Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole?
    #25237882 - 05/30/18 09:25 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

OK, a while back I made a poll to see how many people believed a father figure was a big deal when it came to raising a family.
Most people thought it mattered...a lot.

I mean, I guess it's pretty obvious that parents have a huge impact on their children.

But my question is: with how common single-parent families have become, what affect do you think it has on society??

Knibb High football rules
I don't know, what do you think? Is it...
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/30/18 06:19 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: shadyy]
    #25237889 - 05/30/18 09:28 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Be sure to leave a comment below, and click that like button if you haven't already.

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: shadyy]
    #25237897 - 05/30/18 09:31 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure a lot of single parents do a great job, and it's probably better than living with one good parent and one terrible parent. But it's probably ideal to have two good parents where possible.

Quote:

shadyy said:
click that like button if you haven't already.

You're not my mom, you can't tell me what to do.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: psi]
    #25238516 - 05/30/18 02:50 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

i hate hearing people complain about their dead beat dad or their 'new mom'
kids are ungrateful
my dad has this thing called a job I don't see him either
some of these kids that get free school live with their poor mom while their dad pisses away money left and right
then everyone else foots the bill for them because they're 'poor'
saving up for college means you're 'poor' now
not having parents to pay for your medical bills poor
why? because their moms are too lazy to get an abortion or they have a sudden about face 10 years into the relationship

it's a joke
parents should be forced to stick together until they're 18
they're a burden on the economy

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Loc: City Z
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: Konyap] * 2
    #25238533 - 05/30/18 02:58 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Relationships these days are disposable. Like a TV that doesn't work properly. Gets tossed and replaced rather than fixed.

With social media and dating apps, people like to think that they have so many more better options. Even though most of the time they drag their "shit" into every relationship and wonder why it can never work out.

--------------------
[center

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #25238636 - 05/30/18 03:39 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think having 1 or 2 parents is inherently better or worse, so I don't think it really impacts society much.

But inversely, society is heavily designed for dual parent families. So single parents have a much tougher job unless they come from wealthy families.

I'm sure plenty of single mothers/fathers do a much better job than full families. Grandparents also can have a big impact, even if they aren't directly involved with their grandkids they often provide financial support.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: musiclover420] * 3
    #25238704 - 05/30/18 04:15 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I relate to the grandparent aspect.  My dads parents helped raise me, especially early on.  My parents both worked and went to school full time when I was young.  I would not want to raise a human by myself, even if I was wealthy.  I think a touch of feminine and masculine is a healthy balance for kids growing up, I know it was for me.  Nothing against same sex couples, or single parents.  As long as you provide shelter and food, and make your love for your kids known to them you're doing a good job IMO.

OfflineBANANA.MAN
Turd Ferguson
Male
Loc: Ontario Canada
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: musiclover420]
    #25238877 - 05/30/18 06:07 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
I don't think having 1 or 2 parents is inherently better or worse, so I don't think it really impacts society much.

But inversely, society is heavily designed for dual parent families. So single parents have a much tougher job unless they come from wealthy families.

I'm sure plenty of single mothers/fathers do a much better job than full families. Grandparents also can have a big impact, even if they aren't directly involved with their grandkids they often provide financial support.

children from fatherless house holds are more likely to commit suicide, drop out of high school, be incarcerated and become teen mothers, i could go on.

https://thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com/statistics/

divorce and having babies out of wedlock are terrible for society.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #25238882 - 05/30/18 06:09 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

About half as much as a non single parent :shrug:

--------------------
Never knows best.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25238942 - 05/30/18 06:42 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

The lack of male parenting skills is creating issues in today's society. Most elementary school teachers are female. That's age 4 to age 10.

If you want to child to grow up as a good adult, the father figure should take over at 6 to 7 years old until the kid turns 11 or 12.

Mothers are there to bring infants into smart kids. Fathers are there to teach kids about life skills, self esteem and confidence when the are old children or teenagers.

After adolescence, the parents should only guide, not dictate.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: Patlal]
    #25238996 - 05/30/18 07:08 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I think it's bad. Very bad. I feel the psychological impact of watching ones parents divorce is huge, but we're culturally scared of truly delving into the psychological impact of such things.

I think it's getting worse, and I think what Johnie said is a big part of the problem that started back when television was first given to the masses.

Media is poison. It makes us think shit that is not OK is OK, and it makes us think that shit that is OK is not OK.

Basically, to some up, I think post-modern western society is a clusterfuck of the most epic proportions.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #25239032 - 05/30/18 07:21 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
I think it's bad. Very bad. I feel the psychological impact of watching ones parents divorce is huge, but we're culturally scared of truly delving into the psychological impact of such things.

I think it's getting worse, and I think what Johnie said is a big part of the problem that started back when television was first given to the masses.

Media is poison. It makes us think shit that is not OK is OK, and it makes us think that shit that is OK is not OK.

Basically, to some up, I think post-modern western society is a clusterfuck of the most epic proportions.

It's true divorce can be rough, but being raised by a couple in a toxic relationship is much worse.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: How do you feel single-parent families affect society as whole? [Re: musiclover420]
    #25239100 - 05/30/18 07:48 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

If the cultural brainwashing were not so strong, I very much doubt so many people would have children in toxic relationships.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies