Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
question about manure/straw casing
    #2520254 - 04/03/04 12:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well, this is how it goes...i recently moved away from some drama in the PNW, and had to move back to california...my first flush on the casing went extremely well (8 0z dry)...at least, i think that's good. the thing is, i didn't case before i the first pins set in, and i had wanted a casing layer on it. so i let the flush go through it's thing and picked and cleaned the substrate, then i applied a casing layer(coir/verm). my question is now this: during the move the casing was exposed to extreme temperature fluxuations...ranging from about 25* to 110*. it seems that the mycelium did survive, but it seems that it's taking an incredbily long time to to see anything come up through the casing layer. it's been almost a week since the casing was put back onto it's regular cycle, and i'm not seeing much happening...could it be that because of the trauma that the mycelium is taking time to develop, and that the casing layer, aabout 2" deep is slowing things down?

i know this isn't really necisary to post, but i just wanted some input. maybe some ideas on how to get everything back to the way it was...i would really love another flush like i got off the first one, and i know i can do it again, but it just seems like things are starting to stall.

any help would be appreciated...thank you in advance..

the llama.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: question about manure/straw casing [Re: llamaboy]
    #2520373 - 04/03/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sure there had to be a lot of trama to the myc with the temps you said. 2 inches of casing is kind of thick also since the casing has fruited before. May wanna look into those areas.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation