Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemrshroomery
Stranger
Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!!
    #25241822 - 06/01/18 01:09 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys!
So me and my best friend are in Norway and we got some magic mushrooms from a friend of a friend.

It’s the first time we had ever tried mushrooms and so we decided to have 1.75gram each to start off with. We smoke a lot of weed but haven’t ever done psychedelics. So to dip our toes in the water we started with a dose of 1.75.

We grinded it all up and made a tea out of it. Poured it into a bottle and the next day we took it into the woods/lake. So we drink the tea at the woods and we’re chilling and there’s not much effects, maybe a slight relaxed feeling/very minimal body high. Lasted for about 10-15 minutes and after that we were sober.
——-
Also i’m going to add, the night before, (the day we prepared the shroom tea) we had 30mg of Valium each and smoked weed. Then we passed out and woke up next morning excited to go trip in nature for the first time.
——-

So obviously we were a little bit disappointed with what happened and so the same day we drank the tea at the lake we went and got 4 / 4.5 grams, and decided that we’ll eat them tonight and go on an adventure in Aker Brygge which is a beautiful Port in Oslo.

We ate them at Midnight. Just grinded them up, chucked them into a cup, poured some water in there and chugged it. We had about 1.5g each and waited about an hour. We weren’t feeling much but a slight body high/relaxed feeling so we ate the rest we had raw. We had about 2.25g each in total that night and we did not feel much at all.

We went outside for a walk and we felt a little “different” and a bit out of it. We felt a bit smaller and our surroundings seemed and felt bigger but i definitely felt quite sober. A bit relaxed and our legs were a bit heavy but i definitely was NOT tripping like people describe a shroom trip to be like! What are we doing wrong?? Any idea what went wrong twice??

1st attempt of shroom tea: https://m.imgur.com/a/xvamrcs

2nd attempt of shrooms: https://m.imgur.com/a/qzNyiEd

(2nd batch had nice long mushrooms that were nice and big but were eaten prior to the photo!)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAleksander
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Denmark Flag
Re: Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!! [Re: mrshroomery]
    #25241996 - 06/01/18 06:01 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

It’s not unheard of that first time shroom trips doesn’t kick in. Idk why guessing it’s some sort of brain defense mechanism kicking in figthing the unknown. :shrug:

As to your second time as I understand it it was the day after your first time and you didn’t take into account that you had builded up tolerance. But the fact that you felt a little tells me that you’re not untouchable by shroom magic. Wait a couple of weeks and try again chances are you will experience something entirely different.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!! [Re: Aleksander]
    #25242246 - 06/01/18 10:27 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Either the pills fucking with the effect or the shrooms are weak maybe ? They were cracker dry ?

Wait like a week or two and try like 2.5g maybe in an empty stomach. Eat it all at once

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Offlinemrshroomery
Stranger
Re: Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!! [Re: Enkidu]
    #25242250 - 06/01/18 10:33 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

They didn’t feel or look cracked dry. The first ones looked much worse then the 2nd ones (imgur.com/a/qzNyiEd) and these were long and not that dry. Yet nothing much happened. We’ll try 2grams on an empty stomach in about a week but it’s so strange that it didn’t work. Really want to get to them bottom of this.

OfflineFlappyFolds
Stranger

Re: Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!! [Re: mrshroomery]
    #25242301 - 06/01/18 11:12 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like they just weren't very potent at all. 1.75g should've got you high, I sometimes eat 1.5g in the mornings without food and, well I have a great day!

As far as the valium goes, that's a benzodiazepine like xanax, lorazepam, ativan etc and act as a CNS depressant, wonderful for seizures anxiety and to slow normal brain function. But this is not what you typically want with your mushrooms, I keep them around as a last resort after seeing a friend have a full blown seizure after eating 3 grams - she was probably also taking other drugs like MDMA and Anti-depressants durrrr. They typically only last 4-6 hours but if you can, avoid them unless necessary.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!! [Re: FlappyFolds]
    #25242327 - 06/01/18 11:33 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

If they weren't cracker dry then they weren't great quality, depending on how long it took them to get to you, you have degradation occuring and that's not a super high dose to begin with.

They look relatively dry to me though, they look about what they should be except maybe they had moisture and degradation and your dose was relatively small

Eat more, they look legit as far as being osycjoactice mushrooms. Hopefully you're not being charged an arm and a leg for them though...

You can get high quality cracker dry boomers for 20 or 25 an 1/8 if you can find some good people...

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineAleksander
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!! [Re: Enkidu]
    #25243062 - 06/01/18 06:46 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

If you were dealt shrooms that weren’t properly dry bad karma is surely on its way to whoever. You need a new source. Or just grow. Having been to Norway I’m guessing they probably did cost you an arm and a leg.

Quote:

Enkidu said:
Wait like a week or two and try like 2.5g maybe in an empty stomach. Eat it all at once

I disagree on advising someone who has never had a psychedelic trip to do 2.5g.

Also OP akar brygge doesn’t sound like a good place to trip. However I’ve only seen it in daytime, too crowded.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Any help with this shroom problem!! All help appreciated thanks!! [Re: Aleksander]
    #25243072 - 06/01/18 06:51 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Lol ok. He just ate the amount he said and didn't trip. I'm advising him to eat the same weak mushrooms of a higher dose since they don't seem to be dry or strong.

And 2.5g is definitely easily within the normal starting dose, and a perfectly safe and reasonable dose to experience what is less than the full effects of a true mushroom experience :rolleyes: buy yeah,my advise is bad :super: :rolleyes:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25243077 - 06/01/18 06:53 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Aleksander said:
It’s not unheard of that first time shroom trips doesn’t kick in. Idk why guessing it’s some sort of brain defense mechanism kicking in figthing the unknown. :shrug:

As to your second time as I understand it it was the day after your first time and you didn’t take into account that you had builded up tolerance. But the fact that you felt a little tells me that you’re not untouchable by shroom magic. Wait a couple of weeks and try again chances are you will experience something entirely different.

Also judging by this, you sound like you barely even know what you're talking about to begin with

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineAleksander
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #25243151 - 06/01/18 07:29 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Care to explain? I’ve heard enough times that first timers doesn’t get an effect to believe it’s a thing. But I admit I have nothing to back this up so it might just be something I pieced together of random thoughts. Lol

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25243237 - 06/01/18 08:28 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Apologize for possibly being a dick but I disagree mushrooms don't impact people their first time or whatever nonsense that was.

Imo they have the most pronounced effect even at low doses.

When I split an eighth with friends I tripped hard as fuck even though it was a small dose.

My friend this girl I know tripped balls off 2g, full on closed eye visuals and deep introspection about traumatic experiences while younger.

That being said 2.5 is not an outrageous dose imo, especially considering I was specifically referring to the mushrooms he has available, which be didn't feel at a dose he should have felt something.

And then the second paragraph I was like :what:

Even if he "builded up" tolerance imo it doesn't impact us the way you portrayed but idc :shrug:

That's me caring to explain

*Disclaimer* no actual egos were hurt in the making of this post.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinemrshroomery
Stranger
    #25243266 - 06/01/18 08:57 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

The thing is that my other friend told me that he had eaten 2.5 grams of the same shrooms and was balls to the wall tripping.
I think some people may be right that the psilocybin may have oxidized when we made the tea the night before, making the tea a - low potency shroom tea- which then led us to building up a tolerance and attempting them again on the same day  didn’t work. We want to try them again on Thursday so 6 days after our first attempts, we are planning on taking 2 grams raw, maybe even lemon tek but have 1 or 2 grams extra each if we’re not feeling the effects in 30-40 minutes. Does this sound like a good plan?

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25243292 - 06/01/18 09:11 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I never take more to try and go deeper. I take a dose then ride it out and take more next time if I didn't go where I wanted to go.

That's just me.

Imo by the time you know you wanted more or not it's too late to accurately dose to increase the effect.

But again, that's just me, keep in mind I give horrible advice :wink:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25243296 - 06/01/18 09:13 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah didn't. Orice you said you made the tea so far in advance, that could potentially be part of it

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinemrshroomery
Stranger
    #25243297 - 06/01/18 09:14 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I was told this on a reddit forum -

“Psychedelics are not like smoking weed or drinking. Adding more later doesn't always increase the potency but rather the duration. Buy the ticket and take the ride. Take 3g each, grind them up, add enough lemon juice to cover wait 15 minutes and down it all. “

and had replied -

“This information was extremely good to know! Thanks a lot!!! We’ll probably start with 2g as my friend said he was “balls to the wall tripping” on 2.5g of the same shrooms and this would be our first time. But we’ll lemon tek 2grams and next time if it wasn’t enough we’ll do more!”

So thanks to you too! Gave me the same info! Legends! We’ll do the 2g’s lemon tek and next time see if we should go up a notch!

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25243303 - 06/01/18 09:24 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I personally would just eat 2.5 over lemon Tek but that's just me :shrug:

I would also take them on an empty stomach.

And yeah I agree that it's more likely not to increase or potentiate the effects,but will possibly just increase the duration of the trip a bit.

You have to digest the matter then release the chemical. Doing it all at once is much different then prolonging the total amount of the chemical in two phases, 1) eating and digesting and releasing and getting that effect then 2) again an hour later, compared to all at once.

The strength of effect is all.about how much of the chemical you are ingesting all at once

He told you 3g :lol: yeah imo that's not too much and you'll more likely just have a good time based on what I have gathered about you and your set :shrug:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinemrshroomery
Stranger
    #25243460 - 06/01/18 11:13 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Ohh i’m just thinking now, if we try them again in 6 days, what dosage would we do. Because would our tolerance go down quick enough? I mean we literally did shrooms twice in one day i guess, once a oxidized low potency tea and then like 2.25 grams. So that’s why i’m thinking would 2 be enough or should we actually do 2.5 or 3

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25243561 - 06/02/18 12:10 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I personally doubt there will be any tolerance when you dose again.

From the sound of it you didn't even trip anyway

I wouldn't really count on tolerance but that's just me

2.5g is still a good dose Imo

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinenaturalistic123
Male User Gallery

#25243769 - 06/02/18 03:30 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

eh, I'd stick with the solid 3.5 gm.  Better to err on the side of caution, so you know you'll get your moneys worth.:mushroom2:

The kid's already tried a bunch, and felt a lil something.  He'll be safe to ingest a solid eigth, and get the full experience, IMO.

Fucking terrible advice, Enkidu.  Geez man, get your shit together.  Y'know?:howyoudoing:

--------------------
Ὡς οὖν εἴπεν αὐτοῖς ὅτι Ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀπῆλθον εἰς τὰ ὀπίσω, καὶ ἔπεσον χαμαί.

OfflineAleksander
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #25243800 - 06/02/18 04:19 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

OK so I were in a state yesterday where I should have stayed off forums. Making speculation and assuptions, linking shit toghter without even thinking how and why. Overall just being really bad at explaining my points that were kinda just pulled out of my ass anyway. So OP please disregard my posts.

Enkidu, I pretty much agree with all you’ve posted reading it over.

Quote:

Enkidu said:
That being said 2.5 is not an outrageous dose imo, especially considering I was specifically referring to the mushrooms he has available, which be didn't feel at a dose he should have felt something.

Especially this I failed to see the logic in.

Quote:

Enkidu said:
"builded up"

Now this is just bring a dick lol:crazy:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started