Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery
Loc: TX
Re: Historical Absinthe recipies: I maded a chart... [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #25717761 - 01/01/19 11:32 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Does absinthe produce effects different than other spirits for those of you that have drank the real deal saturated with a lot of plants. I’ve read many conflicting reports/experiences.
I’m looking forward to making some and trying it. All the molecules in the plants that are extracted into the alcohol must have some sort of effect. Especially the absinthe that has more than trivial amounts of botanicals.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Historical Absinthe recipies: I maded a chart... [Re: pinedownpioneer]
    #25717766 - 01/01/19 11:42 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

No more than the difference in the buzz between tequila and whiskey, or whatever. I think it's a slightly more mellow buzz.  Maybe comparable to drinking a really hoppy beer.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineDesolus
All Mighty Incubus
Male

Re: Historical Absinthe recipies: I maded a chart... [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #25718219 - 01/02/19 08:20 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

It's certainly different, provided you have good Absinthe. It's a far less potent version than vaping a wormwood extract; but the same high none the less. See the erowid articles/bioessays on thujone.

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery
Loc: TX
Re: Historical Absinthe recipies: I maded a chart... [Re: Desolus]
    #25720032 - 01/02/19 10:47 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I would like to grow the required plants. I like gardening. Might have to buy some seeds and sow them this spring. If they don’t do well I’ll try again in the fall for a winter garden. Any recommendations on which species and varieties? I have a few books coming in that might be of use

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #25720187 - 01/03/19 01:54 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Fuken cats REKT my hysop!  :crankey:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

#25751816 - 01/18/19 04:11 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

You don't want to run it with plates except for making your base. You need to run it in "pot mode" for your botanical run.

Many of the necessary ingredients will not grow well in your region especially the right wormwood.

Master making vodka, rum, bourbon/whiskey before tackling absinthe.

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

OfflineDesolus
All Mighty Incubus
Male

Re: Historical Absinthe recipies: I maded a chart... [Re: naum]
    #25751963 - 01/18/19 04:59 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

That is not true, Artemisia absinthium can be grown in Texas.

And why can't he start with absinthe? If he fails trying it he will probably also fail with the others, and there is a greater potential to learn attempting to make absinthe.

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

Re: Historical Absinthe recipies: I maded a chart... [Re: Desolus]
    #25752509 - 01/18/19 09:34 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

It doesn't grow well where the poster lives.

The other suggestions are focused on making a spirit which forms the base of absinthe. Not much point in having a big still if you just want to start with purchased base and work with the botanicals. It's much trickier to make good/passable gin, absinthe, arak than it is to make passable rum.

I'm imploring OP to start with the basics and work up.

A mushroom cultivation analogy would be to tell someone to do oysters or cubes first before trying to tackle P. semperviva.

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck