Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThorasta
Stranger

Where's the fruit?
    #25230594 - 05/26/18 08:26 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Nobody seemed to have noticed my post on this three days ago in another thread so I'm making it its own thread.  Hoping Bod sees this since I'm using his (or her) methods.

Pictured:  Jars 2, 4, and 5.

10 days ago I decided to take 5 of my consolidated half pints and put them in to fruiting conditions.  The remaining 11 are done with consolidation by now, in a box with no(or very little) light.  With the 5 I introduced to fruiting conditions, this meant:

-I popped them out of their half pint jars and used the hose to wash off any loose vermiculite.
-I put them back in to their jars, put a layer of verm on top of them, and used a spray bottle to water them - probably too much.
- I put them in to a sunny window.  Temps have been 65-80 around here during the day lately - the room they were in was kept between 70-82ish.

Jar 1-3 were from my first batch.
Jar 4 was from my second batch.
Jar 5 was from my third batch.

Day 8 after introducing to fruiting conditions - I noticed my first pin in jar 2 (growing against the glass - useless).  I also noticed black mold in Jar 3.
Day 9 - I put jar 3 in to the garbage (outdoor garbage).
Day 10 - Jar 1 has gray mold showing.  I put Jar 1 outside but haven't thrown it out yet.

Today is Day 10.  Jar 2 still has the only pin I can see.  I'll probably throw jar 1 out before I go to bed tonight. 

I wasn't expecting mold until the second flush or so.  Is the only thing I've done wrong is over water when I birthed the first five?

Is there anything I ought to do differently when I birth the remaining 11 half pint jars?  I'm already going to water them less.  I plan to aim about two squirts of water in the center of the verm daily - more if the ziplock bag hats are showing no condensation.

Update:  It is now day 13.  No changes, except the third jar from batch one might be infected (which could indicate all of batch 1 is going to go bad).

Why aren't I seeing fruit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where's the fruit? [Re: Thorasta]
    #25230696 - 05/26/18 09:21 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you've got a lot of contamination problems. Are you able to post a picture of the sides of the jars. Preferably any questionable spots.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where's the fruit? [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25230740 - 05/26/18 09:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:whathesaid:
somethings up with your contamination rate

OfflineThorasta
Stranger

Re: Where's the fruit? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25230963 - 05/27/18 01:42 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
:whathesaid:
somethings up with your contamination rate

Definitely on batch 1 it would seem.  Haven't seen any contam on batch 2 or 3 yet.

If this holds true - moral of the story is don't release pressure and then restart pressure cook.  (it made the cakes shrink).  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll post photos tomorrow or the day after when I can take them in daylight.

Edited by Thorasta (05/27/18 01:45 AM)

OfflineThorasta
Stranger

Re: Where's the fruit? [Re: Thorasta]
    #25268710 - 06/14/18 08:09 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Update.  Pretty much all 5 of the jars I put in fruiting conditions went bad before I got fruit - I got ONE cute little mushroom.

BUT.  Meanwhile, the 11 other jars were in the dark just chilling out for an extra month and I put four of them in to fruiting conditions.  ONE WEEK LATER they look like this!

There are three things different from the earlier ones that failed (they are from the same original batches, so it wasn't a contamination issue)
1.  I did not cover them with verm.
2.  The moment they showed signs of pins, I put them in bigger jars.  No more smooshed pins growing into the sides of jars.
3.  They had an extra month to consolidate.

Really excited.

I ate the one mushroom I got earlier.  Got a little bit of a body high (which I don't really like) but no trip or brighter colors.  I guess I need more!

Curious in case anyone knows:  How long will my remaining 5 jars keep in the dark without putting them in to fruiting conditions?

Edited by Thorasta (06/14/18 08:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix