Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEschalt
främling
 User Gallery

Pre-Trip Report: At the Mall
    #2505965 - 04/01/04 03:00 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

It happened last Saturday night. I had planned to trip with two buddies of mine that night but plans got messed up and we had to cancel. So here I was with plenty of shrooms, not knowing what to do and this girl calls and says shes going to the mall to fix her cell phone with a few other girls. To make a long story short, I ate 7 grams, and started peaking just as we reached the mall. Note that it's Saturday night...the place was packed. Imagine being around hundreds of other people, seeing three dimensional visuals (had to close my eyes to do so) and being totally lost in a trip that probably nobody else was similarily experiencing. It was  :yawn: really boring being around these girls who had no idea, and they were all wondering what I was on. Anybody ever have people wonder what's wrong with you when there's really nothing wrong with you at all? The worst part of the trip was that I was annoyed at this one girl who was, it seemed, supernaturally preoccupied with her cell phone. Anyways, my question/half-tip is: what's the best thing to do when you are thouroughly enjoying your (loss of) self and can't communicate normally with others, much less let them know what's happening? I just ignored them and as often as I can remember pulled my hat down over my eyes to enjoy the visuals but this did not help our relationships at all, though I do recall being able to know what those others were thinking, ie: telepathy. I don't think they noticed though, because they had only smoked a little dope beforehand. My point, I guess, is: don't trip at the mall or any other social event (xcept concert, etc) becasue it's a waste of what might have otherwise been a truly constructive trip. It wasn't bad at all, though, and I remember thinking as we were coming close to the mall that I was about to walk in there tripping and high, but that, rationally, the visit would not last forever (even though I sensed becoming one with a time loop). Surprisingly, it went well, but half the trip was bogged down with "neccessary" thoughts like: it will end; I will never see these people again; I am human, as are all these people; and they just have no idea. I can't help but wonder how else I could have made the trip special socially. It's hard trying to figure out how best to present yourself, like I tried to be really nice, but at times I could so easily see flaws in this one girl's character (cell-phone/driver girl) that all i could do was contradict her, i guess.
Well...if anybody wants to read my 5 pages long trip report, which I wrote the following night of the trip, I guess I could post it here? or maybe submit it to the archives (how might I do so?) It's like a story, so i was unsure about putting it here.
Any other thoughts, other than?  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Pre-Trip Report: At the Mall [Re: Eschalt]
    #2505995 - 04/01/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

don't trip at the mall

I coulda told you that...

Do something in nature.  The mall is the antithesis of anything natural--a center of consumers ready to spend their fake money for products they don't need.  and full of annoying chicks on cell phones  :lol:

There are a few social events that I would consider tripping at, and the mall and a rollercoaster park are the last...  too bad you chose to do them then.  You could have had a very constructive, beautiful and intense natural trip with 7 grams, instead of a boring, useless, alienated trip.

now you know  :wink:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineEschalt
främling
 User Gallery

Re: Pre-Trip Report: At the Mall [Re: Blastrid]
    #2506084 - 04/01/04 03:41 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

I just want to know what ways it could have been made better. I'm sure everyone who's tripped knows not to do so at the mall, I guess that was more aimed at people (if any) who are considering something similar.

But yeah, the real core of this is: what's the best way to trip socially if you are stuck doing so? And I mean like if there are no other people going up with you. I wouldnt go so far as to call it a useless trip (which ones are?) I can see though that there is no real way to connect with people when you are high up and they are...normal. I wish someone would invent a hippiespeak translator. Or everyone could trip 24/7 Then we would all make perfect sense! A lofty goal?

OfflineEschalt
främling
 User Gallery

#2507463 - 04/01/04 05:24 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Figured I would at least post a piece of what I wrote out...I get into a lot of crap, but I thought this would be the most interesting because It describes what I was able to see (while sitting within the mob of a mall food court).

"...At [the food-court] center was a spectacular display, an actual merry-go-round. This place was like a circus, neon decorations lit up most of the place like a Las Vegas strip. I had trouble focusing on the mushroom?s effects until joining the collective mob within the sea of blue tables."

"The others returned. Some of them wandered to one of the convenient fast food portions of the circus ground. For the first time that night. I pulled my hat down over my eyes. What I saw was most incredible. At first, I tried to focus on a calm sojourn. I noticed how the colors of the mall stayed with me, my eyes closed, but it was quite different than anything I had seen that night. Not only did I see in fractal imagery, I felt within a fractal. My surroundings were fractal. I did not get a clear sense of this green and red and blueness, but it was there and I tried to block out everything but this picture. There were sharp circles, lined up in an endless pattern. It covered my entire imagination. The dream continued. It changed, morphed into a kaleidoscope sky, though two- dimensional. Then an entire landscape appeared, in layers. Each one came into existence above the other so that it existed as its own dream reality, within it?s own strange dimensions. It was something I could only ponder. I placed mushrooms on the rolling hills. They grew out of each other and created mushroom faces, faces as happy as one can be in a place as contradictory as this, where all is chaotic and impossible to control, but ordered in another way that is equally impossible to deny. I focused harder on the dominating redness (it didn?t require much effort). Shapes appeared on the wavy and colorful landscape, they grew outwards, around me in three dimensions. Cylinders slid out from underneath what appeared to be a visual interpretation of language. Words and phrases made up a very alive letter A, and it appeared boldly in the front of my vision, a massive green avatar that only beings outside of existence can comprehend. It soon decayed into a fractal mess. I opened my eyes.
The girls were all in their own world while I was in mine. Whenever we spoke, though, I used the mushrooms to connect. Each attempt was a successful connection. Though our brains were operating on different drugs, we were still stuck in the same basic reality, one which is universal and always active enough to allow communication between worlds, however distant and improbable a concept that may sometimes seem."

Perhaps a bit cliche? ..anyways I was amazed, after reading about how people "see other landscapes" and all that...it was really amazing that this happened to me. I sort of get the feeling that I might not have broken through like that if I had just stayed home and tripped all the same...maybe being mentally alienated can be a good thing. then again maybe it's just me./

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2511649 - 04/01/04 08:53 PM (20 years, 20 hours ago)

Well, perhaps 7 grams was a bit much. I think beauty and energy can be found in almost any setting (or at least self derived meaning, which is beautiful).

I'm pretty sure any 7g trips I take will involve me barely moving, except to drool and make gurgling noises.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2512380 - 04/01/04 09:24 PM (20 years, 20 hours ago)

you tripped at a mall!?!?!?! :lol:

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #2518554 - 04/02/04 10:09 AM (20 years, 7 hours ago)

The mall is the LAST place on earth i would want to be while tripping, next time u should just chill outside somewhere. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Pre-Trip Report: At the Mall [Re: valour]
    #2519416 - 04/02/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

valour said:

barely moving, except to drool and make gurgling noises.

The epitome of a successful 7g trip if you ask me.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Pre-Trip Report: At the Mall [Re: PDU]
    #2519630 - 04/02/04 04:46 PM (20 years, 50 minutes ago)

Bingo!

And AHA! For some reason your sigfile kept coming to mind today, PDU, and I couldn't remember whose it was. Yeehaw, we're havin' biscuits with dinner tonight!

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2519774 - 04/02/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

what's the best way to trip socially if you are stuck doing so?

Well first, don't use your mushrooms when you're stuck doing anything.  Make a date and plan your own day, don't trip when you have prior engagements, or have to do anything you didn't want to do.

Quote:

And I mean like if there are no other people going up with you. 

Well, if there's no one else tripping, I suggest getting a good pair of headphones and a comfy pillow, or a comfy spot on the grass and trip by yourself.  There's nothing worse than feeling alienated and displaced among the 'normals'.  Well, there are worse things, but that sucks when it gets in your head--leads you to a downward spiral.

Quote:

I wouldnt go so far as to call it a useless trip (which ones are?)

That's good. I've had a useless trip before, I felt like I wasted mushrooms and time.  I was on the couch watching stupid ass tv waiting for it to be done. No value whatsoever.  But, relatively, you could've had a profound trip if you weren't in a place such as the mall surrounded by people you describe.

General ways it could have been made better include:
:mushroom2:Go to nature, mushrooms are sacred.
:mushroom2:Get some good tunes and a stereo, or headphones and a walkman.
:mushroom2:If not nature, than the comfort of your own home, or a friends'---surrounded by people who won't fuck with your head, or who are tripping themselves.  If there are sober people, make sure they are respectful, and won't turn on the lights when they're off, or change the music, or just be a dick. There are etiquette rules of tripping in groups. 
:mushroom2: :mushroom2:Most important point: Don't trip when you have to do something you don't want to do.  If you're "Stuck" doing something, save the mushies.  They want you to have introspective time, music time, nature time, not shopping/dumb girl/cell phone/sober people time...

I look forward to hearing about your next trip.  Read up on links in the sticky in this forum, and the FAQ's around the Shroomery. They've got some great suggestions on set/setting, etc.  :yesnod:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineEschalt
främling
 User Gallery

Re: Pre-Trip Report: At the Mall [Re: Blastrid]
    #2520215 - 04/02/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Cool. Thanks, man. I look forward to adding more to the experience. I hope my next trip has as much potential as the mall one, and this time I will do it right!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract