Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungiCurious
Information Sponge
I'm a teapot
Liquid germination on agar?
    #25176082 - 04/30/18 05:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

So this just doesn't look right. It happened with my last batch of pasty plates too. I'm thinking it's either because I'm PCing them too long or because I spray a little iso on the paper towel square covering the ge hole. Anyways, the inoculation points on all of my plates have this white looking liquid where the spores are germinating.

Thoughts?

--------------------
Remember... It's not whether the glass is half-full nor half-empty, but that it is always refillable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemyceliups
Builder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philthadelphia
Re: Liquid germination on agar? [Re: FungiCurious]
    #25176085 - 04/30/18 05:47 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

bacteria

Offlinemisterswisher
Stranger
    #25176093 - 04/30/18 05:49 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Im not too educated with agar, but are all the dishes that look like that from the same syringe?

Have you let any of them sit for a while? like after inoculating

I feel like its bacteria, but i could be wrong.

That doesn't look like myc tho

Offlinemisterswisher
Stranger
Re: Liquid germination on agar? [Re: myceliups]
    #25176095 - 04/30/18 05:50 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

beat me to it lol.

OfflineFungiCurious
Information Sponge
I'm a teapot
Re: Liquid germination on agar? [Re: misterswisher]
    #25176145 - 04/30/18 06:12 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Bacteria is what I thought too, but it smells just fine. The plates shot with the pe ms aren't doing it just the amazonians. No issues with ms to grain though from the same syringe. It's only when put to the agar.

--------------------
Remember... It's not whether the glass is half-full nor half-empty, but that it is always refillable.

OfflineDr. Freeman
An agent of Order
Male

Loc: Midgard
Re: Liquid germination on agar? [Re: misterswisher]
    #25176153 - 04/30/18 06:17 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Not a PC issue, that is simply not mycelium.
Try BRF with that syringe.
BRF tends to be more resistant to bacteria.
Give that MS to grain a little time before you call it a victory.
Some bacteria might be hiding there.

OfflineFungiCurious
Information Sponge
I'm a teapot
Re: Liquid germination on agar? [Re: Dr. Freeman]
    #25176234 - 04/30/18 07:01 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Freeman said:
Not a PC issue, that is simply not mycelium.
Try BRF with that syringe.
BRF tends to be more resistant to bacteria.
Give that MS to grain a little time before you call it a victory.
Some bacteria might be hiding there.

I just spawned 4 100% colonized jars to bulk that were from the same syringe. Though they were inoculated before my last two agar runs. Perhaps the needle on the syringe has something in it? I just don't see how the syringe could have become contaminated... I inoculate straight to the agar without piercing the micropore tape, flame and wipe the needle after every couple of plates/before storing the syringe and needle, and keep them in the fridge.

--------------------

Invisibleboom boom

#25176257 - 04/30/18 07:10 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FungiCurious said:
Bacteria is what I thought too, but it smells just fine. The plates shot with the pe ms aren't doing it just the amazonians. No issues with ms to grain though from the same syringe. It's only when put to the agar.

It's absolutely bacteria. Flame between every plate, and don't wipe it afterwards. It's sterile coming out of the flame. Wiping it afterwards can only make it less sterile.

Edited by boom boom (04/30/18 07:13 PM)

OfflineFungiCurious
Information Sponge
I'm a teapot
Re: Liquid germination on agar? [Re: boom boom]
    #25176729 - 04/30/18 10:54 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Would my next step then be, to pc the needle, flame it, inoculate new plates, and then see if it happens again? If so, then toss the ms?

--------------------

Offlinemisterswisher
Stranger
    #25176737 - 04/30/18 10:56 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'd say your better knocking up a grain jar, and using the myc from it on the agar, or a clone from a fruit.

I wouldn't bother trying to use a multi spore syringe with agar, because its just water squirted on spores in potentially open air. There's definitely some bacteria mixed in with your spores.

The added water can make things messy too.

Invisibleboom boom

#25176948 - 05/01/18 02:14 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FungiCurious said:
Would my next step then be, to pc the needle, flame it, inoculate new plates, and then see if it happens again? If so, then toss the ms?

You don't need to pc the needle. Flaming it does the trick. Contams happen no matter how sterile you are. All you can do is limit how often it happens. I'd try a brf puck. That's where I had the best luck getting germination, and it's contam resistant. Read this.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24806929#24806929

OfflineFungiCurious
Information Sponge
I'm a teapot
Re: Liquid germination on agar? [Re: boom boom]
    #25177512 - 05/01/18 10:07 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

boom boom said:
Quote:

FungiCurious said:

You don't need to pc the needle. Flaming it does the trick. Contams happen no matter how sterile you are. All you can do is limit how often it happens. I'd try a brf puck. That's where I had the best luck getting germination, and it's contam resistant. Read this.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24806929#24806929

^ That's awesome, and thank you for sharing! I'm definitely going to give it a try. When I went to noc up some new plates this morning I saw a little green bastard swirling around in the syringe, I was able to expel it from the syringe, but im pretty sure the syringe is f'd. I'm going to get a few brf pucks made up today and use the tek you shared. The end goal is to get few LI syringes made up for my next run, and this seems like the best option to still get some use out of my ms syringe instead of tossing it. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder