Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety?
    #6124968 - 10/02/06 03:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I have just began using salvia. I have used it only a few times now. I notice after the altered state wears off I am left with a very calm and peaceful feeling. The feeling even seems to carry over into the following day. I just feel happier for whatever reason and less on edge. It even seems to quiet the "noise" in my head, meaning I focus on what I am doing instead of contemplating the random insignificant thoughts which normally plague me.

I have a history of social anxiety and have been feeling a little bit depressed lately. Salvia seems to combat both of these conditions, for reasons I do not currently understand. The plant leaves me with a feeling of peace. Feeling more "in balance" or harmony would be an accurate description. I'm one of those people who are always "in their head." As I go about my business I am always thinking things, taking note of people, planning everything in advance etc.. Maybe you psych majors can offer info as to what type of personality or disorder that is. Some type of neurotic disorder perhaps? Regardless, salvia seems to shut down, or block that type of thought from my consciousness, allowing me to be in the moment and focused on the here and now. It doesn't seem to alter overall cognitive function in the least. If anything it is enhanced due to increased concentration ability.

I have not researched this yet as I am new to the world of salvia, though I did read one report of daily use as a means to treat depression.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6125066 - 10/02/06 04:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:I'm one of those people who are always "in their head."  As I go about my business I am always thinking things, taking note of people, planning everything in advance etc..  Maybe you psych majors can offer info as to what type of personality or disorder that is.  Some type of neurotic disorder perhaps?

Sounds like a serious case of being alive in this day and age. :smirk: It's a neurotic world we live in; it can be so hard to rise above it.

I have not used salvia in a few weeks - not because of any negative experiences, but mostly because she kind of told me not to.  But anyway, I'm on a different path than you, so that's neither here nor there.  I used the herb for quite awhile daily and bi-daily, and will probably take up this regimen again in the near future.  I generally like to mix up my doses, so one day I will smoke a nice light dose, maybe with some weed, and the next I will blast off into the Pregnant Void.

I don't know what your history of psychedelic use is like, but salvia will definitely have an effect on your cognitive patterns if you use it frequently.  I'd say that it has changed my assemblage point as much as any other substance I've used, or more, so be prepared for that - not necessarily a bad thing, but again, I don't know your history or your general outlook on the use of entheogens.

So my recommendation?  Go for it, take doses that feel comfortable to you, and if the effects begin to become blunted (or if it gets too weird), take a few days off or up the dose slightly.  Maybe keep a log of your experiences and when going to bed reflect on how your experience helped to shape your interaction with the world around you on that day.  Or just wait to see what redgreenvines has to say, since he's been at it longer than I.  :tongue:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety? [Re: Lion]
    #6125129 - 10/02/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I have used mushrooms, lsd, and lsa in the past. I have turned to salvia as another possible means to expand my consciousness and understanding of reality. Religious and self exploration I suppose. The only times I have used it thus far it has been low dose.

The after effects came as a total surprise to me. I am aware of afterglow which is commonly reported after psychedelics but it is difficult for me to group salvia in that category since it is so different from the others. I have felt "out there" so to speak, after using psychedelics in the past. I did not feel this from the salvia though. If anything I felt more in touch with this plane than I ever have.

Do the positive benefits of salvia subside with continued usage? I gather that tolerance is not an issue with this herb.

--------------------

Offlinepod3
Stranger
 User Gallery
- [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6126127 - 10/02/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

-

Edited by pod3 (10/26/06 10:53 AM)

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety? [Re: pod3]
    #6126498 - 10/02/06 09:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The drugged spider you are thinking of created its best web in complete sobriety. Even the LSD made the web worse. Caffeine made it a joke.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinepod3
Stranger
 User Gallery
- [Re: freddurgan]
    #6128640 - 10/03/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

-

Edited by pod3 (10/26/06 09:19 AM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #6128693 - 10/03/06 02:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I can't imagine daily Salvia use being healthy for the mind at all.

There have been a couple of members of this site who have started acting quite psychotic, and in the midst of it revealed that their salvia use had become quite frequent..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6128815 - 10/03/06 03:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well I feel it is important to note that I am using plain leaf, and only taking two hits of it. Maybe enough to barely reach a visual state, possibly not even that level.

Can you explain what exactly you perceived from these members that you considered to be psychotic behavior? I feel that a person's current mental state has a lot to do with these occurrences. I went through a period of "reality contemplation" during a time when I was using very strong pot on a daily basis. I got obsessive and somewhat "out there" for a little while.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#6132000 - 10/04/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i'm interested in your results

i threw my salvia in the trash after an experience with a quid that put me out of my comfort zone......

feeling compelled and driven i dug it out of the [nasty smelling and foul] trash and the extract was tainted beyond salvage but nothing seemed to have gotten to the leaf.....

i felt kind of compelled to smoke very gradual small hits until feelings of blocked emotions and emotional tension and general badness left my body. they did not entirely but after maybe 4 or 5 small hits and about 20 minutes of sitting i certainly felt as if my default state had shifted to one which was lighter and less ego driven or narrative.

the downer is now my throat has ashes in it and i think i can taste the garbage :frown:

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#6133741 - 10/04/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Redgreenvines is a salvia guru. He told me in some PM's that he'd smoke multiple times a day for the same purposes. I thought he was a madman, but now I'm more comfortable with salvia myself.

I've been smoking some 10x (non-standardized) every other weekend or so with a couple of close buddies. We all gathered on the weekend, mished through some trails and found a waterfall and firepit. Got a fire going and all took turns sitting in the salvia thrown (the only chair we had :p) and it was awesome. It really helps to open you up and loosen up. Even when I don't have much of a psychological, third-eye-ripping-out-of-your-head experience, I generally feel at peace and very optimistic afterwards.... that's usually when the good vibes set in, the thoughts start flowing and I feel great. :laugh:

My sally's pretty old two. About a year or two actually, but she still hoots like a champ. I think too much though is something completely different... I'm talking about small doses here.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineMr Green Genes
Stranger
    #12735487 - 06/13/10 11:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
I have just began using salvia.  I have used it only a few times now.  I notice after the altered state wears off I am left with a very calm and peaceful feeling.  The feeling even seems to carry over into the following day.  I just feel happier for whatever reason and less on edge.  It even seems to quiet the "noise" in my head, meaning I focus on what I am doing instead of contemplating the random insignificant thoughts which normally plague me.

I have a history of social anxiety and have been feeling a little bit depressed lately.  Salvia seems to combat both of these conditions, for reasons I do not currently understand.  The plant leaves me with a feeling of peace.  Feeling more "in balance" or harmony would be an accurate description.  I'm one of those people who are always "in their head."  As I go about my business I am always thinking things, taking note of people, planning everything in advance etc..  Maybe you psych majors can offer info as to what type of personality or disorder that is.  Some type of neurotic disorder perhaps?  Regardless, salvia seems to shut down, or block that type of thought from my consciousness, allowing me to be in the moment and focused on the here and now.  It doesn't seem to alter overall cognitive function in the least.  If anything it is enhanced due to increased concentration ability.

I have not researched this yet as I am new to the world of salvia, though I did read one report of daily use as a means to treat depression.

I feel the same way as PowerTrip.  I also have social anxiety... I take a small hit of 10x salvia extract for a moderate dose, when i'm drunk (the drunker the better, in my oppinion).  And I just recently noticed how it really does enhance mood and relieve anxiety.  It really seems to help a lot.  I normally rarely ever go up to people and just avoid most confrontations even when i'm only drunk, but not after taking a hit of salvia while i'm drunk.

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
Re: Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety? [Re: Mr Green Genes]
    #12740867 - 06/14/10 10:41 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mr Green Genes said:
Quote:

PowerTrip said:
I have just began using salvia.  I have used it only a few times now.  I notice after the altered state wears off I am left with a very calm and peaceful feeling.  The feeling even seems to carry over into the following day.  I just feel happier for whatever reason and less on edge.  It even seems to quiet the "noise" in my head, meaning I focus on what I am doing instead of contemplating the random insignificant thoughts which normally plague me.

I have a history of social anxiety and have been feeling a little bit depressed lately.  Salvia seems to combat both of these conditions, for reasons I do not currently understand.  The plant leaves me with a feeling of peace.  Feeling more "in balance" or harmony would be an accurate description.  I'm one of those people who are always "in their head."  As I go about my business I am always thinking things, taking note of people, planning everything in advance etc..  Maybe you psych majors can offer info as to what type of personality or disorder that is.  Some type of neurotic disorder perhaps?  Regardless, salvia seems to shut down, or block that type of thought from my consciousness, allowing me to be in the moment and focused on the here and now.  It doesn't seem to alter overall cognitive function in the least.  If anything it is enhanced due to increased concentration ability.

I feel the same way as PowerTrip.  I also have social anxiety... I take a small hit of 10x salvia extract for a moderate dose, when i'm drunk (the drunker the better, in my oppinion).  And I just recently noticed how it really does enhance mood and relieve anxiety.  It really seems to help a lot.  I normally rarely ever go up to people and just avoid most confrontations even when i'm only drunk, but not after taking a hit of salvia while i'm drunk.

That's funny because the one time I got a real social boost from salvia was after I drank a tall can of beer. I rarely drink so that was enough to get a little buzz. The salvia trip was the first time I ever got a case of uncontrollable laughter from any on drug. It involved talking to a a garbage can full of soda cans that were sitting in front of me. I realized my friends were staring at me intently to see the effects and I found it hilarious how curious they were of my reaction to the drug. After that I felt more comfortable than I had in a long long time, it was a pretty cool feeling that lasted a couple hours.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety? [Re: BirdsIView]
    #12743588 - 06/14/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't really had any good experiences with the drug yet - smoking it in low concentrations simply made the world spin, while at 60x I was completely detached from the 3d experience, only a 2d sliver of my body was visually present in this world as i looked down... but as I tried to move I could feel my 3 dimensional body stuck on either side of my 2 dimensional sliver, it was a feeling akin to what I imagine being living Velcro must be like. It was not pleasant and shook my grasp of reality for a day or two after... :eek: needless to say I need to aim for something between that.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #12745655 - 06/15/10 07:49 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

OP, quit fucking around with salvia you idiot, you have ADHD...

I remember when I made that post.  I was actually taking salvia leaves to work with me to chew.  Nobody knew what they were and the people I told thought it was hilarious that I was doing it at work.

I'm not sure how much is known about how salvia works now but I've seen at least one abstract showing it lowers dopamine levels.  That's actually the opposite of what you usually do to treat ADHD but there could be some rebound or compensatory mechanism that results in a net increase in dopamine transmission.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#12750456 - 06/16/10 12:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

After I did salvia it was one of the wierdest feelings of my life.. i literally changed seating arrangement every half minute. It was awful. i did  it and the first thing I remember is what the fuck just happened. then the lysol can next to me told me everything was going to be ok. As I was being formed into a boat next to me. It's toooo fucking crazy, Maybe I'll try it again someday.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineDr. Bliss
कुछ भी नहीं असली है
Male User Gallery

Loc: स्ट्र Flag
    #12760254 - 06/17/10 08:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i definitely should try this :psybong:

--------------------
ब्लूमिंग भीतर चेतना

OfflineRubyNicks
Stranger
    #25147448 - 04/18/18 07:23 AM (6 years, 10 hours ago)

Please enlighten me... What is saliva??

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Daily salvia use to enhance mood and relieve anxiety? [Re: RubyNicks]
    #25147901 - 04/18/18 11:44 AM (6 years, 5 hours ago)

Damn over 7 and a half years ago.

Saliva is something your mouth makes. Also known as spit.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order