Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: wolfiewolfie] * 1
    #25139456 - 04/14/18 07:15 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:

It has a strong fruity small not unlike mango.

Mmmmm, mango buds.

Tutti Fucken Frutti

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
    #25139755 - 04/14/18 09:38 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:
The seeds I picked out of some weed i got whwn i was in fiji a few years ago... they 'somehow' found their way back into Australia in my socks :eyebrow:

It has a strong fruity small not unlike mango.

:naturetrip:

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MoonFarmer] * 1
    #25157719 - 04/22/18 01:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Is there any serious stress risks with letting a few clones veg outdoor for a few months and the bringing them indoor to bloom? Its my understanding that veg light should be around half of bloom light, and if this is a super critical element, then it wouldn't work correct?

Say they were kept short and under shade cloth outside, getting some afternoon sun... then repotted and moved under say 300-400w of either LED or HID. Plausible? Ideally, save money on electricity and bulbs by doing the whole thing outdoor... though sadly not everyone has such a luxury.

----

Also... so ive been reading a little about using colloidal silver on a branch when in bloom to force the branch to become hermie and push out pollen sacks. If one were thinking of doing this to preserve their last clones of a good feminized strain... what are the pros and cons of doing such a technique? The offspring would be either female or hermie correct? Is this the standard process for seed banks preparing feminized seed?

Thx stoners :heart::potleaf::earth::peace:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25223623 - 05/23/18 04:30 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:
I plant my seeds in small pots after soaking in warm water, wet the soil then cover the pot with clear cling wrap and place it somewhere sunny. The cling wrap traps in warmth and humidity creating like a mini greenhouse. Doing it this way ive never had a seed take any more than 2 maybe 3 days to sprout.

I'm germinating seeds at the moment, pretty much like ^that^, some soil in a foam cup with some plastic wrap over the top, and placed the seed about 1/4 inch or so down into the soil with...One of them popped open today, it's only been 2.5 days.

I had the seed maybe 1/4 inch down in the soil, but now that it's popped open the tap root seems to be going up out of the soil and a bit sideways and not down into the soil.

You think I should gently move/position it so the tap root is going down into the soil or just leave it to figure it out on its own?

*Edit/update: I ended up doing a quick google search about this after I made this post, it seems common/normal for the tap root to do this, grow upwards at first, I also don't think I planted it deep enough. Instead of moving/messing with it, I ended up just placing a pinch of soil over the tap root, going to let it do it's thing and hope it turns down into the soil and takes hold.

-OM

Edited by openmind (05/23/18 05:06 PM)

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: openmind] * 1
    #25236808 - 05/29/18 06:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

9 out of 15 seeds successfully germinated for me :awesome: . The first one that popped open, the one I spoke about in my previous post, ended up not making it.

I really wasn't expecting that many of them to sprout, I was going to be satisfied if just one of them popped open lol....I wasn't expecting many of them to actually pop open mostly because I felt that some of the seeds might have been too old, and/or not developed/mature enough to be viable....

That's why I germinated so many right from the beginning....but now I'm in the situation where I'm going to have to pick and choose which ones I want to keep, since by law I'm only allowed 6 plants (and since I'm growing right in my back yard I want to stay within the law). I also want to get some clones of some specific strains, ugghh lol, I wanna grow em' all lol.

I'm going to let these seedlings grow out for a few weeks then choose which ones look the most healthy & robust and hope those all turn out to be ladies, then try to find homes for the other ones.

What I have so far from the seeds that popped open (all bag seed that came from particularly dank buds, of course the mystery is if the seeds were conceived from the plant self pollinating itself or from stray pollen from another plant)....

3 Raspberry Kush

1 Khalifa Kush

1 Cherry Kush

1 Captain America OG

1 Blue Cookies

2 mystery/unlabeled seeds that I picked out of an old seed jar of mine, they're a few years old and I'm not sure what strain they were picked out of. I'm really surprised these ones in particular popped open since they've just been sitting in a jar for a few years.

....and so it begins :happyweed: .

-OM

--------------------

Edited by openmind (05/31/18 03:45 PM)

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

#25239418 - 05/30/18 11:02 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm also a member at the growery and to my chagrin it's nothing. I searched around d and found a forum that had 20x the traffic and a server full of search engine gold.

I'm very surprised this thread is dead too.

I guess not many of us on shroomery want to talk about it maybe a lot of experienced growers and I can see that

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Humble Newcomer] * 1
    #25239624 - 05/31/18 03:50 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

It is a shame theres not a more bumpin scene for canna growing around. I feel like there really use to be, many years back. I was on the cannabis culture forums and it was blowing up bigtime. Now its a ghost town in there :shrug:

New beginnings? Let's hope so :cool:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Lipa Kreepa] * 1
    #25239663 - 05/31/18 04:31 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I think most of the discussion is done on social medias now that it's more accepted and people in the US don't need/want to be anonymous anymore.

It's a shame really because the info is kinda lost and not centralized & searchable properly.
Youtube used to be a great place for cannabis culture but they've closed most of the good channels recently...

Got a nice little mutation on a plant this round where a node shoots 4 leaves instead of 2, and some leaves sprout growing tips on their stems which seems to be an almost stabilized trait on this strain (HSO Mango Sapphire). Will snap a pic and show y'all what I'm talking about.

--------------------
Trade List

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MeanGreen] * 2
    #25239710 - 05/31/18 05:18 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Make this the Official Cannabis Growers Thread. Keep making quality posts, attract people and more will probably post about it. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: karode13] * 1
    #25240200 - 05/31/18 10:12 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Well. Let's just talk about our grows and help each other then
I'm a total noob but like I said I've been lurking ilovegrowingmarijuana.com and learned a ton. Some of the guides I read there I'm thinking man this guy is no scientist you can tell. The others are denser than a dank nug with all kinds of training tips, lst, fim, topping, splitting stem, lights out for a few days before harvest, eyeing the trichome colors and supposedly you can aim to harvest at more of a couch lock feeling or more of an active high. Hempy pots. Man I got like six experiments going on in my tent right now bc my knowledge far exceeds my experience.

I have two Bruce banners, 80% sativa dominant up to 29% thc and I may have the lights to get jt there. Very excited about both of them. Was worried about fox farms ocean forest being too hot bc everyone says it'll kill seedlings so when banner1 became yellow at day 12 I thought it was something else and it took me twenty four hours to finally feed her a light feeding and save her life.

She lost her first and second nodes they yellowed and decayed down to 1/8" of green and she stalled for two weeks. She's smaller than all the others now.

I have one other banner I tried fimming twice but apparently noneof them took?? The leaves grew in half chopped off but no additional nodes? And so it grew as single cola a few more nodes and I dimmed again to same issue? So I said fuck it and topped it down to third node +from ninth) and pruned everything except two fan leaves. She's going to be a mainline now.

If I had more time I would try a sprog with one of them, it's not a SOG or a SCROG bit a spiral of green u keep wrapping it around the pot in a spiral and all the sides become like 40 tops lol

And then! I have two blue haze's I'm experimenting on, plus two Skywalker og and two black widow, but the blue haze is getting tops I never gave her. Like... Her first node side shoots are tops now and they're as tall as her other tops gained from topping.

Can that happen from the initial topping f when the apilary bud dominance is interrupted by topping the plant and the auxins realign and the side shoots all swell? I knew that would happen but I didn't know it would make the side shoots tops without any lst or anything.

My first grow! I'm flipping lights in a few weeks.

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

#25240214 - 05/31/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

My babies through the peek screen.

Mary Lou is top left, she's been topped twice and nice and bushy. Born 4/4. She's my first MJ plant ever, sprouted from seed, instead of Mary Jane I named her Mary Lou after my late mother.

The others are in there, you can see the naked Bruce banner ans at the bottom left i have tomatoes bellpepper and jalapeno, my jalapeno just started flowering ftw

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #25240294 - 05/31/18 10:52 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Nice setup man, looks like they're off to a good start :thumbup:

Here are a couple of (bad) pics of the mutation I was talking about, after taking a better look I think I might have a polyploid on my hands, the stem is flat and stacked with nodes coming out at sort of random places.

Here you can see one node that pushed 4 leaves instead of 2:

Another one:

Notice the flatness of the stem and the arrangement of the nodes, leaves & branches:

What's weird is it's just this branch which is actually a lower one (2 nodes up the stem) that looks like that. I think I'm gonna take a few cuttings from that baby, I have a good feeling about it.

And my canopy so far, fairly even except for the taller one at the back & right which is a cross I did last round using colloidal silver to reverse a branch of Green Crack. It's Mango Sapphire x Green Crack.
The rest are Mango Sapphire, Bubba Kush, Black D.O.G, homemade selfed Master Kush & selfed Ewe-2.

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MeanGreen] * 1
    #25240569 - 05/31/18 01:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

did some pruning. Finally decided to quit veggie-ing

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MeanGreen] * 1
    #25240611 - 05/31/18 01:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MeanGreen said:
Here you can see one node that pushed 4 leaves instead of 2:

That is aewsome MG, you might have a real nice gem there.
I would take many clones.
It could very well be a polyploid mutation, very nice :thumbup:

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Mateo] * 1
    #25240781 - 05/31/18 02:59 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I don't really understand any of that lmao but I do see that it looks different.

And meangreen your canopy is mighty even considering there's no screen in there, nicely done!

Mmcc does your girl stay in indirect lighting all day are you the OP of the indirect lighting grow I saw a while back?

I'm going to be having some specific lst questions coming up soon if anyone regularly ties down or trains that way.

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

#25240809 - 05/31/18 03:12 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Humble Newcomer said:
I don't really understand any of that lmao but I do see that it looks different.

And meangreen your canopy is mighty even considering there's no screen in there, nicely done!

Mmcc does your girl stay in indirect lighting all day are you the OP of the indirect lighting grow I saw a while back?

I'm going to be having some specific lst questions coming up soon if anyone regularly ties down or trains that way.

meangreen does have an even canopy.
and that particular girl is under some lights. and yes i did start that thread. that indirect lighting grow on my balcony will start flowering soon. will update that thread.

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: mmcc] * 1
    #25240860 - 05/31/18 03:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Something in my gut told me that was you buddy. From what I've read and seen not many people worry about putting their girls in front of a window or light source while attending to her so seeing a Lady carefully placed in indirect light, I was pretty sure.

The more experienced I get the more curious I am about your results. From what I've read my determinate tomatoes need about 8hours of sunshine. Not too bad, they're a heavy eater tho. That's their thing.

Bellpepper needs 8-10, I've read peppers by nature are sun sluts.

But chili peppers apparently require 8-12 plus the warm soil, I was read an article that said they're basically the hungriest vegetable plant for sun.

But it's commonly accepted that you can grow indoor plants with minimal indirect light.

I'm very curious where that line is with MJ.

Unfortunately bc I'm remodeling my house ajd I'm not in a legal state, I've had to dismantle move and set up my grow tent I'ma few times from room to room as I hire a tape and float guy to help or now as I have a helper painting with me sometimes. It's very difficult.

Situations like this make me think, hmm I'm in veg still, it's summer months still so outside would not force flower, if I could just have these out somewhere half hidden it would make my life so much easier, in these situations who cares about a little stress or a little setback in veg time, once all this is over I can go back to lights for a week and then flip tbe lights.

Even if I did stress a lady out too much and she seeded from stress I've been reading those will all be female seeds too. That's how they make feminized seeds, a variety of ways of stressing the female to produce seeds.

Only seeds involving makes pollen create potential males

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25240916 - 05/31/18 04:09 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

These questions are to anyone in the thread...

....My seedlings are a week old since they sprouted. I've had them outdoors in the shade most of the day, occasionally some brief (15 to 30 minutes) direct sunlight during the early and later parts of the days. How soon can they be placed under direct sunlight all day? My plan is to just give me a little bit more direct sunlight every day, but I'm curious if there's a certain "rule of thumb" about when seedlings/young plants can be under full sun..?...(my climate is relatively hot & dry, temps around 85 to 100 over the next few weeks).

The size of the pot....My original plan was to go with 30 gallon fabric pots....It seems most folks start their plants indoors much earlier in the season so they're already a decent size plant by this time of the year when they bring them outside to grow. Since my plants are still just seedlings at this time of the season (I also plan on getting some clones within the next week or two), will their roots fill out a 30 gallon pot over the next few months or is 30 gallons a lot of volume for plants that are just now starting? (I know some folks use 50, 100, 200+ gallon size pots, but that's with plants that are usually started much earlier in the season, they're already a decent size plant with big roots when they're placed in those size pots)...Basically just wondering if a plant planted now will fill out and make use of it's 30 gallon pot, or should I go with 20 to 25 gallon and save a little $ on soil/etc...?

I live in northern cali, we have a really long and hot grow season....so the plants will have lots of energy and time to grow.

also...as suggested by Karode, this thread is is now the "Official Cannabis Growers Thread"  :stoned: .

-OM

--------------------

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

#25240978 - 05/31/18 04:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I’d start them now and mulch em. 25-30 gallons will grow a nice tree shrub

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: mmcc] * 1
    #25241001 - 05/31/18 04:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I'd try now.

I read in the forums a ton about being careful with seedlings and all this and that about extra nutrition different soil, humidity domes, I say most all that's bollocks.

I saw so many that ended up choking the seedlings to death or growing mold everywhere with humidity domes, people losing twelve seeds at once.

I started super gingerly but by my 8th one I just hucked them in my tent under full wattage lights at about a week old.

Learn the why's about all the little steps they say for seedlings and pay attention tk those vectors

Why humidity domes? Bc substrate amount in pots for seedlings is so small that it dries out so fast. I spray the sub of my seedling with a spray bottle once a day to replenish what was lost from tent heat.

I don't think direct light is an issue at all for seedlings, except the accelerated moisture loss from sub. Which is huge, i missed just one day and I came back to find two seedlings limped all the way over from dehydration. Watered. One came back one didn't :frown:

Wind is a huge concern.

From what I've read in forums yeah people start early, you want to transplant into ground at last frost, and to be transplanting in a plant of proper size and hardiness to survive (they say min two weeks or so, but you could do earlier with care or, you could put in a 4 month old beast you've been vegging in a five gallon under MH bulbs.

I don't know anything about outdoor pot sizes I'm envious of your legal status. But I would transplant as early as possible into as big as I could.

And I would water /feed the inner half only for a while then inner 3/4 then whole thing

That's what I do when I transfer from one gallon into five gallon

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate