Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSHROOMSISAY01
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
YELLOW OYSTER SPAWN?
    #25186864 - 05/06/18 01:59 AM (3 years, 2 days ago)

I bought yellow oyster spawn from a commercial supplier. When it came in it looked very week, so I thought it just needed more time. I let it sit at room temp for another 2 weeks. It looked better but never got white like the elm oyster spawn that I bought at the same time. So I spawned to grain jars to see if I could save it. I also done elm jars at the same time. It has been 8 days elm jars were shook 2 days ago and are almost done. The elm jars look great! The yellow jars, however, are not looking good to me. I am wondering if yellow oyster just have weaker mycelium. I bought from a very reliable supplier, and I would like to know if I need to contact them or if this is just how yellow oysters are. Jar 1 looks very fuzzy on top jar 2 and 3 look better with nice white spots all 3 are taking longer than expected. I think the yellow oyster spawn came in contaminated. I transfered the yellow to an agar plate but it also looks very weak. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebrandwaffle
Country Nerd
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: YELLOW OYSTER SPAWN? [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #25189445 - 05/07/18 01:14 PM (3 years, 18 hours ago)

Those look pretty good to me, though I'm far from an expert.

In my limited experience, the yellow oyster mycelium isn't as tenacious as elm oyster or other Po strains. When I've grown it I've always spawned at a higher rate (aka more spawn per bag) than I use with other oysters. Not sure if it's the weaker mycelium or the need for higher temps, but it definitely feels more like a race against contaminants with yellow oysters.

--------------------
Ask not for whom the waffle burns, it burns for thee.

OfflineBry Bry
Mental
Male

Loc: Somewhere in time Flag
Re: YELLOW OYSTER SPAWN? [Re: brandwaffle]
    #25190005 - 05/07/18 06:35 PM (3 years, 13 hours ago)

Looks like mine. I'm noticing it doesn't have, the "fuller" look of other myc.

OfflineMangowaffle
Stranger

Re: YELLOW OYSTER SPAWN? [Re: Bry Bry]
    #25190672 - 05/08/18 12:41 AM (3 years, 7 hours ago)

Yellow Oyster mycelium can look quite whispy and patchy in both spawn jars and grow bags, those jars look good to me

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms