Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
crazy meditation experience
    #2522818 - 04/03/04 09:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i was in between jobs when i decided to go for a run and afterwards i came home and meditated. About 8 minutes into it something crazy happened. Well i was in my bed calmy transcending when i was overwhelmed by i presence which was completely overwhelming. my eyeballs started twitching rapidly and moving by themselves, my heart started racing and i was gasping for breath, my whole body felt swollen and heavy like it was expanding and being held down by a weight at the same time. I just went along and tried to be one with it, and it went away about 2 minutes later. My heart soon slowed down and i was back to where i was before it, it "left" me whatever it was. It wasn't necessarily good or bad, just very trippy! Not the best feeling in the world either. I've had similar experiences on other occasions not necessarily meditating, but this was the most uncomfortable and strange. Anways i thought id share, and see if anyone has had similar experiences.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: Jenny]
    #2523006 - 04/03/04 10:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

my gf tells me how her grandma always told about how meditating opens your mind for demons to come in.

I guess if your a dark person but i consider meditating is thinking of everything that makes me happy and lets me remove all negative thought

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

OfflineSubliminal
SpiritualToddler

Loc: KY
    #2523198 - 04/03/04 11:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like you may have been getting ready to have an out of body experience. That kind of freaky stuff has been happening to me lately... Sounds like you took it better than I did :smile: It scared the crap out of me

--------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: Subliminal]
    #2523205 - 04/03/04 11:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

heh, that thought occured to me! I thought that right away after, but i'm still not sure i think it was more likely something since it occurred so suddenly and strangely. what makes you think it mightve been out of body?

--------------------

It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2527084 - 04/05/04 12:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

that's fascinating!  when you said "it" did it feel seperate from you or was it more of something a part of you already that you might have "let go"  it's all speculation really :wink:

do you ever try meditating without sitting down.  like you know...meditate even while you are working.  what do you feel constitutes meditation? 

the eyball thing moveing uncontrollably would have scared the shit out of me too.  :shocked:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: kaiowas]
    #2528634 - 04/05/04 07:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Meditation certainly does open your awareness.

Its almost like your mind is a computer. Meditation is the screwdriver that opens the case, and allows you to see the internal design mechanism of the Computer.

Certainly, meditation can open you to beings, because for one, you quiet your mind down. For two, your are paying attention to your internal world, and not being stimulated from the outside world.

Meditation can open you up to inner demons, outer demons, inner angels, and outer angels. Yes, it can.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2529821 - 04/06/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The reason it sounds like you were about to have an out of body experience, is that before you exit your body when you use certain techniques, you feel really really strong vibrations. They can feel like something other is controlling you, or you just aren't in control of yourself. My best guess is that you were about to have an OBE...meditation can sometimes lead to OBE's. Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2530026 - 04/06/04 02:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everyone thanks for the insight!
I see my spiritual guide in 2 days and can't wait to hear what he has to say. Peas & carrots

--------------------

Anonymous

#2530905 - 04/06/04 11:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I thought you were gonna say you queefed again  :lol: ..

There's four possibilities that I can think of that might explain your situation..

1. You could have been experiences the first stages of an OBE.
2. You say it was a presence.. it could have been just that. Maybe something in another state of existence trying to reach out to you?
3. You could have somehow had some kind of bodily reaction to your state of mind..kind of like how someone can have a kundalini release during meditation.
4. Or you could have experienced what Swami would say, your mind was playing tricks on you.

Whatever it was though, it was something and that just goes to show that meditation does have an effect.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2531020 - 04/06/04 11:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure what you felt, but the basis of meditation is clarity, focus and calmness, not exotic experiences.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: Swami]
    #2531052 - 04/06/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

> Not sure what you felt, but the basis of meditation is clarity, focus and calmness, not exotic experiences.

I have had some very odd experiences while meditating over the years.  I usually attribute them to my mind refusing clarity, focus, and calmness.  Similiar experiences have been reported by people in sensory deprivation tanks.  Without any sensory input, the mind starts to make things up on it's own.  Meditation is a form of sensory deprivation where sensory input is ignored.

My worst experience was a bout with apnea while meditating.  I would stop breathing for several minutes, without realizing it.  These would end with me realizing that I wasn't breathing and snapping back to reality with a gasp for air.  At first I thought the not breathing was just my imagination... but when sitting with others, I was informed that I would in fact stop breathing for several minutes.  Hmmm... perhaps that explains a few things...  :nut:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: Seuss]
    #2537791 - 04/08/04 02:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know swami, it seems you are generalizing meditation.

Zen Meditation seems more of what you are speaking of, but there are literally thousands if not thousands upon thousands of different meditations, with different intent put into them.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2537812 - 04/08/04 02:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Uh yeah, hard to cover 6 billion people's possible experience and intent in two lines - hence generalization. Perhaps you can explain better WITHOUT GENERALIZING. Ready, begin!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: crazy meditation experience [Re: Swami]
    #2537847 - 04/08/04 02:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ahh, well i am using a specific mantra for a specific purpose, and my spiritual guide cleared up my experience for me. He didn't give me details but said thats a common experience and "junk" is being cleared out of my system.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology