Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Near Dylan]
    #25104122 - 03/31/18 10:15 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

If they weren't cops, would you feel the same way?  If it were two guys pulling up with batons, tasers and pepper spray, would you still think they were justified?

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #154

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #25120146 - 04/07/18 07:47 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

enlil, I posted a few pages back about the the dog bite incident and going to physical therapy out of pocket.

Well I stopped going to physical therapy after 4 sessions. Honestly, it removed the numbness and weakness in my hand fairly quickly. Didn't think it was going to work but it did.

But I just had a talk with my lawyer, and wanted to get a second opinion. So this woman I was working for, she is a physical therapist out of her home, which she has a mortgage on. So my lawyer filed claims with both her home owners insurance and business insurance. She told the insurance companies that she did not allow me in her house, although I can prove that she told me to be in the house which led to the dog bite incident. Basically this woman fancies herself like a sovereign or whatnot, but doesn't exactly know the ins and outs so it seems like she is lying to buy time.

The insurance companies haven't denied my claim yet, but they haven't given in either. My lawyer said there was a deadline coming up in which they have to take action on it, or than we will file suit.

I just want to know if this scenario makes sense to you and what can I expect as far as steps, time line and what not.

My lawyer said the insurance companies asked to interview me, which he said was out of the question.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Psyche delics]
    #25120165 - 04/07/18 08:00 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psyche delics said:
What do you think about this video.

alot of people are claiming police brutality but I think their actions were completely justified.

They should publicly hang those cops.
The SS would be proud though.
They wonder why people roll up next to squads and unload. This shit is why.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #154]
    #25120211 - 04/07/18 08:34 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #154 said:
enlil, I posted a few pages back about the the dog bite incident and going to physical therapy out of pocket.

Well I stopped going to physical therapy after 4 sessions. Honestly, it removed the numbness and weakness in my hand fairly quickly. Didn't think it was going to work but it did.

But I just had a talk with my lawyer, and wanted to get a second opinion. So this woman I was working for, she is a physical therapist out of her home, which she has a mortgage on. So my lawyer filed claims with both her home owners insurance and business insurance. She told the insurance companies that she did not allow me in her house, although I can prove that she told me to be in the house which led to the dog bite incident. Basically this woman fancies herself like a sovereign or whatnot, but doesn't exactly know the ins and outs so it seems like she is lying to buy time.

The insurance companies haven't denied my claim yet, but they haven't given in either. My lawyer said there was a deadline coming up in which they have to take action on it, or than we will file suit.

I just want to know if this scenario makes sense to you and what can I expect as far as steps, time line and what not.

My lawyer said the insurance companies asked to interview me, which he said was out of the question.

That's pretty much exactly how it always goes.  If the insurance doesn't pay, you'll file suit and go through the litigation process.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Anonymous #154

#25120235 - 04/07/18 08:46 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Anonymous #154 said:

That's pretty much exactly how it always goes.  If the insurance doesn't pay, you'll file suit and go through the litigation process.

What does the litigation process entail

OfflinePsyche delics
Hypochondriac
Male User Gallery

#25120252 - 04/07/18 08:58 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
If they weren't cops, would you feel the same way?  If it were two guys pulling up with batons, tasers and pepper spray, would you still think they were justified?

Even more so actually since they'd be a private citzen. But I guess they should of chose a better way to handle the situation like cite or arrest them for whatever they were doing wrong.

--------------------

Anonymous #151

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Psyche delics]
    #25120680 - 04/07/18 12:17 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

How can a regular citizen in the US find information on court cases, specifically transcripts?  Take this case for example (from our Shroomery News Service) 

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23934513

It would sure be interesting to find out how they were caught.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #151]
    #25124526 - 04/08/18 10:18 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

pacer

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25124531 - 04/08/18 10:21 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Pacer doesn't have transcripts, and it only applies to federal cases.

To get transcripts, you generally have to find the date, time and courtroom where a hearing and trial took place, and then contact the court reporter's office to order transcripts.  It can easily cost a grand for a transcript, though.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #25141966 - 04/15/18 08:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Hey enlil I have a question for you on rent laws etc.

I have someone who is willing to stay and verbally is willing to pay half of all expenses.  It’s a girlfriend so essentially it’s an attempt to shift towards building a life etc but at this point my name is on the lease for 10 more months.  I would like to not change that because I don’t want an increase in rent.  For the record we have been together for a year, but we keep our cash separate, legally speaking, property etc. so I’ve not seen any test in regards to her being accountable to anything not even.

So my question is, once we’re three months in, if ahe turns psycho how can she come back on me whether it be mandatory staying there or breaking the lease and having it cancelled or even breaking the lease and me becoming screwed as well as having to pay her back as well as taking the dent on my history. 

The scariest thing is this chick does not seem psycho at all, and that scares me because I know there is something camo’d that I’m just not seeing.  There’s absolutely no way she is normal and female, that’s just not possible.

So, say I keep the lease in my name, and she pays half on rent and I give her a key etc.  When she becomes paycho, what ways are she going to attack me and what is my standing within the law?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #25141970 - 04/15/18 08:05 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

You can remove her easily,  and you won't owe her a dime if she's not on the lease.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Enlil] * 4
    #25152496 - 04/20/18 05:14 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Can i put fake sidewinder missiles on my SUV without getting in trouble with da cops?

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25153389 - 04/20/18 01:31 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

What would potentially push a cop to charging someone with a concealed weapon if they had a pocket knife on them? I carry a self defense, tactical blade w me, although I get nervous about being searched and charged w a concealed weapon. The blade is around 5-6" long and its very clearly a self defense/combat weapon. I feel safer carrying it, but i never feel safe from the police and i dont want to give them a reason to attack me and ruin my life. Given the size of my blade, Im in the market for a smaller one. But anyway, back on topic... Should one always have their knife visible (say a belt clip) if they don't have a conceal permit... and also, is such a permit neccesary w knives?

Thank you kindly :grin:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #25154825 - 04/21/18 08:27 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that knife laws vary state by state and sometimes even municipality by municipality. And a firearm is a much better self defense weapon than a knife.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Grey Fox]
    #25155243 - 04/21/18 12:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah. Im in Louisiana and our knife laws are a little ambiguous. The one thing that it clears states is no switch blades... but not much otherwise regarding length and concealment.

And yes, i havent been able to afford a handgun yet. If and when the day comes, im thinking about a 38 revolver that is compatible to fire 357 ammo as well. But for now, a knife and a prayer is all i have regarding self defense

--------------------

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #25155260 - 04/21/18 12:20 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

A revolver is good personal defense for the wilderness of Canada but not a ccw.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25155426 - 04/21/18 01:25 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Can i put fake sidewinder missiles on my SUV without getting in trouble with da cops?

Depends on the cops. It's not illegal,  but that doesn't matter much to most cops.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Lipa Kreepa] * 1
    #25155649 - 04/21/18 03:07 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Lipa Kreepa said:
Yeah. Im in Louisiana and our knife laws are a little ambiguous. The one thing that it clears states is no switch blades... but not much otherwise regarding length and concealment.

And yes, i havent been able to afford a handgun yet. If and when the day comes, im thinking about a 38 revolver that is compatible to fire 357 ammo as well. But for now, a knife and a prayer is all i have regarding self defense

I see. All the best. I believe that any 357 magnum revolver can also fire 38 special, but a revolver that is chambered in 38 special cannot fire 357 magnum. The two rounds are the same diameter, but the 357 magnum is longer and fires at a higher pressure.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Grey Fox]
    #25155703 - 04/21/18 03:27 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Ahh, thanks for the clarification Grey :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #25189431 - 05/07/18 11:04 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Someone I know was in the middle of a move and needed her dog and her cat watched momentarily. The time frame was never discussed but it ended up being longer than expected.  The entire time she was giving this guy money for food, and for vet bills, and visiting them on occasion.  It got to about the 5 month mark when the move was finalized and the dude said she had abandoned them to him, get the dog registered in his name and now won't respond to her.

She's opened a claim up in the civil courts in Pittsburgh suing him for custody of the pets back. They said if he wins somehow ( she has all the texts and bills to prove their agreement and the amount of $ she spent, about 1400 ) she will be etitled to her $.

What is the likelihood of her recieving her animals back, even though it was a 6 month stretch before she wanted them back.

If the courts do rule for her to get them back, how will she?  What if he still refuses?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom