Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineEthicalEthnobotany
Wisdom Seeker
Female

Loc: Wonderland Flag
Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook
    #25204481 - 05/14/18 10:29 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

On Friday, John Garrison and his girlfriend Hope went foraging the mountains for some morel mushrooms. Morels are known to those in the region as being the safest mushroom to hunt for as they are very easily identified due to their unique look. From mid April to mid May, lovers of nature and good food, like John and Hope will find them growing near trees or where there used to be trees.

Garrison was so excited that they had found a bunch of them, that he posted a photo on Facebook of he and Hope’s bounty along with his plans to “sautee them with brown sugar and cinnamon and see how that turns out.”

A great night of good food was set to follow an awesome day of hiking and foraging. That is, however, until the wheels of the police state drug war caught a whiff of the mushrooms.

Garrison made the post that they were about to saute the mushrooms at 9:09 pm. Only hours later as he and Hope sat back with full bellies, police showed up.

“We had just finished eating the Morels we found today and heard a knock on the door. A police officer and an RA were standing outside. We let them in and as soon as the police officer walked in he asked us why we were eating mushrooms and posting about it online. He thought he was on the biggest bust of his career thinking we were having a magic mushroom party before I explained to him that Morels are a native choice edible mushroom similar to truffles,” explained Garrison.

However, this cop—clearly unaware of the tasty morel and hell bent on busting kids for eating mushrooms—just knew he had caught himself a pair of hardened criminals who’d dare to expand their consciousness in the sanctity of their own home.

“He wasn’t convinced. So I rummaged through the trash to find a peice (sic) of a Morel so that he would have evidence that we weren’t taking psychedelic mushrooms. I showed him and he still wasn’t convinced that they weren’t magic mushrooms, Which was shocking to me because morels look nothing like a psychedelic psilocybin (sic) mushrooms and I figured a police officer would know what illegal drugs looked like. A second police officer showed up and I showed her the Morel and she immediately knew it was a Morel which was a relief. They processed our ID’s and eventually left. What an experience,” Garrison wrote on Facebook.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcidStrippedMind
The Sunshine Fix
Male User Gallery

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: EthicalEthnobotany] * 3
    #25204553 - 05/14/18 11:14 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

What an idiot. Should of told him to come back with a warrant.

Hope someone does a home invasion on him so he can see what it feels like.

--------------------

I am the storm. I am the wonder.

Wisdom Seeker
Female

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: AcidStrippedMind]
    #25204558 - 05/14/18 11:15 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I agree, but some people aren't good under pressure - and it would just add suspicion if he's doing nothing wrong.

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: EthicalEthnobotany] * 2
    #25204602 - 05/14/18 11:56 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

fucking pigs... Go arrest some rapists or murderers for crying out loud...

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

Wisdom Seeker
Female

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Blazer420] * 1
    #25204628 - 05/15/18 12:13 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Seriously, the sad part is that it was probably someone on their "friends" list that called the cops. Some people are just a piece of shit.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: EthicalEthnobotany]
    #25204703 - 05/15/18 01:57 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

thermal insulated cooling

OfflineLincolnCityTripper
Mushroom Maniac
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Konyap]
    #25204718 - 05/15/18 02:18 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Man these fuckin pricks don't have anything better to do than hassle innocent people??? What a fuckin joke!

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: LincolnCityTripper]
    #25204736 - 05/15/18 02:45 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I think i saw these or some morels very recently on a mushroom (non-psychedelic, iirc) board

What a stereotypical, dickhead, dumbass cop

Ps i think once inside they dont need a warrant, as you have "granted entry"

Its a little bit like very bad sex

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Fractal420]
    #25205046 - 05/15/18 08:33 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Glad to see the cops get such high level training and they only hire the brightest

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineFractalMind
Werewolf
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25205047 - 05/15/18 08:33 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Clueless baby boomers..

OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Molecular (Creating, Watc...
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: FractalMind]
    #25205168 - 05/15/18 09:38 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Public servants doing whatever’s easiest to take money from and throw in cages the very public they’re sworn to protect.

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

OfflineVeihler
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: EthicalEthnobotany] * 1
    #25205641 - 05/15/18 02:09 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EthicalEthnobotany said:
Seriously, the sad part is that it was probably someone on their "friends" list that called the cops. Some people are just a piece of shit.

it was zuckerberg

--------------------
...Did he doubt or did he try? Answers aplenty in the bye and bye
Talk about your plenty and talk about your ills, one man gathers what another man spills.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Veihler]
    #25206382 - 05/15/18 08:49 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I agree someone on their page was trying to get them busted. Facebook sucks nazi cock.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Doc9151]
    #25206864 - 05/16/18 03:22 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

FB is the fucking worst. i used to at least look at other peoples shrooms on groups on there, not even anymore. theres so much misinformation, and everything you ever posted is linked right to your name in one handy PDF that is given straight to LE. Every grow or picture of a jar. its simply a horrible idea. No matter how you slice it.

Even on here, its not like anything is truly anonymous or encrypted (unless you take extra steps) but at least its not literally on your real name feed

At the risk of sounding paranoid. Whatever. Better safe than sorry because of fucking FB. At least instagram (yeah same owners i know) can be Fun. Facebook has become kind of like a skinner box. And if youre phishing for likes it can be similar with insta. I wouldnt post anything "harder" than thc on either, personally

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Fractal420]
    #25206912 - 05/16/18 04:28 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I deleted that site, i hate those fake peices of shit

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Konyap]
    #25207231 - 05/16/18 08:42 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:
I deleted that site, i hate those fake peices of shit

Good for you man. I mean that

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineSunnie
Stranger

Loc: The Boonies
    #25208734 - 05/16/18 06:58 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:
I deleted that site, i hate those fake pieces of shit

A while back, I remember reading about the "proper" way to dispose of your FB so that it's not even recognizable as you anymore (Or something like that).  My dislike for that site keeps growing and growing.  It's also pretty unnerving how specific a lot of my targeted ads are

OfflineMikeTesserect
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: EthicalEthnobotany]
    #25209523 - 05/17/18 05:50 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

that is one of the best jokes to play on someone and just hope they really don't have anything

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Sunnie]
    #25209625 - 05/17/18 07:19 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sunnie said:
Quote:

Konyap said:

A while back, I remember reading about the "proper" way to dispose of your FB so that it's not even recognizable as you anymore (Or something like that).  My dislike for that site keeps growing and growing.  It's also pretty unnerving how specific a lot of my targeted ads are

So its not recognizable? I have read there are steps you can take to protect your data but once its in the hands on FB they have it. There are ways to try to deactivate your account, but what does it tell you that even the Option of deleting your info is not available? Why not? Shouldnt be impossible to wipe. Nope, they want that data. 100%
"Its complicated" lol

But of course even if you delete fb or NEVER sign up, its still building a profile of you. That is not a good sign

If facebook was actually apologetic and wanted to allow people to delete their account, nothing is stopping them...

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMikeTesserect
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25209752 - 05/17/18 08:42 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Once the law and order song pops in your head they are really going to think you are tripping

OfflineBoomerBud
Male

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Sunnie]
    #25211075 - 05/17/18 07:00 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sunnie said:
Quote:

Konyap said:

Quote:

Sunnie said:
Quote:

Konyap said:

A year or so ago I had a cut on the tip of my finger which i needed healed quick because i play guitar and had a show coming up and i talked about getting some neosporin to my girlfriend, I didnt even type it into my phone or anything, and then neosporin ads started showing up on my news feed... What in the fuck talk about invasive. I would completely delete facebook if i wasnt using it for promotion purposes i hate that site.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: MikeTesserect] * 1
    #25215435 - 05/19/18 09:34 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MikeTesserect said:
that is one of the best jokes to play on someone and just hope they really don't have anything

Seriously!!! I would beat you near to death if you did that shit to me, whether I had anything or not. That's WAYfucking uncool and a serious dick move.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Wisdom Seeker
Female

Re: Cops visit couples apartment after they posted pictures of morels they found on facebook [Re: Doc9151]
    #25215561 - 05/19/18 10:52 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Right? A joke to play? What the hell is wrong with him, wonder if it was some idiot on their facebook with that same line of thought who did it....

"Herrrr durrrr it wood b so funnie if eye calldid the cops on my friends hurrrrrrrrrrrr derrrrrrrrrrrr"

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #25216961 - 05/20/18 04:41 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Fucking  police state,this country is circling the drain

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals