Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesuperjdf
Cultivator
 User Gallery

Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising?
    #25229302 - 05/26/18 05:37 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Inoculated three jars with modified bird seed with added horse poo! One jar was colonized but had just a little green unknown I’m guessing contam In it but was not spreading so I figured it was ok. I then transferred jar to small tub with purchased horse poo from outgrow which I figured would work well for a main substrate for p. Cyan but it seems the emerald green contam has spread to a lot of the healthy mycelium? Can anyone Id this stuff is it possible that it’s just bruising this color and will be fine or is their anyway to save this tub? I placed the tub outside in hopes that the fresh air and heat will stop the contam once I Id it maybe I can figure out how to stop it. Whatever it is it must of come from syringe not my grow room as I have a super clean environment with air purifiers and many other species going that are all fine and thriving!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuff4200
Natural born lever puller

Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? [Re: superjdf]
    #25229367 - 05/26/18 06:46 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

This is not advanced mycology....this is like getting started.

Either way you expanded to grains to bulk after you identified a contam. Now that contam spread faster than the mushroom mycellium.

Long story short your growing mold and will never harvest anything off that most likely. Never fuck with any grains you see a contam in.

Offlinesuperjdf
Cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? [Re: puff4200]
    #25229378 - 05/26/18 06:56 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Their is still a good chance it is still just bruising as it is only on some but I do see some metabolites on some of the mycelium leading me to believe it is a contam so I add some gypsum to balance ph and increased air flow as well as added a small amount of bleach to my water and have I given it a good soaking! Now the plan is to wait and let the substrate dry back out and see if that will give it a fighting chance! I’m always looking for ways to battle contams just in case as this is the third pan cyan Hawaii strain I’ve recieved that I believe was contamed from the get go.

--------------------

Invisiblepuff4200

Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? [Re: superjdf]
    #25229393 - 05/26/18 07:08 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Increasing airflow is just going to blow all those spores around. That green is fuzzy even in the pic meaning its producing spores. Battling the one spot of green won't do anything since some of the white is also the contam (green part is the spore producing part)

I wouldn't risk future grows on one tub or want to eat bleach laden mushrooms.

Also how is your bleach mixture you're soaking the whole substrate in going to differentiate between mushroom mycellium and contam. Sounds like a bad idea.

Most spores are contaminated thats why we work them out on agar first. Sounds like you should do some more reading.

Edited by puff4200 (05/26/18 07:14 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: superjdf]
    #25229508 - 05/26/18 08:22 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Advanced Mycology.

Reason:
Not advanced

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25229513 - 05/26/18 08:24 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Fruit it outside.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25229514 - 05/26/18 08:24 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Mold toss..or what tiger said:hatsoff:

Offlinesuperjdf
Cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25230015 - 05/26/18 02:13 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I soaked in one percent bleach solution with gypsum to balance ph and added more gypsum to substrate and moved outside of course to prevent other contam spreading! I do not believe it is trich as no white fluff developed and is emerald green not sporulating or spreading.
Will try leaving outside as it’s 86 over 66 dew point so it’s humid and ideal conditions anyway. I am just experimenting with ways to save this for something to do I guess!
Only agar I have left is potato dextrose but I have horse poo everywhere and one petre dish left.
Not sure if potato dextrose will work? Unless I mix in horse poo somehow.
I’m using my own wbs tek that seems to work great for cubensis but the pan cyan just isn’t behaving like I think it should so I’m going to try soaking wbs in more horse poo more gypsum solution use less coffee as I think that may be an issue with why it’s getting contamed so easy?

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: superjdf]
    #25230036 - 05/26/18 02:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's aspergillus mold

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: mushboy]
    #25230296 - 05/26/18 05:08 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

oh damn i missed this..

Quote:

...may be an issue with why it’s getting contamed so easy

Quote:

One jar was colonized but had just a little green unknown I’m guessing contam In it but was not spreading so I figured it was ok.

it contaminated so easily because you spawned contaminated grains. contamination is caused by contamination. not youre gypsum/coffee levels.

agar.

Offlinesuperjdf
Cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: mushboy]
    #25230381 - 05/26/18 05:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Next syringe I get or take a little from another jar I have going throw it on agar! Then wedge it out into jar of wbs just to be safe. Will it work with potato dextrose?

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25230385 - 05/26/18 05:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

of course! pda kicks ass:thumbup: although i find brf agar to be so stupid simple that i cant resist using it all the time.

Offlinesuperjdf
Cultivator
 User Gallery

#25230429 - 05/26/18 06:31 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Cool just really disappointed in a didn't read the rules.com pan cyan syringes coming contamed it’s their Hawaii strain but I want to conquer it due to the fact that was the first mushy I ever ate when I lived on the big island but may have to just start with pan jam.

--------------------

Edited by bodhisatta (05/28/18 08:19 AM)

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25230443 - 05/26/18 06:38 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

panaelous mushrooms lack a veil, so the gills are always exposed to open air. dirtier than cubes which are protected for a bit.

rules:facepalm: vendor names

Offlinesuperjdf
Cultivator
 User Gallery

#25233385 - 05/28/18 07:50 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ok two days and I cultured the pan cyan mycelium and first day clean mycelium growth until this morning when I checked Petri dish and got the images below it’s obviously contamed with what looks like two different contams I only have the one dish right now!
What would you guys do if you had to try and save it?

--------------------

Invisiblejbaby007
Badass
I'm a teapot

#25233399 - 05/28/18 08:02 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'd throw that away, make new dishes and start over from spores. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblepuff4200

Re: Panaelous Cyanescens emerald green contam or bruising? (moved) [Re: jbaby007]
    #25233954 - 05/28/18 12:08 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:whathesaid:spore plates come out cleaner than that, Id restart.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures