Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

What's it like to die from opiates?
    #25181026 - 05/03/18 04:10 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

Is it like you just fade out, or just cut to black? Does your body become completely devoid of pain and feeling?

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAstralAurora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere
Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: 404]
    #25181031 - 05/03/18 04:17 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

Ì think it depends on the opiate you take.For example, if you take xanax i guess you are just going to fall asleep and then never wake up.Others may be painful but I am not sure.

--------------------
Cool pictures/art

God is love.God is truth.God is wisdom.God is good.God is Justice.All is God

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: AstralAurora] * 1
    #25181032 - 05/03/18 04:20 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

Xanax is a benzodiazepine which is a completely different class of drug than opiates.

--------------------

Invisiblebrk
Unless...
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
    #25181039 - 05/03/18 04:45 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

I'm certainly no expert, but I believe opiates cause respiratory depression. So in theory you would pass out, stop breathing and die from lack of oxygen to the brain.

Whether that's an uncomfortable experience or not, I don't know.

Just curious. What's the motivation for the question.

--------------------
"To the young it gives a vision of the dead and gone. While the old receive a passion to survive,
and the pattern picks the pockets of the palindrome, before the oscillating rhythm takes to flight..." - Rishloo

OnlinemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: brk]
    #25181103 - 05/03/18 06:02 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

You nod out, basically unconscious, then your breathing becomes more and more shallow until eventually you stop breathing, then your heart stops and brain death occurs.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #25181163 - 05/03/18 07:14 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

That's what i thought. Seems like a pretty painless way to go if you don't get saved or narcan'd at a point where you wake back up brain dead first.

--------------------

Edited by 404 (05/03/18 08:57 AM)

OnlinemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25181284 - 05/03/18 08:48 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

Painless sure, getting it right and making sure you do enough to actually die and not only semi-veg is another story.  This is not the place to be researching ways to kill yourself man.  Please call a counseling line.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #25181300 - 05/03/18 08:58 AM (3 years, 7 days ago)

No, you're right. Google has more information about that.

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: 404] * 1
    #25182712 - 05/03/18 09:59 PM (3 years, 7 days ago)

I'm always amazed how many drug users want to be high when they die.

The desire to be high when you die is like the desire to be high when you're alive.

- - - avoidance

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #25183027 - 05/04/18 01:06 AM (3 years, 6 days ago)

Depends on how much you overdose by and how hard your body fights it. If you take the very minimum lethal dose and your body does everything possible to keep you alive, including vomiting and jump start breathing... Well I think it needless to say it won't be a pleasant way to go.

I've already had 2 major ODs and if I had to choose how I'd die I think I'd try just about any other way. There's also a very high chance you don't die from an OD and instead suffer permanent damage. Paralysis and brain damage is not unheard of with overdose, especially the sort that involves cutting oxygen from the brain.

404 I love you bro :hug: please don't be stupid

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#25183036 - 05/04/18 01:22 AM (3 years, 6 days ago)

404 I've always valued you as a poster and a member on the boards. I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from a stranger, but having gone through some suicidal episodes myself recently I hope that you can find some other ways to move forward. I'm certainly glad I did..

<3

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25183786 - 05/04/18 12:39 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

you just black out you don't feel a thing it's beautiful
having a threshold OD would be pure torture though

OnlinemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: 404] * 3
    #25184853 - 05/04/18 10:25 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

Please seek help.  People obviously care about you and your well-being.  If a bunch of random strangers on the internet are saying it, it has to hold true for the people who are in your life.  It's also very selfish and unfair to not consider what you will put them through if you decide to go down this route.  The scars it will leave behind will be deep and life long.  Please call the support lines again and continue to seek help and let us know if we can do anything to assist.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

#25192420 - 05/08/18 10:46 PM (3 years, 2 days ago)

I have been clean from heroin for awhile now and somehow managed to not overdose, only ever kind of fell out, whatever language you want to use.

That being said, I have seen a lot of people overdose and die. I have seen more overdose and come back. Every single time wasn't exactly the same though most were pretty similar.

First, I didn't know if they were just nodded out, passed out, fell out. At some point, their jaw clenches. Color starts to fade. You know someone is about to die from an overdose once their breathing changes from shallow, hard to hear to the gurgling, desperate sound --the body fighting for something the conscious mind isn't aware of -- the "death rattle", if you will. 

Rarely, there was foaming at the mouth, seizures. This was the exception rather than the rule, in my experience. The breathing is what I can never get out of my mind.

My best friend, the guy I always called my brother, was found in 2011. He didn't just drift off. He was on life support for days. He always used to say to me that if something happened to him that I'd be the only one who would show up. I saw his family, his friends, people he had no idea still cared at the hospital tortured watching him in that hospital bed knowing that he'd never fully be back and if he did come back, there'd be nothing mentally left of him. I will never forget the way it felt to come to the group decision to take him off of life support.

We found a female friend of mine, five days later after she overdosed and died, behind a locked door. I can't even describe that experience, not properly. I'm sure you can imagine. We would have looked for her sooner, we would have reached out but she never said to anyone that she wasn't okay so we didn't know until it was way too late.

Even when we think we're alone, there is someone who finds us when we die. Someone who could find us if we stay alive. Maybe it feels like all hope is lost. If he, or she, or any of the other people I know that are dead now -- intentional overdose death or unintentional -- had gotten help instead, they could be somewhere different now. A different place in life that doesn't feel so dark and alone. None of them have the chance to do that anymore. Everyone deserves a chance, no matter how many times that chance has been given, no matter what someone has done. Everyone can give themselves that chance even if it's as simple as just doing what you can to make sure you wake up in the morning and make it through the day.

Some days I think about what would have happened if I died, all of those times when I probably should have. I used to the extreme and usually alone with no one around to save me if something did happen. I wonder about those moments where an overdose death seemed like the best solution to a miserable existence. & I think about how I feel waking up now, how I feel even just walking down the street listening to a good song, that hot shower. If I had lost all of the possibility of another chance, of a new life, of all of the shittyness but all of the beauty, the endless possibility... I am so grateful that I didn't regardless of how dark it got.

There's always a chance that things will get better if you don't give up.

I don't know what you're going through but from my experience, people don't usually ask this question with healthy intentions behind it. Please reach out to someone if you need to talk. You are not alone.

Check your PMs. Much love, friend.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

InvisibleLIBERTYNY
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What's it like to die from opiates? [Re: keyohnah]
    #25198589 - 05/12/18 12:19 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

The foaming of the mouth and gurgling sounds is actually the victim chocking on their own vomit, Which is a very common way for opiate and alchool overdoses to die.

I OD twice on herion both times I dont rember anything except waking up in a hospital, they hit me with narcan on the scene and I woke up but cant rember it.

Edited by LIBERTYNY (05/12/18 12:21 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being