Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePureintention
Stranger
What do I do with the bad parts of oneself
    #25145765 - 04/17/18 02:10 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Intergrate, or isolate? What should you really do with the ”bad parts” that make up who you are. Does it depend on severity or exeptability. I know those who are heavy with negative energy and those who I would consider pure. Is purity an illusion? Who are you and how do you judge yourself?

Edited by Pureintention (04/17/18 02:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeutrino
Maple tree
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Pureintention]
    #25145768 - 04/17/18 02:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Its case by case. Proper diet is a start.

--------------------
Tandem bicycles are designed for two riders. Do it together.

InvisibleApples in Mono
Not a puppet

#25145836 - 04/17/18 02:59 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

What do you mean by "negative energy" and "purity" in this context?

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Apples in Mono]
    #25145854 - 04/17/18 03:10 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

jung would tell you to integrate. Don't isolate/get rid of them entirely, but save them for times when doing bad things is...good

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25145933 - 04/17/18 03:48 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Integration is better. What are bad parts anyway? As I grow and change I realize parts of me werent bad just not utilized correctly. Every part of me is just as important as every other part because they define who i am.

Even something like "i drink too much I should stop" drinking is the obsessive drive that should be used for something better yet the desire to stop is a show of wanting to improve and actually doing so is a show of will power... all of which are important. Anger is just a poorly directed intense emotion it too can be utilized better then getting mad at someone.

I judge myself as me, probably the best person around for any job, the most capable and definitely the most likely to achieve what i want. I view myself as the point of my existence and just as equally small and meaningless as the people i dont know, the difference being I am important to me, so thats how i view me :grin:

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

Offlineyoosername
Lab Member

Loc: Terra Fracta
Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Apples in Mono]
    #25145943 - 04/17/18 03:52 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Purity in the sense of human morality, I take it.  Isolation is the beginning of corruption, a stagnation of the mind.  It can be dangerous to go deep within oneself without a strong spiritual connection.  This can develop the ego.  One must learn to cut through one's own bullshit.

Observe the bad parts.  Don't isolate and divide yourself, don't try to separate the good from the bad.  Simply observe everything, without judgment or a preconceived opinion.  You will find that energy itself is not divided, and that we, as energy beings, can only operate at our fullest potential when we are as one.  Recognize the entity that wishes to divide for what it is, a fragmentation of self, a virus seeking to replicate.  Watch the entirety of it, see how it has infected the world, and act in relation to what you find as you enquire into the nature of the beast.

--------------------
O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: yoosername]
    #25145952 - 04/17/18 03:56 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:It can be dangerous to go deep within oneself without a strong spiritual connection.  This can develop the ego.

I'll gladly take me ego and lack of spirituality, I dont view it as a bad thing. It depends on the personality though I've never really needed much from others so thats probably why i have a strong ego.

But the main point is dont act like having an ego and thinking your great is a bad thing and i wont act like you being spiritual and whatever that entails as being bad, neither one is bad... they are just two different life styles.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Violet Wizard] * 2
    #25145954 - 04/17/18 03:56 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I like the idea of the native justice system, in which the accused, the victim, or viticm's family (in case of murder), meet in a circle  discussing the matter and resolving a plan.

Within a self, just sit calmly facing the issue(s), keeping calm as you review all aspects, keeping calm and you make any plans. This is a good way to integrate.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25146054 - 04/17/18 04:50 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

If we are just each points.. then all of our effects are self centered.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#25147255 - 04/18/18 03:35 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pureintention said:
Intergrate, or isolate? What should you really do with the ”bad parts” that make up who you are. Does it depend on severity or exeptability. I know those who are heavy with negative energy and those who I would consider pure. Is purity an illusion? Who are you and how do you judge yourself?

Taking responsibility for how I decided to act was the first part, this alone didn't stop the bad things I did though it helped to trigger my awareness of them. For example, a bad part of me was giving people a second and third chance to obviously and evidently shatter my trust. I didn't sweat the small stuff which I don't think is a bad thing, but I also tended not to sweat the big stuff and although I still wouldn't try to make a huge deal out of it, I wouldn't accept being knowingly treated as someone who can be taken for granted.

If you're talking about 'energy/vibes' I think it is a bad call to call it in such black and white terms as pure and negative. If you've ever had emotional or mental troubles, I think it's fair to say that some people can compound your issues while others can help to alleviate.

I am a lucky man, and sometimes to find a treasure one must dig.

Quote:

How do you judge yourself?

Sometimes through feedback from peers.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

OfflinePureintention
Stranger
Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #25147445 - 04/18/18 07:17 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I go back and forth between the view that duality is something inherent in 3rd dimension and we need these lower parts to survive. While this is true there
Are times when i just want to kill of the parts of myself trapped in the 3rd dimension.

OfflinePureintention
Stranger
Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: yoosername]
    #25147450 - 04/18/18 07:24 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks, this is why this site is the shit. Probably the most civil place of discourse on the internet. It's like I'm having a light trip and getting good insights

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Pureintention] * 1
    #25147525 - 04/18/18 08:23 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pureintention said:
I go back and forth between the view that duality is something inherent in 3rd dimension and we need these lower parts to survive. While this is true there
Are times when i just want to kill of the parts of myself trapped in the 3rd dimension.

But if we are the sum of all of our experiences, emotions, and hopes you couldnt imagine the impact of wishing parts of you were gone or different. It is best suited to realize that its not so much that you "change yourself" but utilize yourself differently. The issue is we dont come with hand books so people confuse "bad parts" of themselves to be something other then a misdirected or otherwise "wrong use" of what has become your personality. At least thats how i view it, thats why people that recover from hardcore drugs usually end up with a different obsession be it exercise, family, religion... its just a different use of what they already have.

Like I said I do also really like being me so its hard to picture the concept of wanting to selectively remove parts of myself. I think I have found a good balance and representation of who i am so that also probably helps shape my personal view.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #25148070 - 04/18/18 12:56 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Intergrate, or isolate?

Transmute

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #25148372 - 04/18/18 02:58 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Try to cultivate good qualities like love, compassion, patience.

I judge myself based my own standards of the person I wish to be, and whether or not I am living up to those standards.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Enkidu]
    #25148382 - 04/18/18 03:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds great, but take it easy...

Not so easy to just destroy our planet, like our parents and grandparents,... but just easy...

InvisibleMercurious
Neither here, nor there...

Loc: The Upside Down
Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #25150028 - 04/19/18 05:05 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
Quote:

Intergrate, or isolate?

Transmute

I prefer transcend 

:acidcat:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: Mercurious]
    #25150903 - 04/19/18 02:53 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

make a stew!
Yum!
all parts are good.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: What do I do with the bad parts of oneself [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25154821 - 04/21/18 08:25 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

When you attach a label such as 'bad' to something, you are defining it using a sort of generic, pre determined template which can cause you to not see the thing for what it really is.

Instead of good and bad, try to see and things for what they actually are without applying a definition to them.

For example, sad and happy. When you are happy you know you are because you are not sad. When you are sad you know you are because you are not happy. So if sadness didn't exist, how would you ever know happiness? Instead of viewing sadness as 'bad', try to see it as a necessity for happiness to exist, just two opposites that are each required for the other to exist.

This shift of perspective will allow you to properly explore and better understand the parts of you that are 'unfavorable' and to adjust them to your liking.

By default, we as humans define things by what they are not. You know what daytime is only because it is 'not night time'. You know what night time is only because it is not 'day time'. Neither is 'good' or 'bad', each is just an opposite that allows us to define the other.

--------------------

The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#25154871 - 04/21/18 09:04 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pureintention said:

Tools can be many things. With a knife I can shatter time itself. I can also butter my toast.

We’re all just this idiot:

After enough lost thumb nails and bent metal, most of us can figure out how to build something that’ll stay together. Though some are content pounding away on a screw.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies