Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
perpetual trance
    #2524394 - 04/04/04 02:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

General Disclaimer

this is just an idea that has (very) recently caught my attention...I haven't thought too much about it, nor even considered how reliable my information is - I am assuming everything and likely jumping to conclusions that shouldn't even be considered (which likely make absolutely no damn sense what-so-ever) I'm talking completely out of my ass, and have no evidence to back up anything I'm about to say

this is all speculation right now...and as such - shouldn't be taken as anything other then a mere musing on my part

that being said:

I know a number of people who are deaf as well as a couple who are blind (or at least pretty damn close) and not too long ago I was attempting to meditate with a couple of them, and I stumbled upon an odd little 'thing' that I think could potentially help a whole hell of a lot of people if I could only figure out a way to tweak the experience to make it more 'useable'

what I learned is that (apparenly) people with disabilities can overcome their 'handicaps' when in a deep meditative trance...almost as if they were relying on their astral 'senses' (if there is such a thing) as opposed to their physical senses - the deaf were able to 'hear' everything that I was attempting to convey to them

it's likely that this was just a form of telepathy and nothing else...but I've heard stories about things like remote viewing (where someone 'sees' something through their spiritual 'eyes') and have myself slipped into something similiar to this on one such occasion (breifly) so it would seem like it is indeed possible to use one's senses without actually having to use the physical organs such senses are typically connected with (which for some people are unoperable)

the only problem is it seems to only work when an individual is in a half awake trance like state - and therefor pretty much incapible of normal motor functions / thought processes / whatever (e.g. simple stupid shit that makes up everyday life - like eating, cleaning, going to work, taking a shit, etc...) so it obviously won't do anyone much good if the only time they can access these senses they'd normally be deprived of is when they're taking some time out of their day to just kick back, relax, and meditate

BUT (assuming it's possible)

if they could find a way to maintain this meditative state while still being able to function properly, then they could (theoretically anyway) live their lives just as anyone else would - free from whatever handicap they might possess

anyone think there *could* be something to 'astral senses' (or whatever you wanna call em)
like has anyone here ever heard of anything along these lines?

or am I just imagining things which aren't really there (wishful thinking perhaps?)

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: perpetual trance [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #2526030 - 04/05/04 12:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well, we know that its possible to see with your eyes closed and hear without sound... we all do it when we dream. Also, many people claim to be able to astral project, remote view or whatever and that also functions without any physically functioning senses. Also we all have the power of imagination, which allows us to 'see' some things quite vividly in our minds eye. With practice these things can be made more vivid, so maybe blind people could train themselves to see some things in there minds eye but it wouldnt be practically very helpfull.

interesting fact: people who have been blind from birth can 'see' hallucinations on LSD or mushrooms

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology