Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLajirafa
Stranger

Loph problem
    #25233595 - 05/28/18 09:47 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

So my loph had this little spot where it looked like it got pecked/maybe from being dropped. It was a tiny puncture. I've had it about 2 weeks now and have kept it in an area that gets shade and sun and it hasn't dropped below 40. Today I checked on it and one area is very soft compared to the rest. It looked more pecked/disturbed today. It was kind of wet around the puncture. I am going to remove that portion of the plant. Do you think she can be saved? Wth could have happened? Have not watered the plant since acquiring which was about 2 weeks ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Loph problem [Re: Lajirafa]
    #25233611 - 05/28/18 09:53 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Birds? Man that sucks. Using ground cinnamon powder is great for fresh wounds tonhelp protect from fungal issues and even bugs to some degree. I pack all loph cuts and wounds (from surgeries and injuries) w cinnamon. I recently had my best loph lose a whole vertical stripe out of it! Likely from a really douchy catepillar. Can yours be saved? Man we just wont know until we see a picture and take in the full extent of the damage. If it has a little bit of time under its belt, it prob can be saved honestly. Its the diseased specimens that can be challenging to be saved. So its def tissue damage and not rott or fungal blight right?

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

OfflineLajirafa
Stranger

Re: Loph problem [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #25234003 - 05/28/18 12:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Doesn't look good. Skin readily came off in this section. Is that orange stuff normal?

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
    #25234035 - 05/28/18 12:41 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Im sorry to say but i think that one is done for.

But try save it, one never knows, there is allways a chance.
It needs to dry up.
Is that rot everywhere inside it?
If so only chance is to cut it and hope for the lower parts to be ok.
At least thats what i would do.

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

#25234050 - 05/28/18 12:44 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, that's no good. I'd cut a third, maybe even half of that cactus off. If it forms a healthy scab it should recover just fine, and put out new buttons.
I had something similar happen recently with a sunburn, and had to cut a large portion away. It should be okay if you act quickly, and give it some TLC over the next week or so...but that all depends on how deep that rot goes.

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Loph problem [Re: 1234go]
    #25234209 - 05/28/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah cut out all of the brown! Dont leave any behind. If it looks like it went to the root, its likely done for. The tip looks affected so thats nice dice. Perhaps your grafting skills are good and you could propagate a segment of it. Ive lost a feq to rot as well, always a hard pill to swallow. My condolensces on this circumstance. Good vibes w whatever you chose to do. :super:

--------------------

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25234699 - 05/28/18 06:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lajirafa said:

Doesn't look good. Skin readily came off in this section. Is that orange stuff normal?

What kind of soil did you grow it in. I grow mine in gravel once they are 1 cm. so they dry out in a day after a watering. Many people make a soil that's too rich and rot soon follows.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

OfflineLajirafa
Stranger

Re: Loph problem [Re: Crispy224]
    #25237077 - 05/29/18 08:36 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Well. It was worse than it appeared. The person I got it from had it in a very humid environment. Do you think it's removal to a new environment contributed? I only had it for 2 to 3 weeks max. Never watered as it seemed not to need it yet. What can I do to make sure this won't happen? I'm kind of blaming the seller, as I did not even water it yet. It must have had issues from the start. I'm terrified to own one again as I don't want to kill it.

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25237253 - 05/29/18 09:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

If it died the 3 weeks you had it and you never watered it more than likely it was already starting to rot When you bought it.  I know I'd have to water mine everyday for a month straight for them to rot like that. You can look at the taproot and see that plant was watered too much. A plant grown correctly will have a tap root larger than that and that. Have you contacted this seller?

--------------------

OfflineLajirafa
Stranger

#25237325 - 05/29/18 10:40 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

No...I haven't said anything. I got it from a source that runs a sucessful cacti nursery though. Mind is boggled.

Edited by Lajirafa (05/30/18 09:10 PM)

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25238701 - 05/30/18 04:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

If your going to say something now is the time. The longer you wait the more it's going to look like it was your fault, unless your just taking it as a loss. All I know is if I had a cactus for 3 weeks and I hadn't watered it and it died from rot cause by overwatering I would be pissed.

--------------------

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

#25238806 - 05/30/18 05:22 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Crispy224 said:
If your going to say something now is the time. The longer you wait the more it's going to look like it was your fault, unless your just taking it as a loss. All I know is if I had a cactus for 3 weeks and I hadn't watered it and it died from rot cause by overwatering I would be pissed.

Ditto. Esp a nice sized loph.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale