Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

Loc: New Mexico
German Cockroach Questions.
    #25223202 - 05/23/18 01:41 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hi there everybody.

So https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_cockroach

How many of you have experience with this pest in your environments?

My apartment complex has an extreme problem with them. My apartment is definitely on the lower scale of the infestation compared to other's I have seen here, but still a problem nonetheless.

I'd like to start growing tubs in the future and am worried about them getting into my fruits.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: German Cockroach Questions. [Re: Camtaro420]
    #25223231 - 05/23/18 01:55 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Damn dude, those things really suck. I would worry about it to. They like moisture so if they find your tubs I bet they'd hang out.

Off the top of my head I'd try using monotubs. The polyfill stuffed holes might stop them from getting in unlike a flipped lid or dub tub with those big ole cracks.

Something else you could try is put your tub on a table, and the legs of the table surrounded by Diatematious(sp?) earth, or soapy water, something to stop them climbing up the table legs.

OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

Re: German Cockroach Questions. [Re: LtLurker]
    #25223235 - 05/23/18 01:58 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Ah yes the old moat trick. No these fucker's are so smart they climb up to the ceiling and drop down from it to surfaces sometimes.

I definitely made peace with the fact I can't use the set it and forget it flipped lid tubs. So polyfill holes are going to be my safest bet I agree.

--------------------

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25223251 - 05/23/18 02:06 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Those clever little bastards. I hope you find a good way to deal with it. Everytime I've run into a german roach infestation, we couldn't get rid of it. They just seemed to hide in another apartment and come back. Really frustrating.

OfflineDr. Freeman
An agent of Order
Male

Loc: Midgard
Re: German Cockroach Questions. [Re: LtLurker]
    #25223274 - 05/23/18 02:15 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
Damn dude, those things really suck. I would worry about it to. They like moisture so if they find your tubs I bet they'd hang out.

Off the top of my head I'd try using monotubs. The polyfill stuffed holes might stop them from getting in unlike a flipped lid or dub tub with those big ole cracks.

Something else you could try is put your tub on a table, and the legs of the table surrounded by Diatematious(sp?) earth, or soapy water, something to stop them climbing up the table legs.

Nice idea. Would work for other pests.
Those little fuckers can climb walls as mentioned before and if things weren't bad enough, they have wings.
I rarely see em using their wings, but they sure work.

I remember chilling on my balcony on the second flour when I see something flying up from ground level and landed right next to my shoulder.
It was a huge German Cockroach.

My advice not only for the sake of your but your, is to get rid of the pest on your home and ask your neighbors to do the same.

Google: boric acid to kill roaches

OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

Re: German Cockroach Questions. [Re: Dr. Freeman]
    #25223289 - 05/23/18 02:22 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Freeman said:

My advice not only for the sake of your but your, is to get rid of the pest on your home and ask your neighbors to do the same.

Yeah I use Boric Acid here in my apartment.

But this place is in the middle of the city and is a very old complex with 3 floors and over 100 apartments in my building alone.

If only I could get them all to get their shit together, but that ain't happenin.

--------------------

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
    #25223306 - 05/23/18 02:33 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Quote:

Dr. Freeman said:

But this place is in the middle of the city and is a very old complex with 3 floors and over 100 apartments in my building alone.

If only I could get them all to get their shit together, but that ain't happenin.

If you have a roach fest in a old building you probably have mold to which is not nice.

OfflineDr. Freeman
An agent of Order
Male

Loc: Midgard
    #25223313 - 05/23/18 02:34 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Ohh. Then the best you could do is making a small safe space for your shrooms.
Don't see any simple solutions.

OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

Re: German Cockroach Questions. [Re: kanemush]
    #25223325 - 05/23/18 02:37 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Quote:

Dr. Freeman said:

If you have a roach fest in a old building you probably have mold to which is not nice.

Definitely. It's a constant struggle in my bathroom because my wife likes to take long bath and I enjoy very hot and steamy showers.

We're in there with a bottle of hydrogen peroxide to clean up the tiles at least once a week to keep it lookin nice.

I Think i'll probably have to get one of those mini in house green houses i've seen used on here to shelve all my tubs.

That might help with both the pests and the mold.

--------------------

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

#25223333 - 05/23/18 02:39 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

RAID MAX :omgawesome:

--------------------

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
    #25223334 - 05/23/18 02:40 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Quote:

Dr. Freeman said:

Definitely. It's a constant struggle in my bathroom because my wife likes to take long bath and I enjoy very hot and steamy showers.

We're in there with a bottle of hydrogen peroxide to clean up the tiles at least once a week to keep it lookin nice.

I Think i'll probably have to get one of those mini in house green houses i've seen used on here to shelve all my tubs.

That might help with both the pests and the mold.

I would say use pf tek get some jars colonized roaches ain't getting through the lid. Then do a simple shoe box like 2 at a time should be enough to have fun every month.

OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

#25223368 - 05/23/18 02:48 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yeah I got 5 pf tek jars going right now for some meditation in the coming months.

I know those little fucks ain't getting through the jar for now.

I was more worried about fruiting time and if they are interested in the fruits themselves.

They steal my weed all the time from my smoke drawer and I was wondering if they are like super attracted to cube mushrooms like say onions.  They freak out over onions. It's so gross.

--------------------

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
    #25223384 - 05/23/18 02:54 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Oh yeah I got 5 pf tek jars going right now for some meditation in the coming months.

I was more worried about fruiting time and if they are interested in the fruits themselves.

They steal my weed all the time from my smoke drawer and I was wondering if they are like super attracted to cube mushrooms like say onions.  They freak out over onions. It's so gross.

As stated they like cold dark damp places so I am about 99% they will find your boxes. Seriously though buy some bug bombs like let 2 or 3 off in your house. I'm talking about the toxic ones that you have to leave for a few hours no pretty safe shit. Then they will just go to the neighbors and maybe you can fit 1 grow in before they come back.

OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

#25223393 - 05/23/18 02:58 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

Camtaro420 said:

As stated they like cold dark damp places so I am about 99% they will find your boxes. Seriously though buy some bug bombs like let 2 or 3 off in your house. I'm talking about the toxic ones that you have to leave for a few hours no pretty safe shit. Then they will just go to the neighbors and maybe you can fit 1 grow in before they come back.

:mygoditsfullofstars:

That's illegal man. I'll kill my 2 floors worth of upstairs neighbors and their baby. Maybe?

Anyways, read up on the rest of the thread and you'll see even if I could bomb this specific apartment the hundreds of others that have been infested for the past 60 years will likely be unaffected.

--------------------

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
    #25223424 - 05/23/18 03:08 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Mabye use mushrooms as a weapon for cockroaches?
Paul Staments has been pretty successful on using mushrooms to combat a verity of insect issues. Such as using Cordyceps and so fourth. May also be a pretty good way to expand the us fullness of the hobby.

[0003]
The present invention relates to the use of fungal mycelium as a biopesticide. More particularly, the invention relates to the control and destruction of insects, including carpenter ants, fire ants, termites, flies, beetles, cockroaches and other pests, using fungal mycelia as both attractant and infectious agent.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8501207

, U.S. Pat. No. 6,254,864 (2001) to Stimac et al. discloses dry powder Beauveria bassiana spore and spore/mycelium compositions for control of cockroaches and ants including carpenter ants, pharaoh ants and fire ants. U.S. Pat. No. 4,925,663 (1990)

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Offlinemisterswisher
Stranger
    #25223426 - 05/23/18 03:08 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

burn the building down, file insurance claim, get new place.

Only way you're safe. I couldn't be able to sleep at night with those fuckers running around.

OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

Re: German Cockroach Questions. [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #25223429 - 05/23/18 03:09 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

R.I.P.Zappa said:
Paul Staments has been pretty successful on using mushrooms to combat a verity of insect issues. Such as using Cordyceps and so fourth. May also be a pretty good way to expand the us fullness of the hobby.

[0003]
The present invention relates to the use of fungal mycelium as a biopesticide. More particularly, the invention relates to the control and destruction of insects, including carpenter ants, fire ants, termites, flies, beetles, cockroaches and other pests, using fungal mycelia as both attractant and infectious agent.

, U.S. Pat. No. 6,254,864 (2001) to Stimac et al. discloses dry powder Beauveria bassiana spore and spore/mycelium compositions for control of cockroaches and ants including carpenter ants, pharaoh ants and fire ants. U.S. Pat. No. 4,925,663 (1990)

Holy shit, I love that guy lol. Have you seen his podcast on Joe Rogan Experience? One of the best interviews i've seen yet.

--------------------

Invisiblejbaby007S
Badass
I'm a teapot

#25223463 - 05/23/18 03:23 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Buy some fresh water food grade Diatomaceous Earth. Sprinkle that around the perimeter of your place. It acts as a fine grade silica which adheres to the exoskeleton of insects and sucks the moisture out of them. It's safe to have around pets and you can consume it, in moderation of course. Just make sure it's Food Grade. Cheap and super effective.

--------------------

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
    #25223466 - 05/23/18 03:24 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Quote:

R.I.P.Zappa said:

[0003]

Holy shit, I love that guy lol. Have you seen his podcast on Joe Rogan Experience? One of the best interviews i've seen yet.

Yeah watched em all, good stuff. Joe is a great interviewer. :cookiemonster: I have been watching lots of mushroom related stuff over the last year and just find the fungal world amazing.
Even if these methods don't destroy the colony they may even sense the presence of the spores and mycelium and know to stay the hell away. Might be a worth looking into. Not sure of the skill level required for harvesting certain species but I know you can get Cordyceps spores online. Might even be able to contact him or his colleagues and get samples of what you need.
Just a thought.

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

OfflineDamonD
Stranger
Male

#25223676 - 05/23/18 05:01 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

You must be my neighbor. Its ok they dont crawl that far up the walls, just make sure its up a ways on a shelf. Now outside its a different story.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25223783 - 05/23/18 06:01 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

Camtaro420 said:

That's illegal man. I'll kill my 2 floors worth of upstairs neighbors and their baby. Maybe?

Anyways, read up on the rest of the thread and you'll see even if I could bomb this specific apartment the hundreds of others that have been infested for the past 60 years will likely be unaffected.

Bomb yours, not illegal. Then seal up cracks with foaming insulation and caulk. Get weatherstripping for your doors and windows. In your cabinets and under your sink area check where pipes go into the walls and seal them.
Yea maybe this is stuff the apartment should handle but you're also trying to grow drugs so pony up and fix your own place up. Buy some barrier control insect spray like ortho home defense max. Reapply it every 2-3 months it's cheap like 13$ for a couple gallon sprayer.

Mix diatomaceous earth and borax together. Sprinkle it everywhere stomp it in then vacuum the next day to get up excess in visible living areas.

Also paul stamets filed a patent based on a theory that you could control insects with Cordyceps
This isnt the first time he's tried to sell nothing to people or word other people's work as his own. Like with mycoremediation where he is only a news reporter, but makes it seem like he's on the cutting edge of the development and research.
The more you learn about mushrooms the more Paul sucks

OfflineCamtaro420
Birdman
Male

Re: German Cockroach Questions. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25224248 - 05/23/18 09:34 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

Camtaro420 said:
Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

Camtaro420 said:

Bomb yours, not illegal. Then seal up cracks with foaming insulation and caulk. Get weatherstripping for your doors and windows. In your cabinets and under your sink area check where pipes go into the walls and seal them.
Yea maybe this is stuff the apartment should handle but you're also trying to grow drugs so pony up and fix your own place up. Buy some barrier control insect spray like ortho home defense max. Reapply it every 2-3 months it's cheap like 13$ for a couple gallon sprayer.

Mix diatomaceous earth and borax together. Sprinkle it everywhere stomp it in then vacuum the next day to get up excess in visible living areas.

Also paul stamets filed a patent based on a theory that you could control insects with Cordyceps
This isnt the first time he's tried to sell nothing to people or word other people's work as his own. Like with mycoremediation where he is only a news reporter, but makes it seem like he's on the cutting edge of the development and research.
The more you learn about mushrooms the more Paul sucks

I've been thinking about putting some work in like that, but I don't own the apt, it's just a lease in a ghetto place. Definitely in my forever home for sure though.

For now I think I'm gonna buy one of them small sealed greenhouse things and jimmy rig it to ensure they can't get in and so it gets the right FAE.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds