Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
See Bush invigorating the nation's youth
    #2487734 - 03/31/04 04:45 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

I thought this was pretty funny, it's a clip they showed on Letterman on Monday.

Video (Realplayer file)

Quote:

Last night we showed a clip of the President giving a speech. Behind him stood a lad who was obviously bored silly. The 14-year-old or so yawned, scratched, yawned, yawned, checked his watch, bent over, stared at the ceiling, and then fell asleep during the President's speech. It was very funny. So funny, in fact, that CNN replayed the clip Tuesday during their broadcasts. But, but, but, the first time is was shown, CNN anchorwoman Daryn Kagan reported that the White House said the clip was a total fake, it was merely the Late Show having fun with their ability to edit and do TV tricks. Dave says what the CNN reporter said was an out and out 100% lie. A couple hours later, CNN anchor person Kyra Phillips reported that the kid was at the speech but not where the Late Show had him. Dave again makes the claim, "That's an out and out absolute 100% lie. That kid was exactly where we said he was." It's true. The speech was at a Florida Rally on March 20th at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Dave is irked that the White House was trying to make him look like a jerk. But he's glad he got his side of the story out in the open.

Letterman bites back. :lol:

Quote:

...Dave is handed a note. CNN just phoned. The note reads that CNN claims the anchorwoman misspoke. CNN never got a comment from the White House. It was CNN's mistake. Hmmmm. Something's fishy here. Dave is unhappy. He's already called the White House liars and now it's too late to take it back. Uh oh. Dave feels it's only a matter of time before he's taken away in handcuffs and doing the perp walk. Dang you, CNN.
Back from commercial, Dave admits to making two egregious errors earlier in the show. 1. He believed that we had enough Schick Quattros for everyone in the audience. Instead the audience will be receiving a razor or candy. And 2. Dave made the statement that the White House had lied to us. We found out during the show that the White House had nothing to do with it.

Both quotes taken from this summary.

CNN mistake (twice, with different reasons and anchors) or someone pulling the strings?....hmmmm.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: See Bush invigorating the nation's youth [Re: Edame]
    #2487754 - 03/31/04 04:50 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Damn liberal media... :wink:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2487887 - 03/31/04 05:48 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Letterman is funny but the show's too wholesome and corny for my taste....if he has to kiss the ass of the president too that's even worse.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #2490269 - 04/01/04 03:06 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Your links are broken.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2509812 - 04/01/04 07:42 PM (20 years, 23 hours ago)

go to the root of the url, scroll down past
novak's ugly mug and you'll find some
mirrored links.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: See Bush invigorating the nation's youth [Re: afoaf]
    #2509822 - 04/01/04 07:44 PM (20 years, 23 hours ago)

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2518539 - 04/02/04 10:03 AM (20 years, 9 hours ago)

I heard Letterman's putting this jackass kid on his show. Culture of retards indeed.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2519269 - 04/02/04 02:35 PM (20 years, 4 hours ago)

It's great to know that CNN will make up lies on the spot to uphold the reputation of the White House administration.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: See Bush invigorating the nation's youth [Re: ]
    #2519295 - 04/02/04 02:54 PM (20 years, 4 hours ago)

CNN is no friend of this or any other Republican administration.  They are as far left as Rather and Jennings and just as guilty of cheerleading for the Dems.  They are just incompetent.  If you think CNN is in Bush's pocket you are either not paying enough attention or so paranoid that you shouldn't be walking the streets. :nut:

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2519647 - 04/02/04 04:50 PM (20 years, 2 hours ago)

Eh, media criticism and politcal affliation aside, I thought it was funny as hell. :lol:

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Anonymous

Re: See Bush invigorating the nation's youth [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2519735 - 04/02/04 05:28 PM (20 years, 1 hour ago)

Wow that's a lot of information you extrapolated from my post, but I hinted at nothing about political party support or paranoia. However, thanks for your concern.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale