Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInocybe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Spain
Re: Coprinus comatus indoor & outdoor (Pics) [Re: Spindlymass]
    #25821031 - 02/18/19 01:56 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

if you sterilize it you'll need to be careful inoculating, using proper sterile technique i guess. As long as the casing is pasteurized/unpasteurized it would be OK I think, similar to wine cap, where sterilized substrate needs microbiological soil/casing to fruit. I think you could sterilize your substrate and apply pasteurized/unpasteurized casing, and maybe soaking a handful of soil on water, filtering and then add that water to wet the casing to add microorganisms that could trigger fruiting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpindlymass
wafer thin.
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Coprinus comatus indoor & outdoor (Pics) [Re: Inocybe]
    #25821113 - 02/18/19 02:47 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'll give it a try. Good idea on the soil soak water. 
:offthehook:

--------------------
enough knowledge to get into trouble. Not nearly enough to get out again.

InvisibleAndyHinton

Re: Coprinus comatus indoor & outdoor (Pics) [Re: Inocybe]
    #26657769 - 05/08/20 03:45 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Bumping this thread with my own updates on an indoor shaggy mane grow. Along with Humble Newcomer's thread, we can collect the scant information in a few good threads.

I revived a tube on a plate and grew that out until I could inoculate malt extract broth. I inoculated about 25 mL broth (same container as my plates but no agar) and let it grow for about two weeks.

Then I inoculated my standard recipe (100g coir : 30g wheat bran) at a rate of about 8 mL/pint. That was on 2020-04-27. Right now all four pints are incubating well at room temperature underneath a lamp. They look ready to put into fruiting conditions next week.

I'll probably flood the cakes and refrigerate them overnight, then put them in a tub. I'll take pics when they're ready. I wonder if shaking containers after inoculating them, as I did, is a bad idea in general. Disrupting the exponential curve like that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix