Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Difficult to see surface conditions after dunking bulk. [Re: flyhighfunguy]
    #25160470 - 04/23/18 05:34 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Naw he's saying that dude above doesn't need to put his sub in a mono or let it dry out like he's asking but keep it in the same general conditions it was in prior

You're good flying. Just mist when you think you should

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCybin_man
Circle the Wagons

Loc: In the bathroom
Re: Difficult to see surface conditions after dunking bulk. [Re: Enkidu]
    #25160481 - 04/23/18 05:37 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
mushrooms + my morning jacket = awesome https://youtu.be/xkY4isMi2Zc

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Difficult to see surface conditions after dunking bulk. [Re: Mad Season]
    #25160694 - 04/23/18 07:06 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mad Season said:
I always keep the surface glistening at all times if I can. This includes post dunked flushes. There's really no set misting schedule. Just mist when dry. Shine a flashlight onto the sub if you are having trouble seeing the glistening. Ya need a bright light for there to be glistening.

Damn now im confused :confused: This was my initial understanding, that i should mist whenever there arent little beads of moisture just like during the first flush. But i decided not to mist because of what the other users said.

So i should still be trying to maintain beads of moisture on the surface? I want to make sure im not messing things up now :confused: So far the idea ive been getting from this thread is that after dunking i should basically be able to not touch this thing at all until harvest day, unless it starts getting overly dry signified by a lighter brown color in the coir.

In order for there to be little beads of moisture i probably need to mist like 2-3 times a day like during the first flush. Should i just continue that?

These are pictures from today, about 8 days after dunking:

Edited by flyhighfunguy (04/23/18 07:13 PM)

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25160807 - 04/23/18 07:58 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

You mist when they look like they need it. Yours currently looks like it could use a couple squirts. It doesn't necessarily need to be covered in beads.. That moreso applies to the first flush. Just needs to be moist looking with no pooling water is the best way to describe it. If it doesn't look like it's glistening/shimmering with no pooling water, it needs to be misted.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25160816 - 04/23/18 08:01 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I always mist as mentioned to create good surface conditions, plus it's extra water for fruits anyway.

You can choose not to mist and it will produce.

You can mist and it will produce.

Either way it will produce.

Misting never hurts unless it's done too much.

At the same time, misting less can also give fruits.

Therefore anything you have a range for misting that is going to be acceptable and produce fruits.

You don't want it too wet and don't want it too dry. Those create the extremes with limits on each end where everything between is acceptable. Everything in between those two limits is fine.

So when he said you can leave it and it will be fine he was correct. When someone else said they would mist it they are also fine to do so. Because both scenarios fall within the extremes of too dry or too wet which would hurt the grow.

I hope this clears it up.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Difficult to see surface conditions after dunking bulk. [Re: Enkidu]
    #25162300 - 04/24/18 12:33 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:
I always mist as mentioned to create good surface conditions, plus it's extra water for fruits anyway.

You can choose not to mist and it will produce.

You can mist and it will produce.

Either way it will produce.

Misting never hurts unless it's done too much.

At the same time, misting less can also give fruits.

Therefore anything you have a range for misting that is going to be acceptable and produce fruits.

You don't want it too wet and don't want it too dry. Those create the extremes with limits on each end where everything between is acceptable. Everything in between those two limits is fine.

So when he said you can leave it and it will be fine he was correct. When someone else said they would mist it they are also fine to do so. Because both scenarios fall within the extremes of too dry or too wet which would hurt the grow.

I hope this clears it up.

Alright yea that makes sense. It sounds like as long as I don't go overboard with it then misting could only be beneficial. Ill probably start misting them again then.

Thanks

Edited by flyhighfunguy (04/24/18 12:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom