Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrouija
Stranger
Different types of growth in jars - How do they look? (First timer)
    #25215964 - 05/20/18 06:45 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Shroomery! This is my first post. I've been lurking about for quite a while :smile:

I created a spore syringe from a print that I got a while back under my Still Air Box and inoculated some 0.5 liter rye jars. The grain was prepared following the Let's Grow Mushrooms video which was really helpful :smile:

For the first inoculation of 5 jars I forgot to shake the syringe before injecting the first couple jars, also I squirted the spore solution right on top of the grain, then I put them in a dark cupboard where it was kind of *ahem* too hot, about 30 degrees celsius, 86 degrees F.
Here I was following some Swedish, probably outdated tech.. It said to put them somewhere in the dark and keep it around that temperature.

After seeing no progress the next three days I was worried. So I started searching again and saw a post by RogerRabbit saying that the grains need ambient light and lower temperature.
So I was worried I had dried out the grains in that hot dark cupboard so I took them out and inoculated them once more, this time along the sides and after shaking the syringe. I then put them in my living room with ambient lighting and about 25C/77F.

That day I had already started working on some more grain (because it was fun!) so the next day I inoculated three more jars (same print, different syringe)

So the next day I inoculated 3 more jars with a little over 1 CC each because I wanted to be sure the injection would be rich enough in genetics to produce healthy fast growing mycelium.

Since then I've been waiting pretty much. The jars below, J1 and J2 are 10 days old. J3 and J4 are 13 days old. I shook J3 and J3 after 9 days (looked to be about 30% colonised) and I shook J1 (the furry one) yesterday.

I started suspecting something was wrong with J1 because the growth looks hairy furry and fuzzy. It's also not as thick as the others, and it spread over like a 2" patch in 2-3 days. This has not happened to any of the other jars.

Been searching the contamination forums but it doesn't quite look like cobweb. I don't know. I'm probably just paranoid :smile:

What do you think? This is what they look like after 10-13 days.

Any help or input is much appreciated!
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge <3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract