Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
"Operation Northwoods"
    #2521240 - 04/03/04 12:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Many can?t concieve of the idea that the government would stage terrorist attacks(or allow them to happen) on American soil to justify going to war.

Some of you may have heard of "Operation Northwoods" which was a very real proposal by the Joint Chiefs Of Staff. They wanted to stage attacks on US soil to justify an invasion of Cuba.

Quote:

Operation Northwoods

National Security Archive, 30 April 2001
Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG), globalresearch.ca, 16 November 2001

In his new expos? of the National Security Agency entitled Body of Secrets, author James Bamford highlights a set of proposals on Cuba by the Joint Chiefs of Staff codenamed OPERATION NORTHWOODS. This document, titled ?Justification for U.S. Military Intervention in Cuba? was provided by the JCS to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962, as the key component of Northwoods. Written in response to a request from the Chief of the Cuba Project, Col. Edward Lansdale, the Top Secret memorandum describes U.S. plans to covertly engineer various pretexts that would justify a U.S. invasion of Cuba. These proposals - part of a secret anti-Castro program known as Operation Mongoose - included staging the assassinations of Cubans living in the United States, developing a fake ?Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington,? including ?sink[ing] a boatload of Cuban refugees (real or simulated),? faking a Cuban airforce attack on a civilian jetliner, and concocting a ?Remember the Maine? incident by blowing up a U.S. ship in Cuban waters and then blaming the incident on Cuban sabotage. Bamford himself writes that Operation Northwoods ?may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government.?

Knowing that what you?ve read above is true, how can you not believe in the possiblity that the US let 9-11 happen. After all, Bush had plans to invade Afganistan and Iraq before 9-11.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: "Operation Northwoods" [Re: Learyfan]
    #2521336 - 04/03/04 01:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, so on one hand you believe the testimony of Richard Clarke and the like, who claim that the administration failed to take seriously the threat of Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, al Queda, and terrorism in general, while at the same time believing that the administration had plans to go after Osama and invade Afghanistan pre 9/11. Which is it?

Osama and al Queda had already been positively linked to many terrorist actions against US interests (embassy bombings, U.S.S Cole, etc.). I believe that alone is justification for action against them. So, I'm not buying that it took an event like 9/11 to garner enough public support to warrant an operation against them.

In addition, the lack of oversight, public interest or (widespread) mistrust in the government, created an environment far more conducive to illicit activity in that era of "Operation Northwoods." Also, it was just a proposal. It never happened. To this day officials propose preposterous plans (Poindexter's futures hedging plans of assassinations and the like come to mind) that never materialize.

That being said though I (and many of the others who have supported the campaign in Iraq and Afghanistan I've seen say the same thing) have never excluded the possibility that 9/11 was allowed to happen. I just don't go around making unjust claims because it's what I want to believe. Would it not make you immeasurably happy to have conclusive proof that "Bush knew?"

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: "Operation Northwoods" [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2521388 - 04/03/04 01:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ok, so on one hand you believe the testimony of Richard Clarke and the like, who claim that the administration failed to take seriously the threat of Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, al Queda, and terrorism in general, while at the same time believing that the administration had plans to go after Osama and invade Afghanistan pre 9/11. Which is it?

I believe what Richard Clarke says and I also believe that Bush let 9-11 happen. Clarke believes that the Bush administration didn?t take terrorism seriously. I believe that it appeared to Clarke that the Bush?s weren?t taking it seriously because they wanted a catastrophe to happen.

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2522487 - 04/03/04 08:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i posted this over at sacredshrooms. i thought it might be interesting.

Lighthouse Attack Was Staged by US to Trick Canada Into War Conscription

Edmonton Journal | April 2 2004

The country's top history magazine is casting doubt on the official account of a pivotal event for Canadians during the Second World War: the purported attack by a Japanese submarine on a Vancouver Island lighthouse.

There's no doubt the remote area around Estevan Point station was shelled on the night of June 20, 1942. Witness statements and physical evidence of the bombardment confirm that about 20 5.5-inch shells were fired -- all inaccurately -- from a vessel off the coast.

But an article in the latest edition of The Beaver by B.C. writers Norm and Carol Hall suggests the shells were launched by an American warship in an orchestrated effort to bolster the Canadian government in the midst of its controversial move to implement conscription.

"The timing of the submarine attack seems like a stroke of phenomenal luck for Mackenzie King, the Liberal party, and, possibly, even the continued unity of Canada.

"Or was the timing a little too perfect?" the authors state, noting that debate on the controversial conscription bill was still raging in Parliament.

"Perhaps a discreet 'enemy incident' of the manufactured sort was just the thing needed to galvanize Canadian public opinion toward the kind of all-out war effort needed to justify overseas conscription."

The official view has been that the Japanese submarine I-26 carried out the Estevan Point shelling and subsequent attacks along the Pacific Coast.

The theory that the incident might have been staged was first advanced by Don Graham, a B.C. lighthouse historian who died a few months ago. He wrote in 1985 that the harmless shelling of a non-strategic lighthouse by the U.S. navy would have given its "allied military forces a leg-up out of a sticky political jam."

The Beaver writers also raise doubts about the logic of a Japanese attack: "What military objective at Estevan Point made it worth giving away the whereabouts of I-26 by having the submarine surface on a regularly patrolled enemy shore and remain there, a prime target, for over an hour?"

They question postwar statements by I-26 commander Minoura Yokota in which he claimed credit for the Estevan Point attack while acknowledging that "because of the dark, our gun-crew had difficulty in making the shots effective."

Even at 10:15 p.m., the authors say, on a late June evening at Estevan Point's latitude, "it would have been still light enough to read a newspaper."

They suggest that after Japan's defeat, Yokota may have felt "honour-bound to corroborate any official statement made by the newly established authorities, the victorious Allies ..."

If King was aware of a faked attack, he disguised that knowledge in his diary entry the next day. But he did note the potential political impact.

"While I was resting in the afternoon, (transport minister J.E.) Michaud 'phoned to say he had received a telegram from their wireless station at Estevan Point on Vancouver Island that the station had been shelled last night; not much damage done but clear evidence of Japanese attack upon shores of Canada. It seemed to me that these events could not but have their effect upon Canadian feeling with regard to conscripting men to be sent overseas to Europe ..."

But The Beaver lists several "discrepancies" in the official story. Chief among them is how an initial description of two "warships" firing from different directions -- as entered in the log of lighthouse keeper Robert Lally while the attack was unfolding -- was inexplicably reduced to a "lone submarine" in all subsequent government reports.

The article also recounts the next morning's "astonishment" of the crew of HMCS Santa Maria, the second Canadian ship to reach Estevan Point after the HMCS Moolach. The Santa Maria crewmen were "expecting to find the area crowded with search planes and warships" but instead found empty skies and sea.

A report on the incident submitted to Ottawa in July 1942 by the Canadian Navy's Pacific commander concluded the shelling "was in all probability carried out by one submarine mounting 5.5-inch guns forward of the sub's conning tower." The authors say all I-class Japanese submarines were equipped with guns placed behind the tower.

"American submarines, on the other hand -- the only other submarines plying the waters in the Pacific Northwest at the time -- all had guns forward of their conning towers," they note.

Jean Morin, a historian with the Department of National Defence, said the "latest scholarship" on the Estevan Point incident and Japanese naval operations off the Pacific Coast of North America has produced "not a clue that there might have been American involvement."

The argument advanced in The Beaver "is not something we can corroborate. ... To us it seems very improbable."

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: "Operation Northwoods" [Re: mabus]
    #2524014 - 04/04/04 10:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Never know.

I know someone that did know though........

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: "Operation Northwoods" [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2533852 - 04/07/04 04:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:

Would it not make you immeasurably happy to have conclusive proof that "Bush knew?"

well i have conclusive proof of some very heavy Truth,
and no it does not make me happy at all, in fact it's terrifying.

anyway, i'm afraid that the NSA not only gnew,
but funded, trained and protected the boogey man.

watch this film, right click save as;

http://sf.indymedia.org/uploads/the_road_to_tyranny__34kbps_.rm

but even this World drama is a puppet show,
Osama, Bush, Putin, Blair, Saddam... all fucking ACTORS.
they steal our collective bliss through our attention like all move-V stars...

the Earth show we gno is Romper Room compared to the real Anu-Reptilian saga...

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2534125 - 04/07/04 09:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The funniest thing to me, is that the government (FBI and CIA) refuse to give any evidence that any of the 19 hijackers were on the plane. They refuse to give any evidence that Al Qaeda or Osama Bin Laden were even involved- remember when Afghanistan offered to GIVE Osama Bin Laden to us if we showed them some proof that he was involved, but we refused of course and then cut off aid to 7 million starving people. The FBI refuses to let any airplane personel answer any questions about what went on that morning, or to answer any questions themselves.

The CIA supposedly found two passports of the supposed hijackers in the rubble. Exactly how did these passports survive the same incineration that supposedly destroyed the black boxes? We should be making planes out of these passport materials according to these finds. Then they claim to find a flight manual inside one of the hijjackers cars. What the hell would they be doing with that- learning how to fly a commercial airplane on the ride over? Ridiculous.

The president, after fighting an independent investigation for as long as possible asked for by 9-11 widows, finally allows a commission, with his own hand picked members, to look into intelligence before the war on terrorism, not the actual event itself. No questions or testimonies from airline workers, no investigation of what happened that morning.

Even with his own hand-picked commission, the president still refused to cooperate. First he says he won't even testify. Then, with all the pressure, he says he will give just one hour- just one hour in private- to the commission. Then after more pressure, he finally succumbs to testify in private with Dick Cheney by his side. Doesn't sound like a very forthcoming man.

So basically what we're left with, is a government that is saying: trust us- we will present no evidence to support any of what we claim, our 911 report to congress is full of gaps, holes and unanswered questions, and is partially classified, but trust us even though we won't allow any further investigation. Only a moron would sit back passively accepting verdicts without any evidence, which is exactly what the press and American people have done.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2534479 - 04/07/04 11:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Once again Leary, thanks for the Towering Inferno skit - "The muppet" LMAO!! 

:lol:

OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
Re: "Operation Northwoods" [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2535682 - 04/07/04 04:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent post.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion