Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Shins]
    #8621334 - 07/11/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
id consider myself pretty Pro when it comes to lake fishing,  trolling casting flyfishing jigging you name it i've caught fish.

as far as hunting goes i have always said that if i ever do it i'm going to have to fletch my own bow and arrows and not use any for of attraction techniques i can't do with my own body because in my opinion it's really lame to use a high powered rifle with a scope and high tech attractors.  any dumb hick can kill a deer like that... doesnt seem to take much skill.

i know you've gotta get a good "kill shot" and whatnot but even so, seems really easy from my rifle shooting experience.

Ever tried noodling? That stuff looks scarey because of snakes and what not. Looks fun though. As for you not wanting to use a rifle for deer, that's respectable in my opinion. I never used a bow, in fact most of the time i use a 20 guage with hollow point slugs so the range isn't much more than a bow, but it drops them like a ton of bricks instantly. If I were out in western KS or somewhere that you need binoculars to even spot a deer then a .300wm or 30-06 would be better. Hell I've used a .40 pistol to hunt. That is pretty challenging. A lot of the time squirrel hunting i just use a daisy 1000x .177 pellet gun. It is high powered enough for an instant kill (1000fps) but you have to get within 30 yards unlike a 22 or .17hmr. Also pretty challenging. With squirrels though I always go for a head shot because you do NOT want to pick one up that isn't dead.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: ray40cal]
    #8621341 - 07/11/08 11:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ray40cal said:

Ever tried noodling? That stuff looks scarey because of snakes and what not. Looks fun though. As for you not wanting to use a rifle for deer, that's respectable in my opinion. I never used a bow, in fact most of the time i use a 20 guage with hollow point slugs so the range isn't much more than a bow, but it drops them like a ton of bricks instantly. If I were out in western KS or somewhere that you need binoculars to even spot a deer then a .300wm or 30-06 would be better. Hell I've used a .40 pistol to hunt. That is pretty challenging. A lot of the time squirrel hunting i just use a daisy 1000x .177 pellet gun. It is high powered enough for an instant kill (1000fps) but you have to get within 30 yards unlike a 22 or .17hmr. Also pretty challenging. With squirrels though I always go for a head shot because you do NOT want to pick one up that isn't dead.

Don't you tap the eye with barrel before you try to pick it up in any case?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Spooge]
    #8621383 - 07/11/08 11:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ZoooftheMoon said:
I don't hunt but I'm an avid fisherman.

I know a lot who do hunt and everyone of them will tell you that it's more expensive to hunt than buy your meat at the butchers or supermarket.

They and myself included believe it's worth the extra money though.

It's money for your license and draw and whatnot, major money on going out to the hunting spot(gas, which is majorly expensive just right there, food and other supplies), and for most people, money to get the animal made into steaks, breakfast sausage, peporroni, roasts, burgers, ground hamburger, etc.

As far as fishing, I usually fish catch and release, but definetely keep a few for the freezer.

Big game costs money for tags and what not, but you don't need tags to bag small game. All the places I hunt and fish are closeby or on my own 80 acres 2 states away. For me big game hunting is more of a delicacy i don't ever have time to do it much. All i gotta do to hunt small game doves rabbits squirrels you name it is walk across the street. It's really fun if i use a pellet gun because of the extra stealth and patience.

As for boar, i reallly want to pop some. The property down in Ark is right next to my uncle's farm and he's sayin there are wild pigs everywhere. I also get to snipe armadillos when we go down there because they are a pain in the ass. The holes they dig can break a cow's leg. I'm gonna take some pictures today of antlers i got from down there, one is a shed the other was killed. I got 2 ponds too with jaws size catfish i'll have to dig deep for those pictures.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Chemy]
    #8621401 - 07/11/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It all really depends on where you're getting them from. Some places have signs up saying not to eat blue crabs caught here because they are known to contain high levels of mercury, and other toxins. It all really just depends on where you get them from, thats why fresh is the way to go. Know your source........

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineJoisnut
Stranger
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #25202416 - 05/14/18 01:45 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ComputerTekGuy said:
I love hunting and fishing!

Gun, bow, fishing rod, knife, beer and permit. You'll find me in the woods then :smile:

So, it seems to me, owning a gun is really cool, I have thought so quite long and in the end I've decided to buy one, thinking that I'd be able to go hunting once, I've found this site http://gunsafery.com but I don't know whether I should trust it, has anyone used the site?

InvisibleNot Responding
Busted Liar...
Male

Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: ray40cal]
    #25202680 - 05/14/18 07:54 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ray40cal said:
How many of you on here are outdoorsmen? I'm an avid hunter and fisher. Now seems like the best time to hunt. Food prices are going up, so instead of paying 5 dollars at KFC just pop some squirrels and rabbits for the price of a .22 bullet.  I had a weeks worth of free food gathered in 1 day (well it probably cost about .50 cents for the 5 .177 pellets used to bag the squirrels/rabbits) ORGANIC meat, organic wild morrells, healthiest kind of food you can get, for free in the begining of spring squirrel season -!rabbits too, they are all year round in my state!-. Hunting is a good way to save money meat-wise. Everyone knows how the price of beef has started to increase dramatically. You gotta treat present day burgers like past-time steaks. Not only is hunting and fishing good for your food supply and easy on the wallet, but its healthy because you can get organic all natural food, exercise, peace and quiet, and fresh air all at the same time.  Use this thread to share some hunting stories, tips, post some pictures if you got them.

Disclaimer just in case: As for all you animal rights people, if there are any in the shroomery; Make a new post to flame on hunters and how cruel we are or whatever your disposition consists of. Don't bring it to my thread. I'm a member of the Big Ape squad, Anti-Peta Enforcement.

I hunt and fish. I love it. I camp and hike too. Cave exploring, mountain climbing, and other shits of that nature. Pun intended!

--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom