Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: What type of drug user are you [Re: triphead9428] * 3
    #25156546 - 04/21/18 09:29 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Back during high school I had basically a debilitating weed addiction. I thought I just enjoyed getting high, but eventually realised I was just using it to mask mental issues and extreme social anxiety. I only really even showed up at school to hang out with people. I realised weed got me hanging out with a wide variety of people who I probably wouldn't have ever approached or spoken to otherwise. I'd wake up every day and smoke a whole bong session before even leaving for the bus. At the bus stop I'd pass around a joint to all the other smokers who were picked up at the same spot. I'd nap on the ride to school and then go straight to the smoking section before chilling with the goth crowd in the 'goth hall'. I basically fucked up my entire high school education like that. I treated high school as a social outing rather than a place of education. I spent a good portion of my adult life attending adult education centres to get my credits. I'm actually still one credit short to this day. I'll be getting that in the next few months though and then off to college upgrading to prepare for some college courses that I want to take.

My weed habit was so bad that I had withdrawal symptoms that were scarily similar to mild opiate WD. Insomnia, restlessness, a generally feeling of being 'sick'. I managed to stop abusing cannabis like that after I actually got hooked on hard opiates. After I went on methadone and stabilised I started respecting the leaf much more and just smoked while hanging with friends or maybe a few bowls at home to relax and listen to music or play video games to. I wasn't even a daily smoker anymore.

I wish I could smoke again because it gives me terrible headaches, but I know that if I was still able to smoke that I wouldn't be hooked on benzos right now. The only upside to benzos are that they are FAR more functional for me as in I can do daily tasks and whatnot and function absolutely normally. Benzos are far better for my social anxiety and they actually make me focus far better than weed did, weed actually did the opposite and made me a lazy piece of shit. Etizolam is also the one thing besides alcohol that makes my constant headache completely disappear. I learned not to smoke on the job after I became and adult though. Luckily when I was a teenager I had jobs where I was literally allowed to smoke pot while working or at work. After getting into the trades that was a major no-no since I was operating and working around heavy equipment. I remember other crews on the same sites like bricklayers or roofers smoking on breaks, but my boss clearly said that he doesn't care what we do on our own time, just fucking don't bring it to work. I had no problem with that. I managed an oxycontin addiction while working those jobs with nobody being the wiser. I started using the needle after there was no more work left and my boss shut down the company. I was unemployed for a few years and managed to afford my addiction through other means. During that time I only smoked pot while I was in withdrawal.

Pot helped a lot while I was on methadone. I was even on probation for two years and was lucky enough to not require drug testing. I learned through my opiate years to respect substances much more and pot was never a problem for me after that. But in the later years while I was still smoking it began to give me horrible anxiety and I stopped enjoying it as much. Eventually for some reason it started causing god awful headaches and was forced to stop. I can't even smoke the smallest flake now without getting a headache and being so high all I want to do is lay in bed and make the paranoia go away until I fall asleep.

I love the plant for everything it is, but sadly I'm afraid I'll never be able to use it again.

Thankfully I can still enjoy psychedelics though. Actually my recent usage of LSD and ALD-52 have done wonders to change my habits and general attitude about life and have helped my mental state immensely.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: What type of drug user are you [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #25156789 - 04/22/18 12:04 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I am me, ID, self; No categories, groups or labels. I do what I do when it's there to be done. Transcending time and space at the pace of the molecules vibrating, shooting,pulsating.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

InvisibleServantOfBaphomet
StarKitten's Boyfriend
Male User Gallery

Loc: αßπΣσµτΦΘΩδ∞ Flag
Re: What type of drug user are you [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #25156812 - 04/22/18 12:24 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Canadian Jesus said:
Back during high school I had basically a debilitating weed addiction. I thought I just enjoyed getting high, but eventually realised I was just using it to mask mental issues and extreme social anxiety. I only really even showed up at school to hang out with people. I realised weed got me hanging out with a wide variety of people who I probably wouldn't have ever approached or spoken to otherwise. I'd wake up every day and smoke a whole bong session before even leaving for the bus. At the bus stop I'd pass around a joint to all the other smokers who were picked up at the same spot. I'd nap on the ride to school and then go straight to the smoking section before chilling with the goth crowd in the 'goth hall'. I basically fucked up my entire high school education like that. I treated high school as a social outing rather than a place of education. I spent a good portion of my adult life attending adult education centres to get my credits. I'm actually still one credit short to this day. I'll be getting that in the next few months though and then off to college upgrading to prepare for some college courses that I want to take.

My weed habit was so bad that I had withdrawal symptoms that were scarily similar to mild opiate WD. Insomnia, restlessness, a generally feeling of being 'sick'. I managed to stop abusing cannabis like that after I actually got hooked on hard opiates. After I went on methadone and stabilised I started respecting the leaf much more and just smoked while hanging with friends or maybe a few bowls at home to relax and listen to music or play video games to. I wasn't even a daily smoker anymore.

I wish I could smoke again because it gives me terrible headaches, but I know that if I was still able to smoke that I wouldn't be hooked on benzos right now. The only upside to benzos are that they are FAR more functional for me as in I can do daily tasks and whatnot and function absolutely normally. Benzos are far better for my social anxiety and they actually make me focus far better than weed did, weed actually did the opposite and made me a lazy piece of shit. Etizolam is also the one thing besides alcohol that makes my constant headache completely disappear. I learned not to smoke on the job after I became and adult though. Luckily when I was a teenager I had jobs where I was literally allowed to smoke pot while working or at work. After getting into the trades that was a major no-no since I was operating and working around heavy equipment. I remember other crews on the same sites like bricklayers or roofers smoking on breaks, but my boss clearly said that he doesn't care what we do on our own time, just fucking don't bring it to work. I had no problem with that. I managed an oxycontin addiction while working those jobs with nobody being the wiser. I started using the needle after there was no more work left and my boss shut down the company. I was unemployed for a few years and managed to afford my addiction through other means. During that time I only smoked pot while I was in withdrawal.

Pot helped a lot while I was on methadone. I was even on probation for two years and was lucky enough to not require drug testing. I learned through my opiate years to respect substances much more and pot was never a problem for me after that. But in the later years while I was still smoking it began to give me horrible anxiety and I stopped enjoying it as much. Eventually for some reason it started causing god awful headaches and was forced to stop. I can't even smoke the smallest flake now without getting a headache and being so high all I want to do is lay in bed and make the paranoia go away until I fall asleep.
Eating cannabis doesmt pull u as fast, and is less rushy and straiht heady.
I love the plant for everything it is, but sadly I'm afraid I'll never be able to use it again.

Thankfully I can still enjoy psychedelics though. Actually my recent usage of LSD and ALD-52 have done wonders to change my habits and general attitude about life and have helped my mental state immensely.

--------------------
Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law
Love is the Law. Love under Will

Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!!
The Sovereign Peanut has Spoken!!

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: What type of drug user are you [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #25156830 - 04/22/18 12:37 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

unfortunately, I'm not a drug user at all. WHich is why my life is sucking so hard and fucking hard again all over again.

If I was able to use plants, even legally I might be a more happy person.

I think I see the timeline and I just don't know if I can justify the drugs.

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: What type of drug user are you [Re: Fiery]
    #25157419 - 04/22/18 10:59 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

thats vague and makes fuckall sense

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals