Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Talking to the Self
    #2523448 - 04/04/04 01:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ever notice how you see yourself talking to yourself. Plotting in the mind, what your going to do.

Thinking about what your thinking about. Ending up in a conversation in your head, about what you think is possibly occuring. But all the while your just escpaping from yourself or not.

Like when you talk to someone, but you dont really talk you just play a message, of what you think you should say. This happens when im stoned... i cant remember if it happens when im awake... but i have a good idea :wink:. Because i can chart that.

Even now im doing it, going over the same thoughts in my head. Im not gonna post this. Because i like to run away from my problems. BEcause i cant face the fact of still running away from my problems. So i just fool my self into moving around the situation.

your brain is stuck on repeat, repeat cycle. Repeat.

Repeat

--------------------
What?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Talking to the Self [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2523723 - 04/04/04 05:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What I learned to do is write down the problems and then dismiss the problems from my mind. Then, each day thereafter, do one thing towards working on the problem.

I like to run away from my problems, too. However, the problems never go away. So then, I confront them, even if I can't do anything about them.

I don't know or remember what this is called, but you can take the power away from the problems that are presented to you in life by paying extra attention to them. Does anyone know what this is?

Anyways, problems usually present conflict, and everyone likes to run from conflict. However, if you boldly confront your problems and immerse yourself in them, in a creative manner, you can diminish their effect on you. They become less important, and less of a brain drain.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Talking to the Self [Re: Frog]
    #2523895 - 04/04/04 07:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed Froggy, I agree with that.. I'm a hardcore procrastinator sometimes. I can be in a rutt for weeks at a time, where I don't DO anything productive. And it makes me feel like crap.. because I have all this free time to sit here and think about what I'm not doing. It's kind of ironic, really.

Then, on the other hand, occasionally I can buckle down and just be like "Okay, getting this DONE." And then I will go and do it. And then after, I can sit around spending my free time thinking about what I DID do, happy that I was able to overcome such a heavy load of procrastinacious behavioral patterning. (I think I made up atleast one of those last 3 words. :smile: )

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Talking to the Self [Re: Frog]
    #2524489 - 04/04/04 03:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, and in a lot of ways thats what i meant. Its like you "confront" but for me i end up in an argument about whats going on. I think in a lot of ways this is what causes my anxiety.

Ive realized there are almost too many problems that i think about that I alone could not really do anything about. I think its important though to remember,.

I forget sometimes that i should just face them, and have the end of it. But i think i get discouraged at the onset of looking at them. thanks!

--------------------
What?

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2525051 - 04/04/04 06:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

When I'd dose big on LSD or shrooms, my ego would sometimes split. I'd have another "me" or "committee" of me inside my head debating all choices. But this only occurred during high doses. I've never experienced complete destruction of my ego.

I think that perhaps your ego does a mild split while high? Herb is a psychedelic, and if there are any subtle mental health concerns (such as anxiety) the behavior and symptoms are magnified.

It's one thing to be aware of your thoughts. Excellent practitioners of meditation learn to separate themselves from their mind. However, if it is an actual conversation happening in your mind...I think that's a concern. You end up in arguments about problems? Is the argument happening in your head (like a struggle of pros and cons)?

Am I misinterpreting your post?

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Talking to the Self [Re: Viaggio]
    #2525316 - 04/04/04 07:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Its like im sitting away... looking at my problems. Often times i come into conflict with myself abotu what is what... its like their is no foundation... so i sit their looking at all these different angles with different pro's and con's... different situations... just sitting in my mind. Its not some other person... its just like a completely fractured sense of self. While only one voice... my narration running into confusion with all the different parts.

--------------------
What?

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2525385 - 04/04/04 08:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You could always try and quiten the mind through meditation it can help sort out all kinds of things, well it does for me.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology