Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAstralAurora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere
Best dose for self therapy?
    #25159173 - 04/23/18 02:52 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

What do you guys think is the best dose that you can take for reflection of your own life and fixing certain issues.I am asking since I herd Mckenna say that at high doses the mushrooms show you ''hyper dimensional'' stuff and try to get you into their agenda rather than help you with your issues.But at the same time I have herd many stories of people fixing addictions, traumas and etc etc...But at what dose?Does it have to be high or low enough so you don't experience ego death?

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong category.

--------------------
Cool pictures/art

God is love.God is truth.God is wisdom.God is good.God is Justice.All is God

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAvedya
Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: AstralAurora]
    #25159217 - 04/23/18 04:05 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

John Hopkins University for Medicine carried out a study asking a similar question: Psilocybin occasioned mystical-type experiences: Immediate and persisting dose-related effects

In summary they found that all doses were beneficial, yet the highest dose (30mg/70kg) left participants more prone to negative effects and doses lower than 20mg/70kg were less likely to induce a 'full' mystical experience with longer lasting therapeutic effects.

It's worth baring in mind that while many regard having a 'mystical experience' as a defining therapeutic effect, participants in the study reported positive effects at doses lower than 20mg/kg. Also calculating how much psilocybin your mushrooms contain can be imprecise as it can vary within the same species, so feel the advice to start low and work your way up holds true.

:mushroom2:

OfflineAstralAurora
Male User Gallery

Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: Avedya]
    #25159225 - 04/23/18 04:19 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the reply man!

--------------------
Cool pictures/art

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: AstralAurora] * 1
    #25159232 - 04/23/18 04:39 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Here's a recent thread where I explained my method:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25157269/page/1

I never weighed the amount, just eyeballed something a little under half a gram each time(I use extract in honey so accuracy is difficult).

With this amount I'm able to get the anxiety and uncomfortable feelings/head space of the come-up, without the relief that can occur when the trip kicks in.

It feels like my negative emotions are amplified at this stage, and has been an ideal time to work on them.

I'll be mixing in a few much larger doses to my routine this summer to seen how that effects things. The progress so far has been very noticeable.

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: Avedya]
    #25159313 - 04/23/18 06:25 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Avedya said:
John Hopkins University for Medicine carried out a study asking a similar question: Psilocybin occasioned mystical-type experiences: Immediate and persisting dose-related effects

In summary they found that all doses were beneficial, yet the highest dose (30mg/70kg) left participants more prone to negative effects and doses lower than 20mg/70kg were less likely to induce a 'full' mystical experience with longer lasting therapeutic effects.

It's worth baring in mind that while many regard having a 'mystical experience' as a defining therapeutic effect, participants in the study reported positive effects at doses lower than 20mg/kg. Also calculating how much psilocybin your mushrooms contain can be imprecise as it can vary within the same species, so feel the advice to start low and work your way up holds true.

:mushroom2:

Good answer and very interesting article! I believe 20mg to 30mg doses would correspond roughly to 4g to 8g of dried mushrooms depending on potency (only 50% of psilocybin is absorbed when eaten).

To me 4g to 5g is an ideal dose, higher doses are for experimentation. But everyone is different and I agree that any naive person should to start low and work themselves up in dosing.

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: Inflaton]
    #25159991 - 04/23/18 01:42 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

^ 20 to 30mgs of Psilocybin will be similar to 20 to 30mgs of 4-ACO-DMT, or 2 to 3 grams of mushrooms. A good stable dose, but childs play compared to what all else this stuff is actually capable of in higher dosages.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: Sabnock]
    #25160008 - 04/23/18 01:50 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Listen to your intuition or inner self, it will know the dose needed to take.

I find higher dosages can be more traumatizing than healing because of the information download that occurs, I prefer 2 to 3 grams for a self therapy session. Allows you full introspection without losing full control, LSD is very good for mental decluttering

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineAstralAurora
Male User Gallery

Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #25161520 - 04/24/18 03:20 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
LSD is very good for mental decluttering

I feel like LSD is not ''natural'' to say and I don't really like the idea of using it as a healer/teacher.What experiences did you have with LSD?

--------------------
Cool pictures/art

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: AstralAurora] * 1
    #25162452 - 04/24/18 01:51 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AstralAurora said:
Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
LSD is very good for mental decluttering

I feel like LSD is not ''natural'' to say and I don't really like the idea of using it as a healer/teacher.What experiences did you have with LSD?

I find LSD to be very revealing, allowing you deep introspection into parts of your psyche and alternative perspective of thinking towards it, overall increased awareness. But yes it's important to have pure and real LSD.

It is not a healer or teacher in its own right, like how mushrooms will guide and speak with you. LSD allows you to speak with your self in a sense, it is unguided and opens your psyche to your own interpretation.

It's good for doing something specific, or wanting deeper awareness on your mental inner-workings. It will not guide and heal you on its own, that's always up to us, but it's very nice at revealing what lies beneath the surface in its own way

Mushrooms do that to, but have a lesson and message behind it, LSD allows you to find that message your self

Mushrooms are always my go to for inner-work. LSD is very good at expanding perespective with free roaming capability

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: Best dose for self therapy? [Re: Eclipse3130] * 1
    #25175616 - 04/30/18 01:59 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Dosage isn't everything. Also consider setting and substance.

My most healing trips with mushrooms have always been when I took them combined with Syrian rue, I feel it adds something to the experience that reminds me of ayahuasca. It also makes me purge more often than not.

Recently I've started experimenting with McKenna's heroic dose setting: silent darkness (with eyeshades on). I've found it very effective for introspective work. Two days ago I took 3.2g of ps. cyanescens (roughly equivalent to 5g of cubensis or slightly higher I'd say) with 3.5g of rue in this setting. It was quite a ride, but it left me incredibly refreshed and relaxed, even though I was slowly sinking towards depression right before. I also spontaneously quit smoking, which was a vague intention I'd had but it was not what I was tripping for.

Generally speaking, I personally prefer higher dosages because they will just shoot you into the experience without any time or space to ask yourself questions. I tend to find medium doses less comfortable, because you can end up in some kind of unpleasant in-between. But I guess that's just me, you have to figure this out for yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder