Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineroses4lg
regnartS
I'm a teapot

Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/1/18 [Re: kanemush] * 1
    #25141072 - 04/15/18 01:02 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Oh ok! How many grams did you get for 8 cakes? Im doing BRF Cakes but I don't want to continue with cakes since I want to start with bulk and with this way i can start right now with my remaining cakes :laugh:

--------------------
x.x

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/1/18 [Re: roses4lg] * 1
    #25141096 - 04/15/18 01:10 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I don't measure wet so once there dry I will post.

Offlineroses4lg
regnartS
I'm a teapot

Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/1/18 [Re: kanemush]
    #25141098 - 04/15/18 01:12 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks <3

--------------------
x.x

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/1/18 [Re: roses4lg]
    #25141386 - 04/15/18 03:21 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

got a oz dried that is always my target for 2 shoe boxes.

OfflineShivaYogi
Maha Devotee

Loc: Arunachala
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH [Re: kanemush]
    #25155963 - 04/21/18 04:58 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Yo man, thanks for doing this. Just want to clarify that for the substrate coconut fiber and verm is all that’s needed and that I don’t need to add any gypsum or coffee grounds?

--------------------
"The mind creates the abyss. The heart crosses it." Nisargadatta Maharaj.

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH [Re: ShivaYogi]
    #25155988 - 04/21/18 05:07 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ShivaMan said:
Yo man, thanks for doing this. Just want to clarify that for the substrate coconut fiber and verm is all that’s needed and that I don’t need to add any gypsum or coffee grounds?

no gypsum or coffee stuff. just simple coir verm mix.

Offlinekarda
Loc: Canada
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/15/18 [Re: kanemush]
    #25493667 - 09/27/18 05:25 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for writing this out, it's very detailed and easy to follow. I've done a few brf cakes with the standard pf tek but am looking for something with a bit less daily maintenance.

You mention to mist as needed, how do you determine this? Just look for dryness or do you touch the substrate to check?

What is your yield for this versus fruiting regularly in a sgfc?

Offline3redeyes
Stranger

Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH [Re: karda]
    #25549101 - 10/19/18 02:52 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

fuck yeah

OfflineGuybrush3pwood
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26166059 - 09/02/19 10:36 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:
Oh wow that makes sense cause I can’t find them anywhere.

Does it make a difference if the texture inside is different? It seems like the same size but maybe slightly taller

I prefer the tall half pints not the short ones. If you use the short ones 4 cakes may not equal 2 quarts so you will have to see. The sides inside the jars should just be smooth. If you want I can take a picture of mine if you want.

Since there's two pints in one quart, wouldn't four half pints only equal one quart? To get two quarts you'd need 8 half pint cakes.

OfflinePowfuu
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26410790 - 01/01/20 11:32 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I have really enjoyed following along with this tek! I am about to start it myself, and am super excited.
I have a question if anyone can help... the conditions in my basement are 65 f... I have a double tub with a water heater for my spawn jars.
I’m wondering if it would be smart or an awful idea to put my shoebox into a water bath with the heater during the spawn run... it keeps it at 75 f rather than my room at 65..
Thanks!

OfflineCegda
Mentat
Male User Gallery

#26782596 - 06/25/20 05:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

this is great info! Would you be mad if I did the proofread/edit thing to make it more palatable and pm you the changes so you can edit the post? I just prepped my cvg so I can do exactly this.

OfflineYumyumyumyum
Thinker
 User Gallery

Loc: PacNW
    #26929884 - 09/11/20 12:06 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Perfect just what I was looking for. I have two bricks of coco coir that need using and a couple cakes that I can grind. I am assuming you do not need 8? I can mix 2-3? What about cakes that have one flush pulled off them?

Offline1Daytripper
Stranger
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #27003735 - 10/25/20 09:50 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

This seems like a successful approach... I hope to use 100 quart tubs.. Unless it is not recommended..

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/15/18 [Re: Cegda]
    #27003894 - 10/26/20 12:23 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Guybrush3pwood said:
Quote:

kanemush said:
Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:
Oh wow that makes sense cause I can’t find them anywhere.

Does it make a difference if the texture inside is different? It seems like the same size but maybe slightly taller

I prefer the tall half pints not the short ones. If you use the short ones 4 cakes may not equal 2 quarts so you will have to see. The sides inside the jars should just be smooth. If you want I can take a picture of mine if you want.

Since there's two pints in one quart, wouldn't four half pints only equal one quart? To get two quarts you'd need 8 half pint cakes.

I know the math does not make since, but once there shredded it comes up more as they puff out.

Quote:

Cegda said:
this is great info! Would you be mad if I did the proofread/edit thing to make it more palatable and pm you the changes so you can edit the post? I just prepped my cvg so I can do exactly this.

no not at all i suck at sentences partly due to bi-polar.

Quote:

Yumyumyumyum said:
Perfect just what I was looking for. I have two bricks of coco coir that need using and a couple cakes that I can grind. I am assuming you do not need 8? I can mix 2-3? What about cakes that have one flush pulled off them?

I would not do brf cake that has already flushed, but hey give it a shot.

Quote:

1Daytripper said:
This seems like a successful approach... I hope to use 100 quart tubs.. Unless it is not recommended..

some people use 100qts not me so cant say, but it would take a hell of alot of brf cakes for 100qt :smile:

Edited by kanemush (10/26/20 12:30 AM)

Offline1Daytripper
Stranger
    #27145484 - 01/13/21 09:45 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

So I am half way through my first grow..actually I have spawn to bulk and now have pins developing.. I didnt read to black out the bottom half of my boxes. I now notice some side pinning.. Should I shade the out side of the boxes ???. I lost 3 jars of 24to contam.. Not bad .... For my first run
What next
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/13/21 09:44 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

OfflineFun_Guy5387
Stranger
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/15/18 [Re: 1Daytripper]
    #27370502 - 07/01/21 01:56 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Trying to understand the logic here.

In my case, I have been using the PF Tek with good results and want to switch over to a more bulk oriented grow. In order to do so, starting at the middle of this TEK makes sense.

However, going through all the trouble to create brf cakes to be used specifically for bulk does not make sense. There are much simpler and easier ways if you want to start with bulk. You need to go through the PF process first, in order to understand growing fundamentals. That is the purpose of PF. Then, you transition and use your already flushed BRF cakes.

This Tek only makes sense if you have already done PF Tek and now want to step up your results. From there, yes, it is absolutely excellent.

Edited by Fun_Guy5387 (07/01/21 02:05 PM)

OfflineRandy Lahey
Stranger

Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/15/18 [Re: Fun_Guy5387]
    #27380279 - 07/09/21 09:03 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fun_Guy5387 said:

In my case, I have been using the PF Tek with good results and want to switch over to a more bulk oriented grow. In order to do so, starting at the middle of this TEK makes sense.

However, going through all the trouble to create brf cakes to be used specifically for bulk does not make sense. There are much simpler and easier ways if you want to start with bulk. You need to go through the PF process first, in order to understand growing fundamentals. That is the purpose of PF. Then, you transition and use your already flushed BRF cakes.

This Tek only makes sense if you have already done PF Tek and now want to step up your results. From there, yes, it is absolutely excellent.

I am new. Personally, I want to jump into the deep end by starting with bulk while also leaving a little wiggle room for mitigating contaminants during the colonization stage. BRF is more forgiving than grain and starting with multiple small jars means that I am more likely to have something to move forward with even if I lose a few to contamination due to my inexperience.

Anyway made an account to say BIG thank you to OP, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Loc: संसार
Re: BRF CAKE to COIR BULK START to FINISH Updated 4/15/18 [Re: Fun_Guy5387]
    #27380334 - 07/09/21 09:37 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fun_Guy5387 said:

What are the much simpler and easier ways to grow bulk? Using BRF cakes as spawn lets you go to bulk using MSS and without the need of a PC. It unlocks bulk grows to new growers with very little complication or extra expense.

--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
    #27584004 - 12/16/21 05:44 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I have revised my methods, procedures, pictures, and I will be starting with fresh new cultures. Grow along with me, or just watch what I am doing its up to you.

For now I am waiting just like you would be if you just started growing with brf tek. I will post updates along the way good or bad, and fully intend to keep this post going for the long haul. If you decide to grow a long with me please post your pictures, and feel free to ask any questions as it may benefit a new musher.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds