Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesoutherngirl
Female User Gallery

Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk?
    #25190204 - 05/07/18 06:32 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I have some jars (BRF) that are about half colonized. I read somewhere previously that if spawning to bulk in monotubs, the jars don't need to be fully colonized. Now I can't find that post and don't know if it is accurate for BRF. Any info appreciated. I don't want to mess anything up, but if it's safe to take the next step and mix the partially colonized BRF jars with bulk pasteurized substrate in tubs I wanna get it done asap. Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleboom boom

Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: southerngirl]
    #25190214 - 05/07/18 06:34 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

That sounds like a horrible idea.

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: southerngirl] * 1
    #25190217 - 05/07/18 06:36 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

You're going to want to wait until its 100% colonized to spawn it to bulk

--------------------

Wearing a mask is bad for my physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Complying = Consent
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: Just_A_Noob] * 1
    #25190236 - 05/07/18 06:45 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:
You're going to want to wait until its 100% colonized to spawn it to bulk

:whathesaid:

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: Ziran]
    #25190255 - 05/07/18 06:52 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yea,as above stated,you're gonna want them to be fully 100% colonized before spawning to bulk.You may have read somewhere that the consolidation period is not needed,which(if spawning to bulk)is correct.

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Offlineyikeys
Stranger
Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25190536 - 05/07/18 09:11 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I have had some success with spawning grain jars early because they can get dried out in places and stall at 95% or something. Definitely would never spawn anything at 50% though.

Good luck! Try to be patient and don't check on them too often.

Offlinesoutherngirl
Female User Gallery

Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: yikeys]
    #25190856 - 05/08/18 05:04 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

OK. thank you! I kinda figured when I couldn't find ANY mention of taking the next step before full colonization but wanted to make sure. First time doing this solo, in the past my ex did this part.

BTW, what is the difference between storing the jars inside a closed tub to colonize or out on a closet shelf? I've seen it both ways and to be safe against contamination I left mine in a clear tub in a closet with indirect natural sunlight. (Yes I have a weird old apartment with a small window in a closet lol.) But is this slowing it down?

On other topics: if anyone has links to the following pieces of info best for BRF jars going to bulk in tubs I'd be grateful. I've pieced together what I think is best from two dozen different teks but not clear on a few things.

1. Ideal temp for fastest colonization in the jars

2. Best temp for bulk colonization (once I mix it in the tubs)

3. Ratio for how many colonized quart jars to how much verm/Coir substrate (I am using 64 quart tubs)

PS: so far I've exerted uncharacteristic self control and only checked on the jars 3 times in 2.5 weeks. I am trying my best to follow all this great advice!
THANK YOU EVERYBODY

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: southerngirl]
    #25190915 - 05/08/18 06:28 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

The layer of vermiculite inside the cakes is all the protection u need. Putting the jars in tubs is not needed.

And as u already know, crumble your cakes into bulk when they are at 100%.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Invisiblenube424
Male

Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25191207 - 05/08/18 10:10 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

The post u read about uncolonized brf was probably a last ditch effort, or they were talking about the dry Verm not being colonized cuz for some reason some people thinks it's going to colonize. And if u don't know answers to these questions, u should really really read thru bulk grow logs, otherwise I can see it now, ull run into problems with moisture content or fae

Edited by nube424 (05/08/18 11:43 AM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help! How colonized do BRF jars need to be before spawning to bulk? [Re: nube424]
    #25191355 - 05/08/18 11:33 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

1) 75 degrees
2) 75 degrees
3) 4 to 10 quarts pers bucket tek recipe ( 650 grams coir, 2 to 4 quarts of verm and 4.5 - 5.5 quarts of water)

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag