and you should see them sprout within a day or two.

Hi Wolfie. If you want some good forums to discuss growing try Ozstoners for an aussie growers forum or ICMAG forums (international cannagraphic) for international discussion.

<SNIP> Mod edit; No source discussion

Edited by Mostly_Harmless (06/01/18 04:30 AM)

InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: mmcc] * 1
    #25242152 - 06/01/18 07:01 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I understand the lack of space. Just had to acknowledge the specimen.

Keep it up :greenthumb:

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
    #25242345 - 06/01/18 09:39 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I thought ICMag was dead too... Last I heard they got taken over by the feds because of some seed issue about 6 or 7 years ago.

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: El Torcho] * 1
    #25243556 - 06/01/18 10:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone here use Fox Farm trio (big bloom , grow big, tiger bloom)  Or General Hydroponics Flora trio (uhhhh flora bloom flora grow, and whatever)?

How high ppm does everyone feed? the charts are basically junk from what i gather, i searched for so long to try and understand how i'm supposed to add the few tsp they say in the chart and end up with the ppm they say above, but then ppl in forums say just throw it away and mix your feeds together in a certain ratio until you reach the strength you want.

And some people heavy feed and seeems like they stop feeding around week 6 of flower and let the fan leaves all yellow out and die and "flush" the plant. 

But with what i'm learning, that's literally starving your plant and its a heavy nitrogen deficiency (yellowing leaves, starting at bottom, because the top leaves have more access to light and nitrogen is prioritized there to keep the top green and photosyntheticly active)

The way many forums word it is "your girls are using up thier food storages and burning off the last bit of heavy ferts and its totally normal" but in reality, they are starving their girls to the point the leaves fall out.

It makes much more sense to me to back off on feeding to almost nothing, but continually give, i dunno 400-800ppm every other watering? 

My thinking is, the plant will have more energy all the way through rather than starving out. More energy to create more trichomes. Especially since a lot of last minute yield techniques (splitting the stem, lights out for a few days before harvest, etc) rely on the plant having energy to produce extra trichomes as a response to stress.

Thoughts on this?

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Humble Newcomer] * 1
    #25243592 - 06/01/18 10:31 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

When used to many years ago I used general hydroponics.i used 5 ml flora micro and 10 ml flora bloom per gallon ( I think it's called the Lucas formula or ratio or something. You'll get some people that will say hey that's not how you do it. You have to have different veg and different flower ratios but it worked for me. The last 2 weeks they just received water with a ph of around 6.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25243641 - 06/01/18 11:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mmcc said:
I’d start them now and mulch em. 25-30 gallons will grow a nice tree shrub

My seedlings are already going, most of them are around 8 days old since they sprouted. And I plan on buying some clones in the next week or two (small, but already with roots & hearty growth) .

That's what I was asking, will plants that are still only week old seedlings (and some well rooted/hearty clones) at this moment make use and fill out a 25 to 30 gallon pot through the season...?...I feel like I'm getting a late start on things lol, or a bit late to just now be sowing/sprouting the seed...not "too late" at all but much later than a lot folks around my area do (starting them under lights indoors so they're already moderate size plants by this time of year when they put em' outdoors). I've seen grows before, but I have no real reference for how much the plants will grow in a given amount of time (I know there's lots of variables at play there, but in general). 

But yea that's what I'm aiming for, a nice bushy/shrub of sorts :grin:. . I'm not trying to grow giants, just some healthy shruby/bushy ladies, (I'm assuming most of mine will reach around 4ft to 5ft.?..). I'm trying to keep them relatively short. I'm planning on topping and training them. I'd be more than happy with 1/4lb from each plant but I think outdoor plants of good genetics (in 30 gallon pots) will likely produce a bit more than that, yea?...I'm not aiming for any particular weight, just trying to raise some healthy plants and see what they provide....All of my harvest is entirely for my own stash and some gifts to those in my life.

Quote:

Humble Newcomer said:
Yeah I'd try now.

I read in the forums a ton about being careful with seedlings and all this and that about extra nutrition different soil, humidity domes, I say most all that's bollocks.

I saw so many that ended up choking the seedlings to death or growing mold everywhere with humidity domes, people losing twelve seeds at once.

I started super gingerly but by my 8th one I just hucked them in my tent under full wattage lights at about a week old.

Learn the why's about all the little steps they say for seedlings and pay attention tk those vectors

Why humidity domes? Bc substrate amount in pots for seedlings is so small that it dries out so fast. I spray the sub of my seedling with a spray bottle once a day to replenish what was lost from tent heat.

I don't think direct light is an issue at all for seedlings, except the accelerated moisture loss from sub. Which is huge, i missed just one day and I came back to find two seedlings limped all the way over from dehydration. Watered. One came back one didn't :frown:

Wind is a huge concern.

From what I've read in forums yeah people start early, you want to transplant into ground at last frost, and to be transplanting in a plant of proper size and hardiness to survive (they say min two weeks or so, but you could do earlier with care or, you could put in a 4 month old beast you've been vegging in a five gallon under MH bulbs.

I don't know anything about outdoor pot sizes I'm envious of your legal status. But I would transplant as early as possible into as big as I could.

And I would water /feed the inner half only for a while then inner 3/4 then whole thing

That's what I do when I transfer from one gallon into five gallon

I kept my seeds/seedlings under a basic "humidity dome" for 5 days or so. I germinated them in small cups with plastic wrap over them, placed outdoors in partial sun (80f to 90f outside). While the tap root was initially coming out of the seed and then the first few days while the baby seedlings only had their cotyledons I kept the plastic wrap over them (w/ a tiny bit of fresh air flow). But once their first true leaves were going I took it off and it was open air.

I definitely thought about mold and/or "choking" em' but they did well.

Since I made my last post asking about taking them out in direct sun...that's what I did today, moved them where they spent almost the entire day under the direct sun (mid day I placed em' in shade for an hour or so, just being cautious, the sunlight was damn intense today and I didn't want to roast them lol). I too water the soil with just a spray bottle, twice a day...will probably be doing so 3 or 4 times a day in a couple days when it's 100+ outside.

The last frost around my area is pretty early in the season, planting right around then can definitely be done but it's still kinda cold outside at night and there is still a chance of weather and the days are still a bit too short so the plants will start to flower pretty early unless they're supplemented with few hours of extra light...Which quite a few folks do, they'll rig up some simple lights around their outdoor plants while the days are still short & super early in the season..just enough light to keep them in veg so they don't go into flower during the early spring.

But yea I plan on getting everything into big pots as soon as I can. I'm going to let my seedlings go for at least 2 or 3 weeks before moving them at all, when I buy a few clones in a week or two I'll likely place them directly into big pots. Around 25 to 30 gallon pots is about as big as my budget will allow, as far as buying the soil and nutes for them (6 plants). But that should be plenty for the size & type of grow I'm aiming for :yesnod:....

...If I didn't live right in the middle of a town/neighborhood and if I had the $$$ to do so (and if I had the plants started a bit early in the season), I would be putting them into 100+ gallon fabric pots and growing me some big wans :grin: !

-OM
:stoner:

--------------------

Edited by openmind (06/01/18 11:20 PM)

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: openmind] * 1
    #25243646 - 06/01/18 11:18 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Man that's so cool I can't wait til I can grow outdoors.

I'll celebrate by vegging me a four month monster and planting it as early as I can,  as much as I talk to my girls I can only imagine if one was a tree and I could hug it lol

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

#25243666 - 06/01/18 11:33 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

figure out how many hours they’ll get now and will get while they grow. I meant “start them” as in go for it. The sooner the better at this point unless you plan on using supplemental lighting. Could get at least a month or two of veg in which time you want them to grow as big as possible. I’d keep some plants in veg under some lights just to make you have something that’ll veg enough.

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #25243680 - 06/01/18 11:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Humble Newcomer said:
And some people heavy feed and seeems like they stop feeding around week 6 of flower and let the fan leaves all yellow out and die and "flush" the plant. 

But with what i'm learning, that's literally starving your plant and its a heavy nitrogen deficiency (yellowing leaves, starting at bottom, because the top leaves have more access to light and nitrogen is prioritized there to keep the top green and photosyntheticly active)

The way many forums word it is "your girls are using up thier food storages and burning off the last bit of heavy ferts and its totally normal" but in reality, they are starving their girls to the point the leaves fall out.

It makes much more sense to me to back off on feeding to almost nothing, but continually give, i dunno 400-800ppm every other watering?

Plants yellowing at the end is a completely natural proceas, it's called senescence. Cannabis that grows in the wild will experience that as well, as will cannabis grown in no-till with no flushing at the end.

Feeding water soluble, bottled nutrients is what's unnatural, and giving it nitrogen at the end would be silly and result in more harm than good (foxtailing, lack of denseness, etc...).

Many new growers try to feed as much as they can thinking they'll get a better harvest but more often than not they end-up with burned tips, stretchy plants and awful tasting smoke.

Flushing is a must if you feed bottled nutes, makes for a much cleaner, healthier and tastier smoke.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MeanGreen] * 1
    #25243706 - 06/02/18 12:22 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I understand senescence in mush context and see the similarities but I'm surprised that would be the same term here.

If I wanted to go organic in the future what options do I have?

I've seen super soil recipes and adding bone meal and blood meal and worm castings to soil but that great organic nutrition will only get it so far...

How would I continually feed it?

Use seaweed extract or make some kind of nutrient rich water?

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
    #25243910 - 06/02/18 05:53 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Humble Newcomer said:
I've seen super soil recipes and adding bone meal and blood meal and worm castings to soil but that great organic nutrition will only get it so far...

How would I continually feed it?

There are plenty of water-only grows out there.

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: El Torcho] * 1
    #25243917 - 06/02/18 06:05 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Look up no-till gardening, basically you make a good healthy soil mix, grow cover crops such as crimson clover, mustard, alfalfa and continually mulch them over. You feed enzymes in the form of seed-sprout teas and make sure the soil never fully dries out. Add some earth worms too.

Within a couple cycles your soil will be full of life, teeming with mycelium, beneficial bacteria, microbes, worms and decomposing bugs.

All of that will take care of breaking down all the organic matter in the soil and make it directly available to your plants, which will tap into those nutrients as it needs. Think about it, the soil composition doesn't change from nitrogen rich to PK rich suddenly when plants start flowering in the wild. Never worry about PH, never have to buy new soil, and the only bottled thing you might wanna add is fulvic & humic acid.

I wish BrownGuy420's channel was still up so you could see how a commercial operation with 4 huge greenhouses and a large outdoor field performs using this style of growing. It performs outstanding, tests very clean obviously and tastes heavenly.

Here's one of the few vids left from the wealth of knowledge this guy put up on youtube :frown:

And one of the best threads on the subject: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening.1299862/

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MeanGreen] * 1
    #25244019 - 06/02/18 07:43 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MeanGreen] * 2
    #25244059 - 06/02/18 08:26 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MeanGreen said:
Quote:

applesmasher420 said:
Im gonna be doing some controlled outdoor breeding this year too.

I'm sorry but "outdoor" and "breeding" don't belong in the same sentence, let alone controlled.

For doing any kind of serious breeding (and not seeding your whole crop) you'd need at the very least a dedicated air-sealed room where you flower your males and collect pollen in. Preferably with a second small room where you can change clothes when going out of it to prevent carrying pollen on you.

You could bring your males in and do it the ghetto way, but that means there is no selection of the males taking place and is basically just pollen chucking rather than actual breeding.

Here are some vids that might help, the 1st one shows how Subcool from TGA Seeds does it and keeps his males.

Also this playlist where Kevin Jodrey interviews many of the best breeders from Humboldt/Mendocino/NorCal, great insight into their selection process:
2017 Seed Series: Meet The Breeders: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUI_g75VibO9vJTb--Wd8bHQQ1MTQzT4E

I agree 100%. I did my selective breeding by applying pollen to new female flowers with a small artists paint brush, and then covering them with a plastic sandwich bag to avoid contaminating the rest.  I guess my best effort was crossing Super Skunk with Chocolate Chunk to produce Chocolate Skunk.

Outdoors, pollen is your enemy.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #25244062 - 06/02/18 08:30 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Humble Newcomer said:
Man that's so cool I can't wait til I can grow outdoors.

I'll celebrate by vegging me a four month monster and planting it as early as I can,  as much as I talk to my girls I can only imagine if one was a tree and I could hug it lol

Outdoors you can get bottom stems with over 2 inch diameter planting 8-10 inch clones in mid May.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #25244239 - 06/02/18 10:34 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you Meangreen. I watched all three of those and really enjoyed myself. It was a great way to start the day :grin:

Those old school, vet farmers are really inspiring to listen to. Its nice to know theyre out there :heart:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Lipa Kreepa] * 1
    #25247190 - 06/03/18 11:25 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You all have any preferences on when you like to pick....

When they need a drink or when they are fully hydrated?

Whats your fav terpene profile ratio? (What amber count do you prefer?)

When i was coming up, it was suggested to pick when only a few ambers are seen. Nowadays it seems ppl go on a heavier ratio... like b/wn 10-40%

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals