Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Agar, Beef Jerky, Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAcheron
Stranger
Mold contamination after harvest
    #25237644 - 05/30/18 08:15 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Hi!
I just harvested some psylocibe cubensis from my grow kit about 5 days ago, I fan dried them over night (although I couldn't get them crisp dry) and then put them in a plastic slip in a drawer. When I went to check them today I noticed that they were covered in white fuzz, which is wierd since they weren't like this when I check on them 1 day after harvesting.

I read about on the forums and I figured it could just be mycelium growing on the shrooms but I thought I'd better ask, just to make sure it's not some mold contamination, which would be unlikely given the cool and dry environment they were kept in.
Any feedback would be much appreciated. :smile:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNarkedAt90ft
Deep in the Blue Abyss
 User Gallery

Loc: Marianas Trench
Re: Mold contamination after harvest [Re: Acheron]
    #25237664 - 05/30/18 08:35 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I don't have an answer for you, however, I will say a cheap food dehydrator is a great investment for the food possibilities alone - jerky, fruit leather, fresh dried herbs for the winter, chillies, dried fruit like banana chip that actually taste good - plus for the cubes it allows you to be on point with dosage and preserves them.

That may just be mycelium right now but storing food items that are not bone dry or preserved another way is welcoming stuff to grow on it in the future, like our spores that like to germinate on grains or agar, it's just a matter of time.

--------------------
ni·tro·gen nar·co·sis noun - a drowsy state induced by breathing air under higher than atmospheric pressure, for example, in deep-sea diving. Also known as Rapture of The Deep.

Let's Trade!

Offlinepsilocybinist1981
Loner
Female User Gallery

Re: Mold contamination after harvest [Re: NarkedAt90ft]
    #25238105 - 05/30/18 01:18 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

you can dry them in the oven on a low setting, the heat doesn't make a noticeable loss to strengh , i have accidentally left them in the oven over night and they turn yellow but still got us high as shit

--------------------

Invisibleamy1193
MushyTushy

Loc: Bikini Bottom
Re: Mold contamination after harvest [Re: psilocybinist1981]
    #25238267 - 05/30/18 02:35 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Dry them properly, bacteria/mold will get to them. You dont want a bag of smelly rotten shrooms that spent all your hard work on! Invest in a a $30 dehydrator, cheap and worth it.

The bag on the right looks real dark, where they like that before?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Agar, Beef Jerky, Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation