Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: AstralAurora]
    #25234195 - 05/28/18 01:43 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AstralAurora said:
Quote:

Envix said:
if you wanna keep doing nicotine then i suggest switching to vaping right now before you grow too accustomed to cigs and they start destroying your body. i still crave cigs every now n then but the vape keeps me in check and i don't constantly feel like i'm about to die when i walk up some stairs anymore

How much time does it take to start feeling the effects on your lungs and breathing?

it starts getting bad around 3 years.. after 5 years it starts getting really reallllly bad

but at that point it's already a long term commitment and it doesn't matter how crappy it makes you feel because it'll just make you want to smoke more because of how crappy you feel

it becomes both the cause, and the cure for physical/mental/emotional stress. it has an affect on every aspect of your life

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: AstralAurora] * 2
    #25234198 - 05/28/18 01:44 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

U should update this thread in 5-10 years.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #25234203 - 05/28/18 01:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

At least smoke American Spirit or a similar brand, if you absolutely insist. :justdontknow:

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Loc: City Z
Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25234204 - 05/28/18 01:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

this reminds of the heroin threads. "i'm just trying it out, I won't get addicted, lol"
1 year later "my life got fucked up on opiates"

--------------------
[center

InvisibleEternal Quest
Heyoka
 User Gallery

Loc: My head Flag
Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: theRealrollforever] * 1
    #25234207 - 05/28/18 01:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

A while ago I was getting into the habit of having a cigarette every time I was out drinking with friends.
Never ever smoked in my life prior to that, hated the smell and all the 'social' thing linked to that habit.
But, then, when the odd cig was becoming usual after the third cocktail, I realised that also the smell was starting to get kind of appealing to me and I was enjoying the excuse to get out of the club and share that moment with fellow smokers.
Suddenly I realised how strongly I was gripped by that bloody thing, how quickly, and I decided to put a stop to that there and then.

Just a side note: I also have a very addictive personality, so.. :crazy:

--------------------
"Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible."

OfflineAlpineswift
Strangler

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #25234208 - 05/28/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I’ve got a smokers cough 2 months after quitting

Don’t start

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #25234213 - 05/28/18 01:48 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AstralAurora said:
You can't just pull up a joint and smoke it on the street

Is that a challenge? :lol:

My experience is that weed is cheaper now than ever before, especially taking into account how strong it is vs what I used to get in the 90s. Tricky to keep it in moderation and not just get a huge tolerance though. But other than that I could get high every day for like $2 a day.

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#25234216 - 05/28/18 01:48 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

vaping does not make me feel shitty at all btw. i feel 100x better since quitting cigs and switching to vape completely

also...

Quote:

AstralAurora said:
I forgot to mention that I am pretty good at doing tricks with the smoke.It is really fun.

you can't do this with a cig

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: Envix]
    #25234223 - 05/28/18 01:53 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

When you worry about something bad that will happen you punish yourself twice. Do what you want to do you aren't a tree or a boulder

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: Envix]
    #25234224 - 05/28/18 01:54 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineBumbaa
Lol You Can Change this

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #25234275 - 05/28/18 02:23 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I smoked for about 3 years. When I started my friend told me to watch out or I'll become addicted within a month, I told him that I bet I won't.

I did, oh, I did. Do I regret it? Nah, not at all. I had a great time smoking those smokes, going out and socializing was made much easier with a cigarette (At least for me). After a big meal a nice smoke outside in the sun.

Long ride in the car? Np, a rig while listening to dope ass music. Bored? Np, a cigarette in my back pocket. Tripping? Cigarette! Drinking with friends? A beautiful cigarette to go get some fresh air and change the vibe for a few minutes.  First thing in the morning? Cigarette, the sweet sweet head rush. Blazed out of mind? Cigarette  would burn my lung back to life (Stupid).

I honestly enjoyed it. I really did, till a point. A point where I realized I wasn't enjoying them anymore and that I started feeling sick. I decided it was time to quit for the better good, it was hard at first. It took me 3 tries to quit it, the physical withdrawals are the easy part. It is the mental addiction, the ticks that make you want to smoke. The habits you created and linked while smoking that are hard to break. I quit it has been 3 years and I would be lying if I said I did not touch an other cigarette. I did but I did not feel the urge to buy a pack again. 

But I honestly try to stay away from them, they aren't good for me anymore and they make me feel and look sick. I like my fresh air in my lung, being able to smell accordingly. I do not want anymore smoke in my lungs, either be it from the ganja, tobacco, seesha, vaping. Nothing, no more smoke in my lungs.

In conclusion, enjoy it mang. Enjoy it while you can and always keep in your mind that this isn't permanent and that you plan on quitting. You said that you just want to do it for a week, then hold it to that promise but honestly it will probably be longing judging by your reaction to cigarette.

A lot of people stop smoking by just going to vaping. I do not disagree that it makes your lung feel clearer but this is generally new and we still don't know the effects of vaping yet. In the end you never really managed to quit your addiction, you just shifted it to a substance of ingestion that is much easier for you and give you the appearance of being healthier.

When you quit, don't start vaping or replace your current addiction with an other one.

Cheers,
Bumbaa

--------------------
Why so much hate mate?

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: Bumbaa]
    #25234342 - 05/28/18 02:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

If you like tricks and nicotine but dont want to quit then I suggest vaping. If you build your own coils and drip its pretty damn cheap :thumbup:

--------------------
If I wasn't spirit_shadow I'd want to be spirit_shadow.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25234501 - 05/28/18 04:29 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't see myself ever quitting nicotine before a few days ago, and its being a bitch to quit to say the least, and ive only been using it a few years!

After some quick math I discovered ive actually been dipping 4 years, not 5. I got started while trying to cut weight for highschool wrestling.

why even start?

OfflineAstralAurora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere
Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #25234533 - 05/28/18 04:44 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Are you asking me why I started or just saying it retoricaly?

--------------------
Cool pictures/art

God is love.God is truth.God is wisdom.God is good.God is Justice.All is God

Offlinexbloodwhipx

#25234535 - 05/28/18 04:47 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

More of a rhetoric question, you already said why you started. I would stop while its easy.

I mean its no heroin but it does seem to be a pain in the ass to stop using.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: AstralAurora] * 2
    #25234557 - 05/28/18 04:59 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hey bud if that's the kinda smoke you want I suggest a pipe. It's cheaper and more pleasurable after you get used to it. It'll also be alot harder to make it into an all the time thing so instead of "I'm stressed at work so I'll chill with a smoke" it'll more likely remain a wind down before the end of the night thing.

Smoking in society never became a big thing until the invention of matches. The more convenient it is the more likely you are to use it more and more often.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineAstralAurora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere
Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #25234580 - 05/28/18 05:12 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Jeez guys.I really need to stop this now and I am seriously thinking about it not just talking left and right.I have 2 cigs left in the box but I think will throw it just away...Thank you for all the nice and helpful answers <3

--------------------
Cool pictures/art

God is love.God is truth.God is wisdom.God is good.God is Justice.All is God

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

#25234590 - 05/28/18 05:17 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

yus throw them away. if you want to be 100% honest you just think theyre "cool" and are romanticizing them. they really don't feel like much only until youre addicted and actually NEED them then you actually feel a cigarette.

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: mmcc]
    #25234859 - 05/28/18 07:36 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

try smoking a cig during the middle of an intense psychedelic trip.. you will literally feel the contradictory nature of the whole thing...

it's like if you were a fish living in a fish bowl and said to yourself "hmmm... y'know what? i think i wanna pour a few drops of bleach into this here bowl"

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Started smoking cigarettes and i don't know how to feel [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #25234964 - 05/28/18 08:39 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Hey bud if that's the kinda smoke you want I suggest a pipe. It's cheaper and more pleasurable after you get used to it. It'll also be alot harder to make it into an all the time thing so instead of "I'm stressed at work so I'll chill with a smoke" it'll more likely remain a wind down before the end of the night thing.

Yeah pipe tobacco at least tastes good. Every cigarette I've tried has been acrid tasting garbage.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder