Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline277volt808
Background check came back with a red flag! Help
    #25187944 - 05/06/18 02:33 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I have had many background checks in the past 10 years. Never had a problem until recently. I had a misdemeanor driving on suspended over 12 years ago that I got arrested for. I bailed out, went to court with No contest, paid all the fees, and got it reinstated that week. I thought it was behind me but it came up most recently.

It was for a higher type security job and they needed records on the charge because they said there was no "judgement plea" or details on how the charge was settled- just that there was an old charge.

The charge was so old that the clerk of court that I called couldn't pull anything. They referred me to the state department. The state department had me file a formal request.

Is this a clerical error or what. Hard to get answers from the state department- they seemed bothered to even give me the information on how to file a request.

Should I take it that I have red flags on my background now? Or is it just because it is an higher security type of check?

--------------------
Fav Threads:

Stories from the Psychedelic Underground (dwpineal)

My LSD Trip That Lasted 8 Months (dwpineal)

The "THUMBPRINT" (Learyfan)

I think not to wander so far down the path that we can't find our way back. -Northerner

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: 277volt808] * 3
    #25187964 - 05/06/18 02:48 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

ur prob red flagged for life in the system now and won't be able to get a stable paying job and will have to turn to crime to support yourself. thats how they get you. ur all set kid.

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #25187970 - 05/06/18 02:52 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

My older brother was becoming an officer in the marines and they almost barred him because of a felony on his record from when he was 11 (no lie). Because he was in VA training my mother had to go to the local police department to get the record so it could be cleared but since it was ‘95 they didn’t have the paper records.

Basically from what I can remember my mother had to get them to seal it for him or something. I would see if you can get something to happen based on the fact there’s no record. Also it’s possible it is a clerical error, my brother was like 21 when he was becoming an officer you’d think an arrest from when he was 11 wouldn’t even be there but it was

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #25188132 - 05/06/18 04:37 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

brah, your not really worried about a traffic ticket on your record are you?

Offline277volt808
Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: Ogla]
    #25188254 - 05/06/18 05:48 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

i'm worried that a misdemeanor from over a decade ago is affecting me now. what sucks is I know this is going to take some time to fix. the state dept. automated response was wait 5-10 business days just to send whatever they might have.

--------------------
Fav Threads:

I think not to wander so far down the path that we can't find our way back. -Northerner

Offline277volt808
Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #25188280 - 05/06/18 06:00 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

true. i know people out there have REAL situations with the system. i'll get this sorted it's just a headache I don't need right now. my friend whom I grew up with came into the US when he was 2 with a questionable SS number. He moved up in the same job from high school to his late 20's when he moved. He's had nothing but trouble since. He's been fighting financial and legal battles for the past 8 years. Every time we talk it's another this or another that needed, closer to settling it. Last we spoke it was 10,000 and something about his lawyer away from settling it. I know the rules are the rules but I rarely hear raving stories about the efficiency of the system.

--------------------
Fav Threads:

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: 277volt808]
    #25188281 - 05/06/18 06:00 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

find a number over there that gets an actual person on the phone then ask them how much money its gonna take to make this go away

Offline277volt808
    #25188300 - 05/06/18 06:07 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

exactly. i will make it go away i was wondering if anyone had experience like this

--------------------
Fav Threads:

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.
    #25188307 - 05/06/18 06:10 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I like dates in my fruit salad. :taco::cheers:

Edited by FreeTheSoul (05/06/18 06:15 PM)

OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: FreeTheSoul]
    #25188428 - 05/06/18 07:26 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I like burritos better than tacos.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #25188811 - 05/07/18 01:06 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

what's your misdeamear for bro? if it's been awhile, most places overlook it. honestly,  so many many people have records,  its hard to find employees if they don't overlook some stuff. but then again, you have companies that are rely bias and hate that stuff. what's the job for? just disclose it tell them what you might have. honesty in that situation helps. employers dontlike people teyi g to hide that shit. shows chartacter. also, look for a site to background check yourself so you know what your dealing with

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Background check came back with a red flag! Help [Re: Ogla]
    #25188843 - 05/07/18 01:53 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

No contest is admitting guilt but your going to pay it off. The legal system fucking blows if you can't afford a competent attourney. You can get away with murder in this country with enough money. I got screwed on things i didn't even do and i'm still paying for it. I never even met my attourney. It's a fucking joke.

My dui was 8 years ago. They still want more and more money. Have been grifting me for so long. All though I didn't really do much my friend didn't put his seatbelt on.

He smashes into a pole as i drive across town first. Asks to drive his truck. Well insists. Slides into a pole. I break my nose on his center console. I get out immediately. Oh you can drive again. Ya no i'm gone. Gets picked up. dad pays 5 grand for a lawyer gets off scott free.

That is the american legal system.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Jump to top Pages: 1