Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkylinex99
Stranger
Male

Loc: New Zealand
Bad patch of P Subs? Paralysis and not able to talk.
    #25243999 - 06/02/18 07:30 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

So I found a huge patch of P Subs while mushroom hunting, I've collected over 600 subs. I've given them to about 5 people, and they all have had a shit time. Extremely weak body aswell as not being able to talk at higher doses. The body weakness is extreme collapsing the floor and basically being paralysed, having to lay on the floor for atleast 5 minutes to gain enough strength to pull yourself an inch with your arms, lasts 6-8hours, then fairly weak 24 hours afterwards. Me and 2 others felt we couldn't talk at all, like we couldn't get air aswell as not having a voice box. Intense visuals and body high though, but the 'side effects' isn't really worth tripping at all. We have been eating them fresh

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepekin420
Male User Gallery

Loc: united States Flag
Re: Bad patch of P Subs? Paralysis and not able to talk. [Re: Skylinex99]
    #25244022 - 06/02/18 07:45 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

that sound horrible. I can't identify mushrooms I hope somebody else chimes in please don't give these to anybody else and don't eat them anymore yourself that's f****** crazy being paralyzed and not being able to talk

--------------------

OfflineSkylinex99
Stranger
Male

Re: Bad patch of P Subs? Paralysis and not able to talk. [Re: pekin420]
    #25244028 - 06/02/18 07:50 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pekin420 said:
that sound horrible. I can't identify mushrooms I hope somebody else chimes in please don't give these to anybody else and don't eat them anymore yourself that's f****** crazy being paralyzed and not being able to talk

They're all 100% P subs, every one I ate had intense blue bruising.

--------------------

OfflineSkylinex99
Stranger
Male

#25244035 - 06/02/18 07:58 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
    #25244052 - 06/02/18 08:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like they might have some poisonous chemical.

Just grow your own from a tested strain.

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Bad patch of P Subs? Paralysis and not able to talk. [Re: Inflaton]
    #25244230 - 06/02/18 10:30 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Those are woodlovers, right? I've read, and seen around here that certain wood-growing actives can paralyze you for short times. That would be really scary during a trip, imo.

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bad patch of P Subs? Paralysis and not able to talk. [Re: SizlChest]
    #25244333 - 06/02/18 11:17 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, wood digesting Psylocibes sometimes have that effect. No one really knows why, there is not a lot of research or scientific interest into psychoactive mushrooms of course. But it would be really interesting to find out, because every species has been reported to cause paralysis, but not every time. It could be environmental, could be genetic, could be a product of digesting a particular wood. Who knows. But the good thing is, those effects don't cause permanent damage, even though the after effects can last for a few days.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Bad patch of P Subs? Paralysis and not able to talk. [Re: Tangich]
    #25244644 - 06/02/18 02:46 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:
Yeah, wood digesting Psylocibes sometimes have that effect. No one really knows why, there is not a lot of research or scientific interest into psychoactive mushrooms of course. But it would be really interesting to find out, because every species has been reported to cause paralysis, but not every time. It could be environmental, could be genetic, could be a product of digesting a particular wood. Who knows. But the good thing is, those effects don't cause permanent damage, even though the after effects can last for a few days.

^This

For some reason wood decomposing psilocybe species are notorious for causing paralysis from time to time...It's not super common but it's absolutely not unheard of, it is something that happens from time to time.

Azurescens seem to be the most common species this happens with, but I've heard about it happening with cyanescens as well, and subs like in this thread...I can't say I've heard of it happening with allenii (a close relative of cyans), but that's not to say it hasn't occurred...I've also never heard of it happening with ovoids...But this is definitely something that occurs with wood lovers in general (I can't say I've ever heard a report of this happening with any cubensis or panaeolus species).

I've seen many threads about this occurring over the years...If one does a search around the shroomery for "wood lover paralysis" or search terms along those lines I'm sure you'll find a bunch of different discussions on this topic...It is still not known what the cause is :shrug: . The paralysis is temporary and there doesn't seem to be any lasting issues at all...With all the stories where I've heard about this happening on the shroomery, the person(s) are totally fine within hours of the trip or within 24 hours at the most.

Personally....basically all of the mushrooms I've ate over the past 3 years have been cyanescens and allenii (all of which I found/picked myself, from 3 different patches), and I've ate many MANY ounces of them since I've found my patches and I have yet to experience the paralysis :shrug: . There has been a few occasions, though, where I've experienced some pronounced weakness in my body/limbs that seemed to be separate/different from that of the typical "body load" that mushrooms give me (I'm very familiar with how mushrooms treat me, this weakness seemed different than the usual mushroom load)...my legs were a bit wobbly along with that my breathing seemed to be a bit more labored than usual, it felt like my lungs were kinda "tight" and restricted a bit, it took effort to get a nice deep breathe (it wasn't enough to have me concerned, but def something I was aware of). The few times this has occured for me it's been during the come up and initial phase of the trip, around 90 to 120 minutes after dosing this aspect was gone entirely and I had ZERO body load.

...the not being able to talk part, not being able to talk on mushrooms is totally normal for me (at least for the first 2 hours of the trip), I can do so but it takes immense effort and I talk very slowly and drunkenly, and in basic words like a toddler lol. But not being able to talk because one's cognition is altered and not being able to talk because you're not able to move your mouth is two different things.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineSkylinex99
Stranger
Male

Re: Bad patch of P Subs? Paralysis and not able to talk. [Re: openmind] * 1
    #25247480 - 06/04/18 07:07 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineSkylinex99
Stranger
Male

#25247485 - 06/04/18 07:11 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Skylinex99 said:
https://psilocybintechnology.com/wood-lover-paralysis-unsolved-mystery/

Very weird. Wonder what it could be :confused:

If anyone else has this problem take Benadryl. It helps 100%

--------------------

Edited by Skylinex99 (06/04/18 07:12 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract