Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Solipsis] * 1
    #25186435 - 05/05/18 06:31 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

They are more likely a mix of a white pheno. There aren't tons of leucistic pins, or that I trust are truly lucy. That touch of beige, I think, being covered by the bruising is causing the effect. Or it could be substrate, idk, the area is ripe with mutants too.

However, there are separate phenos. WVa/MDX style, PNW fat clumpy cluster style, and these broad caps that end up with a pronounced nipple up top. By now all the mycelium I'm sure has mixed. But totally cool traits regardless.

My double bagged paper spawn bags are goofy. The mycelium slowed and it's hard to keep proper water content. I threw in a couple handfuls of shredded paper towel rolls and will add shredded egg carton after breakfast tomorrow.

Despite having plenty to eat, I'd like them to have something easier to eat and move along to. Like a step between leaves and sticks.

I'll finish carving out my walking stick in the next week or two, and should have plenty to add. This species I'm not worried about it capable of eating bark.

We have to expand our planters and start new ones so I'm glad I'll be doing it right this time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adden] * 3
    #25186438 - 05/05/18 06:33 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Solipsis]
    #25186526 - 05/05/18 07:28 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BU4O said:
Wish I have more kinds of woodlover mushroom prints to grow...avidpicker did sent me a ovoid print from his home grown ovoid tubs...unfortunately the print never make it to my mailbox...I have psilocybe allenii(almost ready to go outside)and psilocybe subaeruginosa... Subs are not doing good they are in ceramic pot (outside,garden shade) with wood chips but the mycelium is very slow.

I'm sending out a bunch of international things soon. Send me an address and I'll get some out to you. If they keep getting seized by customs let me know and I can rub some on paper. I've germinated spores off dirty prints on a dirty map kept in a backpack for close to 2 years and was able to clean it up just fine to spawn it.

Quote:

Solipsis said:
Good job replenishing that patch

Thanks. It's funny because none of mine ever really stick, or it hasn't been long enough yet, so I'm pretty sure based on the habitat and the likelihood of it being a project patch of someone else's, that something will come of it.

Some of my spawned places will probably take up to 5 years to be full giant flushes but I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I have seen two wad up into giants just waiting to fruit but then they fade away.

But, I never check any of those places in the fall, so they may very well be fruiting and people picking, which is cool with me. This fall will be 3 years in a lot of spots I'll have to finally take a gander.

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Poison Drink] * 3
    #25187742 - 05/06/18 12:43 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Ps. cyanescens ready for another feeding of wood chips! Will need to start looking around to find a suitable container for outdoors!

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Poison Drink]
    #25187884 - 05/06/18 01:52 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Poison Drink said:
Ps. cyanescens ready for another feeding of wood chips! Will need to start looking around to find a suitable container for outdoors!

Nice going! :mushroom:

I like the combination of eggbox cardboard and woodchips.

I wonder about supplementing some nitrogen source and micronutrients by sandwiching some of it sterilized in between mycelium.

In any case, it's nice and warm over here right now and all my fungi are growing great, from just a couple degrees difference.
My 3 supplemented woodchip bags are going great, soon I'll be able to fill my planter I think. I'm thinking a relatively high amount of courser woodchips mixed with fine woodchips and sawdust.

My question is: how to best approach the soil to cover and microbial life, and what material would be best put under the mycelium.

Vermiculite could be good as a layer to put under the mycelium / spawn mixed with bulk wood substrate, then put potting soil on that?
Would you inoculate the soil by finding some from the right place in nature or with a bit of compost?

I would like to cover with moss to retain the water well, and also grow some plants with shallow rootsystem although I am not sure which would be great for that..
I am also getting the dome like cover for the planter in which I could put polyfilled holes.

Edited by Solipsis (05/06/18 01:54 PM)

InvisibleEyeOnEmitter
Discipulus in campum magnum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #25187958 - 05/06/18 02:44 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

WOW!WOW!NeaT!

--------------------

Human beings did NOT create this ancient site- Petra

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Solipsis] * 1
    #25187990 - 05/06/18 03:07 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I only have some experience with outdoor patches in the woods. This time I would like to grow them on my terrace in bins. I have never done this before, so I'm just thinking out loud about how I could achieve this goal.

I was thinking about growing them in plastic fruit/vegetable bins. They have plenty of air slits and are stackable and shallow. That way I won't lose too much space, and I can unstack them once autumn comes around the corner. I could line these bins with burlap bags, so they won't lose their moisture too fast during summer. A cardboard or burlap cover will hopefully keep them cool enough to happily colonize the rest of the bin. A greater concern will be to keep feeding the mycelium new wood chips up to the moment of fruiting, considering their colonization speed. Or is a period of consolidation advisable?

Maybe I could case or mix it with fresh worm castings. It's full of microbial life and will retain moisture nicely. I'm regularly giving my worms spent coffee grounds, so that will be a good nitrogen source. But wouldn't these bins get 'inoculated' with naturally occurring micro-organisms once they've been outside for a couple of weeks?

Providing a suitable micro-climate by growing some plants in the bins seems like a great idea too! When they've been outdoors for a while, weeds will naturally start growing. On the other hand, it wouldn't be great if the bin got overgrown in no time.. Maybe I could try to grow some moss on the surface, seems fairly easy to accomplish, will provide a nice micro-climate and it won't overgrow.

OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Poison Drink] * 3
    #25188506 - 05/06/18 08:11 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Finally getting pins from an ovoid project patch I made two years ago! :rockon:

--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|

|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

Invisiblebacillus
Very Serious Mushronomer
Male

Loc: Central Europe
    #25188918 - 05/07/18 04:02 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

> A greater concern will be to keep feeding the mycelium new wood chips up to the moment of fruiting, considering their colonization speed. Or is a period of consolidation advisable?

As far as I know, mushrooms fruit when they have exhausted their colonization opportunities. I believe that if you feed them new chips, they won't fruit.

--------------------
Mycelium on agarLet's trade

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: bacillus]
    #25188951 - 05/07/18 04:45 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I think that is only true if you place the new wood chips so that it doesn't have enough time to colonize up to the top layer - which would restrict fruiting. As if you placed a layer of dirt over the patch right before fruiting, basically.

InvisibleEyeOnEmitter
Discipulus in campum magnum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas]
    #25189053 - 05/07/18 07:13 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Love this thread!
Hope to add something to it soon.

--------------------

Human beings did NOT create this ancient site- Petra

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: bacillus] * 1
    #25189328 - 05/07/18 10:05 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bacillus said:
> A greater concern will be to keep feeding the mycelium new wood chips up to the moment of fruiting, considering their colonization speed. Or is a period of consolidation advisable?

As far as I know, mushrooms fruit when they have exhausted their colonization opportunities. I believe that if you feed them new chips, they won't fruit.

Reminds me of the guy about a decade ago who kept feeding his azure patch until it finally ate up his whole yard and property and became so invasive, he moved. The thread is somewhere in MHI. I read it 3 or 4 years ago so it still exists somewhere.

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adden] * 1
    #25189353 - 05/07/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

^ So if anyone can find a link to that it'd be pretty sweet. I'm looking for it but haven't found it yet.

The dude had to move?

The fuck?

Hahaha, dude, I need to find that thread.

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25189372 - 05/07/18 10:32 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adden said:
Quote:

bacillus said:

Reminds me of the guy about a decade ago who kept feeding his azure patch until it finally ate up his whole yard and property and became so invasive, he moved. The thread is somewhere in MHI. I read it 3 or 4 years ago so it still exists somewhere.

What do you mean that it became invasive and he HAD TO MOVE? We need to find that thread!

OfflineBU4O
Weed on ^^
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bulgaria,Plovdiv Flag
    #25189392 - 05/07/18 10:45 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adden said:
Quote:

bacillus said:

This is some crazy ass shit...this is really sick!!! We need to see that!!!

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: BU4O] * 1
    #25189441 - 05/07/18 11:12 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I've got a broken hand doing this as text to speech and editing with s-pen. I'll see what I can find. Guy lived in Astoria I think. Managed to create a massive non-fruiting patch. I remember he said it was killing his grass and eating part of the house.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adden]
    #25189447 - 05/07/18 11:15 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Here's one guy with a similar issue but it's not the one I'm speaking of.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20492021

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adden]
    #25189544 - 05/07/18 12:13 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

You know what I hate about all these Woodlover threads?

It starts out amazing but then the OP suddenly stops updating. :frown:

Thanks Adden for the interesting link even though it wasn't the one.

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas]
    #25189549 - 05/07/18 12:14 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Isn't everything kinda out of season now?

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Asura]
    #25189613 - 05/07/18 12:54 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Depends on what part of the world. Subaeruginosa season is starting down under. Ovoid PNW is still going.. for now. Europe and UK folks are growing but I'm not sure about hunting. I'd assume both.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder