Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Any recommendations on these online sources?
    #2482770 - 03/30/04 04:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Howdy all,

I used to get a great little kit(EZ Grow) from Homestead. But, since they're not doing it anymore, I've had to look around.

I've found these:

1) smartbotanics(same as amazingnature)
located in Holland
http://www.amazing-nature.com/mushroom.htm#growbox

2) allsalvia
located in uk
http://www.allsalvia.co.uk/order.htm#mush

3) medicalseeds
not sure where they are
http://www.medicalseeds.com/mushkit.html

4) magicmushroomgrow
located in BC
http://http://www.magicmushroomgrow.com

So - I wonder if maybe the time delay for an overseas shipment may affect my chances(maybe should go for #4, even though it's the most expesive?). Would hate to ruin it. I really appreciate any input anybody may have on any of these companies.

Please, good or bad feedback. Anybody tried any of them?

Thank you.

Fishstudy@earthlink.net

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Edited by Grizzy (03/30/04 04:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: Any recommendations on these online sources? [Re: Grizzy]
    #2482793 - 03/30/04 04:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Not sure about any of those, not used them. I would say any of the Shroomery sponsors would be good. (Click on the link at the top).

I have used mushmush.nl in the Netherlands, and would recommend them.

You are going to pay well over the odds for an pre-assembled kit, and its not half as fun as doing it yourself.

I would recommend buying a spore syringe, and following the PF Cake Tek. You will get a lot more fruits that way than from a kit.

OfflineGrizzy

Re: Any recommendations on these online sources? [Re: psilomonkey]
    #2483987 - 03/30/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you very much, P-monkey(sorry to call you that, please do not think I'm hip to "P-diddy" or anything like that - ha ha)

In the longrun - absolutely!  I will be doing the PF Cake Tek.  It's just that, right now - I really don't have a lot of time to be able to dedicate to it, in collecting the equipment, studying, setting up a place in the house, etc.

I've done the kit method before and it's worked great.  Also - I'm not greedy at all.  Seriously, it doesn't take a lot to make my wife and I happy.

And while I can't wait to find some on my own someday, it is not to be - at least until fall, and even then - it's a shot in the dark by this rookie.  This summer, we're taking a really fun camping trip to the secluded wilderness of the mountains, and I think this kit would be my best hope.

I really appreciate this forum and would very much prefer to support one of the sponsers.  Unfortunately - mushmush only sends kits to Europe.  :frown:  I'm in the US, and California at that.

And that was the only place of the sponsers that offered the "dummy kits".  This is unfortunate.

The only new one I've come across is:
http://www.stuff-u-like.co.uk/shroomkits.html

At the very least, some good will come out of this.
At least I will be able to share my results with you folks upon trying one of the above.  I won't be doing so for a while still, while I check back to this post and see if anybody has any more feedback.

But if all else fails - I will provide the feedback and hopefully others in the future may benefit from it.

Thank you.
Again, if anyone has any input - please help.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
    #2484022 - 03/30/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't remember the source i used for kits "way back when" but I'de remember it if i saw it and it's not listed there.

Sorry

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineGrizzy

Re: Any recommendations on these online sources? [Re: Ripple]
    #2485504 - 03/30/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Ripple. I imagine you may have went through Homestead as well...

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Cheers.

--------------------

OfflineGrizzy

#2519732 - 04/02/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Please help me out guys.

I don't want to end up going with one that screws me or spoils on the way overseas. I also don't want to pay too much.

If any of you has done business in any way with any of the above, PLEASE tell me about, good and even moreso - bad stories.

I hope someone can help me.

--------------------

Offlinesnowspeed1
Psychonaut
    #2520134 - 04/02/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You should look a little closer at the links you posted. the first three send you LIVE mycelium. and the fourth has a california kit that wont send you any spores. None of the kits address the big mushroom killer problem of contamination. they simpley say to keep sterile. although, if you are working with mycelium there is a lot more leeway.
but ordering live psilocybin containing mycelium from out fo the country is EXACTLY the same as ordering fresh mushrooms from out of the country. Spores are legal because their is no psilocybin in them. If you are going to do something so bold (and daft) you might as well order fresh shrooms from the uk. then you dont run the risk of a manufacturing/cultivating illegal substances charge.
ordering anything that passes through customs is a sizeable risk. i have shipped a lot of drugs in the mail, but i would feel that trying to pass psilocybin through the mail undetected is about a 90% failure rate.
and too, stuff takes 2 to 3 weeks to get here from europe. your mycelium will all be dead by then.

To be honest, none of these kits have anything you couldnt make yourself. Its not a matter of convenience, its a matter of them being dirt merchants. they are trying to take something as cheap as dirt - and in some cases their kits include dirt - and sell it to you for the price of gold.

Every scammer you pay is another scam they set on someone else. honestly. if you have the time to search for some mushroom kits you have the time to start from scratch.
and as for space just grow them in your room.

if you have some particular challenge or dont know where to start then PM me.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Any recommendations on these online sources? [Re: snowspeed1]
    #2520203 - 04/02/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

snowspeed1 said:
stuff takes 2 to 3 weeks to get here from europe.

My bottles of absinth come in 3 or 4 days after i order em from the UK.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies