Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: SGFC Questions an feedback [Re: jeezy1021]
    #25161498 - 04/24/18 02:33 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jeezy1021 said:
I have a smaller 32 q tub with no holes I could throw some perlite in there is that an option

Just so you know A TON on new growers have built their SGFC to the specs and still their cakes are drying out too fast or are overly wet.

I have tried the "alternative method" with 32L tubs and it works great, really anything wet inside a tub will create proper humidity in an unmodified tub.
You could even cram in a lot of cakes inside an unmodified tub or a shoe box and the cakes themselves will evaporate off the needed humidity in the chamber.

SGFC works when you know how to maintain proper micro climate at all times, but most beginners actually have much better success with spawning BRF cakes to bulk or fruiting the cakes in another FC like the one I proposed.

This topic is kind of sensitive and I might get shit for giving you this advice but like I said don´t take peoples word for it, test it out for yourself and see what works best for you. GL

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: SGFC Questions an feedback [Re: Mateja]
    #25161505 - 04/24/18 02:40 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Quote:

jeezy1021 said:
I have a smaller 32 q tub with no holes I could throw some perlite in there is that an option

Just so you know A TON on new growers have built their SGFC to the specs and still their cakes are drying out too fast or are overly wet.

I have tried the "alternative method" with 32L tubs and it works great, really anything wet inside a tub will create proper humidity in an unmodified tub.
You could even cram in a lot of cakes inside an unmodified tub or a shoe box and the cakes themselves will evaporate off the needed humidity in the chamber.

SGFC works when you know how to maintain proper micro climate at all times, but most beginners actually have much better success with spawning BRF cakes to bulk or fruiting the cakes in another FC like the one I proposed.

This topic is kind of sensitive and I might get shit for giving you this advice but like I said don´t take peoples word for it, test it out for yourself and see what works best for you. GL

check it mateah. not to much yet but yep it seems a lot less dry.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25103564/page/2

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Offlinejeezy1021
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25161506 - 04/24/18 02:40 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

just got back from working i didnt mist or fan for8 or so hours came back to condensation an a shit ton of growth on my 2 previous cakes there coming along i guess will post pics in the morning 

NEW QUESTION : seeing condensation on my walls after 8 hours no fanning or misting is good right >?

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
Re: SGFC Questions an feedback [Re: jeezy1021]
    #25161510 - 04/24/18 03:12 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jeezy1021 said:
just got back from working i didnt mist or fan for8 or so hours came back to condensation an a shit ton of growth on my 2 previous cakes there coming along i guess will post pics in the morning 

NEW QUESTION : seeing condensation on my walls after 8 hours no fanning or misting is good right >?

Means the internal temp is warmer than the outside of it
causing condensation.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

Re: SGFC Questions an feedback [Re: Ziran]
    #25161536 - 04/24/18 03:32 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I never fan my sgfc

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

#25161538 - 04/24/18 03:33 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ziran said:
Quote:

Mateah said:
Quote:

jeezy1021 said:

check it mateah. not to much yet but yep it seems a lot less dry.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25103564/page/2

As I was trying to say, ANY fruiting chamber other than SGFC will work great for cakes for beginners, and why even bother drilling holes when you can grow cakes in shoeboxes or unmodified tubs? :shrug:

Trying to keep it as simple as possible and as little maintanence as possible. With my setup you don´t even have to mist AT ALL...

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Edited by Mateja (04/24/18 03:34 AM)

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

Re: SGFC Questions an feedback [Re: Ama420]
    #25161539 - 04/24/18 03:33 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleMateja

#25161544 - 04/24/18 03:38 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ama420 said:
Quote:

Ama420 said:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20195542#20195542

You need to read

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

#25161545 - 04/24/18 03:42 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

If done properly, even beginners can have great yields in sgfc. There are always alternative. I mist 2 times a day, the only maintenance my chamber requires. The chamber needs to be built to spec though. It doesnt matter what chamber you use, your surface conditions are what give you results. You can grow them on your kitchen counter in open air, just takes a lot of misting. Fanning is outdated. Those cakes need to glisten, keep a fine mist of droplets on them.

No mateah, talking to OP

--------------------

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

#25161547 - 04/24/18 03:48 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23999053

Everyone needs to read this!!

Use a chamber best for your needs, the surface conditions are most important!!

--------------------

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

#25161551 - 04/24/18 03:50 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
    #25161554 - 04/24/18 03:53 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

ive grown some good cakes in a sgfc as well. OPs problem is he doesnt have a built to spec chamber lol. its a simple fix really.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

InvisibleMateja

#25161559 - 04/24/18 04:00 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

The point is that that I have been watching newbs fail with mini substrates inside SGFC for years. If you know how to maintain proper surface conditions you can make it work
inside a SGFC, open air, on a kitchen top, on the floor under your bed, on your grandmas ballsack so on and so forth. :eatingout:
But when you have very low RH in your grow area and you place mini substrates inside a tub that has 500-1000 holes in it then you can expect running into problems if you´re not on your game.

But with the methods I´ve mentioned you dont even have to mist and you can grow in an area that is at 0%(zero)RH.
Minimal maintenence, minimal risk of failure.. All the best cake grows on this forum have been fruited in something other than a SGFC, do you think it´s a coincidence?

My mission here is to make sure that new growers have maximum chance of success that´s why I was a big proponent of spawning cakes instead of fruiting them inside the SGFC,
just look around and see how much bigger success growers are having with spawning cakes instead of placing them in the shotgun.

At the end of the day I´m just looking to show people how they can make their Pf Tek grows more effective with less chance of failure and with less maintenence. :crazy2:

These BRF cakes were grown in a room with 0% RH, I misted 3 times between birth and second flush but I really didn´t need to mist at all.

Can you do this with a SGFC in 0% RH?

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

#25161561 - 04/24/18 04:02 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ziran said:
ive grown some good cakes in a sgfc as well. OPs problem is he doesnt have a built to spec chamber lol. its a simple fix really.

:rockon:

--------------------

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

#25161566 - 04/24/18 04:08 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
The point is that that I have been watching newbs fail with mini substrates inside SGFC for years. If you know how to maintain proper surface conditions you can make it work
inside a SGFC, open air, on a kitchen top, on the floor under your bed, on your grandmas ballsack so on and so forth. :eatingout:
But when you have very low RH in your grow area and you place mini substrates inside a tub that has 500-1000 holes in it then you can expect running into problems if you´re not on your game.

But with the methods I´ve mentioned you dont even have to mist and you can grow in an area that is at 0%(zero)RH.
Minimal maintenence, minimal risk of failure.. All the best cake grows on this forum have been fruited in something other than a SGFC, do you think it´s a coincidence?

My mission here is to make sure that new growers have maximum chance of success that´s why I was a big proponent of spawning cakes instead of fruiting them inside the SGFC,
just look around and see how much bigger success growers are having with spawning cakes instead of placing them in the shotgun.

At the end of the day I´m just looking to show people how they can make their Pf Tek grows more effective with less chance of failure and with less maintenence. :crazy2:

These BRF cakes were grown in a room with 0% RH, I misted 3 times between birth and second flush but I really didn´t need to mist at all.

Talking about 0%rh but you have damp material in the bottom of your chamber? :laugh2:

I never worry about humidity, no matter what it is i have been able to fruit

Surface conditions, surface conditions, SURFACE CONDITIONS

--------------------

InvisibleYesum
Furry as Fuc
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Part of Town
    #25161569 - 04/24/18 04:10 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:

If i was gonna grow cakes. Ive been around enough to know Mateah has put in the actual time and experience with these new hybrid chambers. 110% he knows his shit and cake makers would do good to listen. "Proof is in the pics".

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

#25161571 - 04/24/18 04:14 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ama420 said:

Talking about 0%rh but you have damp material in the bottom of your chamber? :laugh2:

I never worry about humidity, no matter what it is i have been able to fruit

Surface conditions, surface conditions, SURFACE CONDITIONS

If you pay a little more attention you will notice that I´m talking about the RH in the grow area. If you know anything about the SGFCis that it doesnt work that well in an area of 0% RH. And please stop with these things like laughing and trying to oneup and what not. This is a serious discussion and lets be informative.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleMateja

#25161573 - 04/24/18 04:17 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ziran said:
problem is he doesnt have a built to spec chamber lol. its a simple fix really.

Building a SGFC and having to mist all the time is simpler than placing cakes inside a tub and not having to mist at all?
From what perspective is this a better alternative than that which I´m proposing? Plus you don´t run the risk of the cakes drying out and you can even leave town for a few days.

Try leaving town for a few days when you have a SGFC and very low RH in the grow area..

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleYesum
Furry as Fuc
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Part of Town
    #25161577 - 04/24/18 04:24 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Surface conditions is sorta moot on a cake aint it. To some degree no it aint. I get thst. Thst write up is Awsome. For bulk subs. Cakes. :bongload::shrug: moot sooo much. :rofl:Sorry. I laugh at my own jokes :facepalm:

To be a slave to the chamber. :facepalm3:Lol. Innovation. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooo lol

--------------------

Edited by Yesum (04/24/18 04:31 AM)

OfflineAma420
Thickems
Male User Gallery

#25161580 - 04/24/18 04:30 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

The mushrooms are not growing outside the chamber. What is in the chamber is most important. Humidity in the chamber can change all the time. My properly built sgfc i mist 2 times a day, i work over 80 hrs a week and still can maintain that.

My apologies though for being cocky and amused. Back to the main focus

I was simply looking at the OP on the sgfc, i see your alternative and how it is less maintenance. My point was the OP sgfc was not built properly

The sgfc is my strong point, i have had no failure on it.it is not for everyone, and there are plenty of alternatives...

But all said and done, anybody that cultivates can modify thwir chamber to their growing needs, what is happening in the chamber is the main focus. Surface conditions are crucial, the chamber needs to suite thw grower and how much maintenance they want to put into the grow...

Who is to say one chamber is better or best depwnds on how much the grower wants to do

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix