Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetartarogue
Stranger
doubts about tolerance
    #25146629 - 04/17/18 08:30 PM (6 years, 1 hour ago)

Hello everyone, I have my first mushroom crop starting and I planned to trip so I had enough, I only ate a mushroom today to test and see how it was (I know that one is not enough to give almost anything), I need to give an interval of a few days to eat the right dose now? I'm asking this because I wanted to know if 1 would only generate some remarkable tolerance or if I could eat tomorrow.

Thx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: doubts about tolerance [Re: tartarogue]
    #25146643 - 04/17/18 08:34 PM (6 years, 56 minutes ago)

Eat tomorrow if you like - tolerance does depend on the dose.  :scaryshroom::thumbup:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

Loc: Norcal
Re: doubts about tolerance [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #25146702 - 04/17/18 09:00 PM (6 years, 31 minutes ago)

If I were to eat 1.5 tonite, I guarantee I would need 3.0 to get even close to the same level tomorrow. I don't know about thresh hold or micro doses but I imagine it is similar. Did you feel anything?

I would just wait a few days if there's no rush.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

Edited by Unknower (04/17/18 09:01 PM)

OfflineVeihler
Male User Gallery

Re: doubts about tolerance [Re: Unknower]
    #25146857 - 04/17/18 10:01 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

yeah id wait a few days or a week honestly.. might not be enough to lower the intensity too much, but it might not have that edge your lookin for

--------------------
...Did he doubt or did he try? Answers aplenty in the bye and bye
Talk about your plenty and talk about your ills, one man gathers what another man spills.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25147051 - 04/17/18 11:55 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

If you didn't experience any effect from what you ate there won't be any tolerance, "remarkable" or otherwise.  If you tripped on it you'll want to wait a few days.  Just the way it works.

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

#25147582 - 04/18/18 09:06 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Wait a week

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
Re: doubts about tolerance [Re: grati]
    #25147653 - 04/18/18 09:50 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

If you are growing, to gauge well dosing my advice is to pool all your mushrooms, and pulverize them with a coffee grinder. Put them in capsules. They will get preserved very well for long term storage and there will be no variations in potency. If you just eat whole mushrooms each is different, so you cant make really fair comparisons, some could have double amount of psylocibyn than others by same weight. You can buy empty capsules and a tool to fill them up cheaply in amazon.

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: doubts about tolerance [Re: Inflaton]
    #25147720 - 04/18/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I give at least 2 days off between doses, seems to be enough. There's been a few occasions I've microdosed and tried to trip the day after, it gave me tolerance for sure.

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

Re: doubts about tolerance [Re: Inflaton]
    #25148145 - 04/18/18 01:17 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Inflaton said:
If you are growing, to gauge well dosing my advice is to pool all your mushrooms, and pulverize them with a coffee grinder. Put them in capsules. They will get preserved very well for long term storage and there will be no variations in potency. If you just eat whole mushrooms each is different, so you cant make really fair comparisons, some could have double amount of psylocibyn than others by same weight. You can buy empty capsules and a tool to fill them up cheaply in amazon.

This is good advice... Technically you don't need the capsules though. You can just weigh out an exact dose instead having preweighed dose. I think there's more freedom to experiment with different doses if you just weigh the powder, plus weighing and capsuling all those doses is a bitch. Cracker dry, grind, and freeze is all I do. Then weigh up exactly what you want to dose.

2 days might be "enough" but it is far from ideal if you wish for the full effects with every dose. 2 weeks or more is ideal... Not that I'm saying op should wait 2 weeks (I advise 1 week), but shroom tolerance is pretty strong ime... Even 4 days and I would still have a weeker trip than if no tolerance.

There might not be a crazy tolerance if op didn't feel it, but why waste mushrooms just because you have them? It's not a race.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25148264 - 04/18/18 02:10 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

2 days doesn't do much compared to 1 day.  5-7 days is about right.  2 weeks is too much.  YMMV.  :cantlookaway:

--------------------

Edited by PrimalSoup (04/18/18 02:26 PM)

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

#25148306 - 04/18/18 02:28 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Too much implies that you should trip every week (sorry if that's not what you meant).... While I'm not saying it's bad for you, you are certainly not integrating much information in that period of time. Strictly tolerance wise if I am shrooming once a week I have a slow tolerance build up that after a while means I have to take twice as much. I don't know if the effects are exactly weaker or if I just grow accustomed (and bored) with them, but needless to say I never shroom that frequently now that I'm past my "Omg I know how to pick shrooms" phase.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#25148386 - 04/18/18 03:05 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Shrug. Dunno if there's perfect answers but I love eating them every 3 days like a microdose schedule. Still have same strength trips as when I ate less often as far as I can tell. Plus the mental and physical benefits of micro dosing.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25148389 - 04/18/18 03:08 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Unknower said:
Too much implies that you should trip every week (sorry if that's not what you meant).... While I'm not saying it's bad for you, you are certainly not integrating much information in that period of time. Strictly tolerance wise if I am shrooming once a week I have a slow tolerance build up that after a while means I have to take twice as much. I don't know if the effects are exactly weaker or if I just grow accustomed (and bored) with them, but needless to say I never shroom that frequently now that I'm past my "Omg I know how to pick shrooms" phase.

Of course it doesn't say you should trip every week.  :laugh2: 

2 weeks is about a week longer than it takes for tolerance to go away IME.  That's why the 2 week advice is generally good because it contains a big margin of error and dissatisfied customers won't come back complaining about bad advice.  Tolerance tails off slowly, it's not a linear curve, BTW.

People trip for other reasons than you might imagine.  If I was tripping occasionally but "as often as possible" with no tolerance I'd stick to the 2 weeks or month schedule.  But if I was doing that I wouldn't do it at all, which is my usual approach anymore.

Reality is though I episodically grow mass amounts (and make it into tea which I freeze) to allow tripping experiments where I go at it 4-5 days a week for weeks on end, for writing or for research purposes, not to integrate information.  Tolerance increases to a max point that's about 5 times a baseline trip point, it takes 50% more each successive day to get there.  But these are always full blown trips - and actually the experience improves that way. :shrug:

It's certainly not for everybody nor do I recommend it unless you're really interested in researching multiple worlds physics.  But if you are PM me as I'm interested in getting the protocols sorted out for distribution. 

--------------------

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

#25148483 - 04/18/18 03:53 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

You make very good points. I realized that probably wasn't what you meant after I had typed that whole thing.

Boy that sounds like a lot of mushrooms, and research :blush: but you sound like you've got it down to a science, kudos. I'm not surprised there's an upper limit to tolerance, seems likely with most drugs.

Do do you drink it cold? Eeeeeww lol jk...

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

#25148509 - 04/18/18 04:05 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

What level of trip are you going for taking them 4-5 days out of a week; and do you dive full in on day 1 and just increase dose to stay there, or do you kinda work your way with the last trip being the most intense?

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

Offlinetartarogue
Stranger
    #25149177 - 04/18/18 07:35 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

it's personal, I ate today everything in the picture, I wanted a very strong trip (there was 50g without dehydration) but the effect was weak, probably because of the one I ate yesterday, correct? even though it's only one

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#25149204 - 04/18/18 07:43 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Average is about 93% water, so you probably ate like 3.5-4g dry. I would bet the weak effect on yesterdays dose.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25149701 - 04/18/18 10:56 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Unknower said:
Do do you drink it cold? Eeeeeww lol jk...

F**king no way.  It's dreadful enough when you make it the same potency as fresh weight of the shrooms (50cc = 50 g = 5 g dry).  Take it as shots with juice chaser and it's not too bad.  :lol:

Quote:

What level of trip are you going for taking them 4-5 days out of a week; and do you dive full in on day 1 and just increase dose to stay there, or do you kinda work your way with the last trip being the most intense?

Always same level of trip, just this side of blacking out mostly - which is an effective dose for me.  I use OEV hallucinations during the peak as an indication of effect.  This is where the interesting stuff occurs.

No I start slow and work up over a couple days, gets the lint out first and prepares me to deal with hyperspace and the rest. Once there though it's full bore every time until I eventually quit for a while and recover.

--------------------

Edited by PrimalSoup (04/18/18 11:17 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#25149703 - 04/18/18 10:57 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tartarogue said:
it's personal, I ate today everything in the picture, I wanted a very strong trip (there was 50g without dehydration) but the effect was weak, probably because of the one I ate yesterday, correct? even though it's only one

If it was a big one could be.  If a mini it could be potency in general. They look nice though.

Wait a week or two and try the same again, then you'll know.  :seriousthumbsup:

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

#25149760 - 04/18/18 11:47 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:

F**king no way.  It's dreadful enough when you make it the same potency as fresh weight of the shrooms (50cc = 50 g = 5 g dry).  Take it as shots with juice chaser and it's not too bad.  :lol:

Always same level of trip, just this side of blacking out mostly - which is an effective dose for me.  I use OEV hallucinations during the peak as an indication of effect.  This is where the interesting stuff occurs.

No I start slow and work up over a couple days, gets the lint out first and prepares me to deal with hyperspace and the rest. Once there though it's full bore every time until I eventually quit for a while and recover.

Hard core.
I bet it tastes just like a fresh mushroom lol

Op how big was the first one you ate? Did you weigh it?
I wouldn't assume it was a potency issue unless you keep having weak experiences. Even then, some people do need bigger doses to feel anything (don't assume this is the case either). Body weight and metabolism make a difference. I find a good tea to help set it in faster and harder, especially helpful for weaker doses.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order