Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
house party
    #2515880 - 04/02/04 12:12 AM (20 years, 10 hours ago)

so my friends are throwing this house party, like they do every other week or so, with a couple kegs.. except this time we invited a shit load of people, and there is three bands playing.. my band being one of them. This will be our first gig thats in a house and not in a club environment, but I think it's going to go well. We're preparing for ultimate chaos, as we're expecting about 100-150 people to show up.. but trying to keep it orderly.. we have a few big bouncers and whatnot.

anyone have good suggestions for NOT drawing the cops? we're taking major precautions, like having most of the cars park on a side street (as the house is on a well-travelled road)..not letting people go outside unless they are leaving, checking IDs only serving to 21+ people, etc.. what's best to maximize fun while minimizing chance of cops showing up?

Noise shouldnt be much of a problem since the bands are playing in the basement and you cant even hear it from the road with cars driving. But yeah our main concern is avoiding cops, and regulating that people dont tear the house down..we're gonna stick most of the people in the basement with the kegs.. but yeah.. just wondering if anyone has tips or suggestions.

sorry for the stoned rambling..

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: house party [Re: Shroomism]
    #2517960 - 04/02/04 03:50 AM (20 years, 6 hours ago)

150-200 people in a basement!  What kind of concrete bunker do you have built down there?
If it's a basement like I'm thinkin' of a basement, then that will be complete and utter madness  :spliff:

Depending on the area, you may want to clear the party with residents who live close by, should having a large flux of people around bother anyone living within close proximity.  Other than that it sounds like it's going to be a hell of a time or at least an interesting time for however long it lasts  :cool:

sorry for the stoned rambling..

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2517964 - 04/02/04 03:59 AM (20 years, 6 hours ago)

sounds like you have things well covered, if noise is not an issue and you have a no one goes outside policy the only thing that could cause attention is if someone gets too wasted and plows a car into some ones house or something.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisibleshriek

#2517969 - 04/02/04 04:06 AM (20 years, 6 hours ago)

be strict, me and some friends threwed up a party a summer a few years ago where everything went bad from fighting to things gettin destroyed , no cops tho so the next time we did it one month later we hired in a motorcycle club to check everything was going smooth and everything went smooth. whenever something was about to happen these bikers fixed it in notime

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: house party [Re: shriek]
    #2518074 - 04/02/04 06:00 AM (20 years, 4 hours ago)

When is it I would like to attend :smile:  Im a metal guitarist (master of puppets and Holy wars are my roots)and drummer double bass, blast beats, hardcore groove, Im on p0int :smile: , not to mention into new age philosophy guy too. But heres the deal if theres alcohol in the house thats opened and also ANYONE under 21 in the house or on the property drinking when the cops get there its going to be a bad sceene.

I had a big party and the cops showed up and said "We know you dont have any underage drinking in there, so we dont want to have to show up again and take a look around inside so keep it down"

In otherwords they knew there was underage drinking going on right then and there and they would have busted me but they gave me a second chance which was cool. But yea be careful.

Security is tough, we had to tell some people they were not welcome at the party and reluctently they left, but it got wierd for a minute. I think if your tight with the other bands you can use you 15 guys as a team to be a hub of friends that will be there if some shit goes down.

And if you invited that many people the cops already know about the party.

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: house party [Re: Scolecite]
    #2518079 - 04/02/04 06:07 AM (20 years, 4 hours ago)

Let me repeat, even if you check ID's or say you checked them you still can't have anyone under 21 in the HOUSE where the alohol is being consumed. Thats why you have to get liquor liscense.

Invisibledwarves475
Ridin' Dirty

#2518098 - 04/02/04 06:20 AM (20 years, 3 hours ago)

cops around me a pretty cool , if they have no indication that people are getting stoned or using other illicit drugs...so just keep that on the DL

--------------------
Dont Float The Mainstream.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: house party [Re: dwarves475]
    #2518429 - 04/02/04 09:21 AM (20 years, 52 minutes ago)

in my area it is very common for cops to sit outside big parties and pull people over as they leave to get DUIs.

Also, don't forget that if someone leaves your house drunk and kills/injures someone or damages public property with their vehicle you are held partly responsible on the notion that you should not have let said person leave your place fucked up.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: house party [Re: debianlinux]
    #2518582 - 04/02/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

debianlinux said:
in my area it is very common for cops to sit outside big parties and pull people over as they leave to get DUIs.

Also, don't forget that if someone leaves your house drunk and kills/injures someone or damages public property with their vehicle you are held partly responsible on the notion that you should not have let said person leave your place fucked up.

Yup, thats why we have our parties out in the boonies as 'campouts'. Just make sure you see what state people are in when they're leaving  :yesnod:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: house party [Re: geokills]
    #2518880 - 04/02/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yeah... we are going to be strict as hell.. there will be designated drivers for most drunk people.. the rest of them we are going to make them stay for a while after. We have at least 15-20 people to keep things in line if people get out of hand..

We are sticking most of the people in the basement (about 100).. it's pretty big.. and it's ALL concrete.. so they can't destroy anything except for themselves :wink:

and yeah we are telling the neighbors beforehand.. but we're still not going to let people hang out outside.. but ja... this is in Northern Va.. and I have to leave to start prearing in about 30 minutes.. thanks for the advice everyone  :spliff:

I should be back much later tonight with info on how it went and pictures tomorrow  :stoned:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2518911 - 04/02/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Enjoy brother, play good!

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: house party [Re: Ripple]
    #2518917 - 04/02/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks mang! It's gonna be killer..

Are the rumors true.. I hear Spiffy and I will be picking you up for the Ohio Gathering? That's going to be awesome.. I look forward to meeting you! :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2518965 - 04/02/04 12:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah she pm's me the other day :smile: Very cool of you guys to offer!!!!!!  :heart:

im weighing the path of least resistance right now cause going to Ohio via DC from NY (although sounds like a blast being with you guys) is a bit of a long haul and im not sure i could time my arrival there to catch you guys.

Having said that, yeah it's going to be great and you never know?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: house party [Re: Ripple]
    #2520684 - 04/03/04 02:21 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

awesome  :laugh:

well the show tonight was great...

...but I left my fucking wallet at the table on IHOP afterwards, and it didn't get turned into lost and found. I think the busboy might have taken it but they have no way of checking the cameras until morning manager comes in.. I cannot fucking believe it. .I had just cashed my paycheck and had my rent money and all the money I needed to get emissions, inspection, and renew tags.. and now it's all fucking gone.. goddamnit!! two weeks pay.. over 400 bucks..poof gone.. with my driver's license, SSCard, and a ton of other stuff.. and now I'm fucked for rent, food and gas for the next two+ weeks :mad: :mad2: :crazy: :sad: :sad: :sad:  :crying:

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

#2520796 - 04/03/04 04:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Its just a spiritual lesson about loss. You dont really need those things. Just like in Mutant Message Downunder, they burned all her clothes, jewlery, wallet, CC, DL, the whole gambit.

You just needed to learn a lesson about loss, and that it didnt change anything about YOU.

Wherever you go(or however much money you have in your wallet, IF you even have a wallet), there you are.

Offlinesolidshroom
ShiggityShiggity Shwa

Loc: Far Frozen North
    #2520885 - 04/03/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I HATE people that go to a house party and jack shit. Me and my firend threw a house party, gave away a lot of free booze and like 700 dollars worth of his shit got jacked. It just pisses me off how people go to a party, drink all the free booze, messs up the house, have a blast, than on top of that rob you blind.

Just rambling... but yeah i hate how people do that, and i hate how theres people that jsut go to parties to jack shit.

--------------------

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: house party [Re: solidshroom]
    #2520915 - 04/03/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

he left his wallet on the table at IHOP not at the party. Did you even read his post?

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2520936 - 04/03/04 07:17 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

oh man shroomism, deposit that well-earned dough in a bank account, or stick it in your mattress or something!! i'm guilty of carrying my cash around too

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: house party [Re: Scolecite]
    #2521363 - 04/03/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yeah about that.. I went to the bank to open an account the second I got the money.. but as explained in a previous post the social security office gave my number to someone else so I was unable to open an account until I fixed that, which was yesterday.

I wish I could say it was JUST a spiritual lesson in loss, as I've been experiencing them repeatedly, over and over and over. My whole life has been a "spiritual lesson in material loss", and it's not like I am soo upset about losing 400 bucks and my license and crap.. it's just a MAJOR pain in the ass. It's even expected at this point.. the past two weeks have been pretty good for me, I had to muck it up somehow. I'm just really good at setting myself back when I am making progress.

Anyways, I guess something good came of it.. the whole show was a major success until the end when some belligerant drunken fools (who live there) made a big scene. The other bands that played were awesome.. and there was a lot of cool people that showed up. It was a good scene going on in the basement, I met with a bunch of local metal bands that just showed up to party, and we talked about arranging some future shows... and there was even a producer from a local studio who got paid to go to our party and scout for new bands. He asked me for some contact info, and I gave it, and he said he was going to make us rich, or something.. he was pretty drunk by the end.. but hopefully that makes up for the wallet :wink:
and no I'm not signing any contracts without an entertainment lawyer. sheesh.

So basically.. the universe is balanced once again or something. But I'm still pissed. Because as much as I don't care about these "material possessions" like license, SScard, money, etc. I absolutely NEED them to function in this modern society in the DC metro area. Believe me, I learned the hardest way possible.

--------------------

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #2523135 - 04/03/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

is there any way to make your money back?

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder