Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery
Loc: Murder Mitten Flag
is it safe to open a mycobag for g2g?
    #2523110 - 04/03/04 11:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

okay AFOAF has a shotglass full of colonized mycelium. he was wondering if it would be a good idea to take a rubbermaid with holes for gloves and some saran wrap for a lid and wipe the inside off with a 10% bleach solution, then spray it all with 99% isopropyl alcohol. he would then cut a hole in the top of a mycobag and drop in the colonized mycelium and somehow seal this hole (superglue?). are his chances of success good or would this be prone to contamination? also if he did do this, should he in any way clean off the chunk of mycelium before putting it in the bag, maybe using 3% H202? thanks :stoned:

Think for Yourself. Question Authority.

-Timothy Leary

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: is it safe to open a mycobag for g2g? [Re: distortion]
    #2523284 - 04/04/04 12:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This is what i did when i did some g2g...but i wouldn't advice you to do the same. Sprayed a bedroom with 91% ISO alcohol...let dry, then sprayed lysol everywhere. Put a tub in the middle of the room, took a clean towl and put on top and did all my work with 12 jars there in the open bedroom air.

How many contams?

I acually had the master jar contam because i just stuck some unsteralized bird seed in there to see if any problems would arrise. Black mold did but that wasn't even apart of everything else. All the jars i transfered grain too did not contaminate.

Now im pretty sure im extreamly luckly... or that the fact that my home is somewhat new and the bedroom was not that dirty in the first place could have been the reason i had good success.

The way your going to do it will work perfect. For me thats going overboard, but im lazy like that. :wink:

Have fun :smile:

Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation