Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Crimea [Re: chibiabos]
    #25145813 - 04/17/18 02:46 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
modern world class airport from the one Ukraine had before.  The new bridge to connect mainland Russia with Crimea is set to partially open by early May, way ahead of schedule (for the few of you interested in non-US centric news).

Cool.  Now they don't have to deploy riggers and shit in order to move tanks onto the peninsula.  Plus redundancy, and whatnot.  :shrug:

Do they have a Cinnabon at the Simferopol airport? I'm not going to take Pravda91s word for it.

Edited by koods (04/17/18 02:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Crimea [Re: koods]
    #25145818 - 04/17/18 02:49 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Falcon is a product of RT.  Pravda was a lot more nuanced than RT is.  RT really doesn't give a shit if their translations even have a veneer of honesty, which is to say that they'll translate "da" as "no" (even if the guy saying it is nodding his head).

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #25145845 - 04/17/18 03:04 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
the Russians were trying to drive a wedge in between Odessa an Kiev but didn't really have enough momentum to make it quite there without overextending themselves, owing to the fact that the only way into Ukraine was through their own Western frontier.

I don't know what you're talking about.  Can you provide a link that explains?

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Did you happen to, perhaps, ever look at a map of the area while you were in the Crimea and notice anything about how the major roads are laid out (especially relative to Russian and Ukranian troop dispositions and the location of major ports on the Northern Black Sea)?

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/5-33/ch5.pdf

I still have no idea what you're talking about.  Can you explain?

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Falcon is a product of RT.

Actually I travelled to Crimea so I'm a product of reality.  If RT reflects reality, then so be it.  You're clearly just a product of Faux News.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25145853 - 04/17/18 03:09 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Do they have a Cinnabon at the Simferopol airport? I'm not going to take Pravda91s word for it.

I doubt it, as didn't see a single western company in Crimea while I was there, as the US Government has banned American companies from Crimea.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (04/17/18 05:19 PM)

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: Crimea [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25145908 - 04/17/18 03:36 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

chibiabos said:
Did you happen to, perhaps, ever look at a map of the area while you were in the Crimea and notice anything about how the major roads are laid out (especially relative to Russian and Ukranian troop dispositions and the location of major ports on the Northern Black Sea)?

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/5-33/ch5.pdf

I still have no idea what you're talking about.  Can you explain?

A map is a picture that tells you where things are.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25145950 - 04/17/18 03:54 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Once again, you said "the Russians were trying to drive a wedge in between Odessa an Kiev but didn't really have enough momentum to make it quite there without overextending themselves, owing to the fact that the only way into Ukraine was through their own Western frontier."  CAN YOU PROVE THIS WITH A LINK?

And once again, you talked about a map of the area showing how major roads are laid out.  DO YOU HAVE THIS MAP, or just a link to a generic field service manual that has absolutely nothing to do with Ukraine?

--------------------

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Crimea [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25146432 - 04/17/18 07:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Again, I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have about my trip.

did you have any of that wild, passionate, outdoor sex you're so fond of while you were in crimea?

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

It's a fun place to visit, and believe it or not, the people love Americans.

oops.  i guess this answers my question.

ps, outdoor sex rules.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Crimea [Re: relic] * 1
    #25146551 - 04/17/18 08:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The sex I had in Crimea was indoor.  It was just too crowded for outdoor sex.  :blush:

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25146826 - 04/17/18 09:45 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Since this is the active Russia propaganda thread, I just wanted to say that Russia has poorly designed balconies because notable people keep falling off of them.

Putin totally didn't have this guy thrown out of his 5th story apartment.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#25146884 - 04/17/18 10:13 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Once again, you said "the Russians were trying to drive a wedge in between Odessa an Kiev but didn't really have enough momentum to make it quite there without overextending themselves, owing to the fact that the only way into Ukraine was through their own Western frontier."  CAN YOU PROVE THIS WITH A LINK?

And once again, you talked about a map of the area showing how major roads are laid out.  DO YOU HAVE THIS MAP, or just a link to a generic field service manual that has absolutely nothing to do with Ukraine?

You've been bragging about how much more you know about the region than the rest of us, and you really don't know how to find a fucking map of the region?  Ye gods, man... :facepalm:

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25146894 - 04/17/18 10:16 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Since this is the active Russia propaganda thread, I just wanted to say that Russia has poorly designed balconies because notable people keep falling off of them.

He wrote a story saying that Russian mercenaries were "killed in Syria on 7 February in a confrontation with US forces".

So you think the CIA killed him to cover up the story?!?  There's no reason Russia would care about that story.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25146908 - 04/17/18 10:24 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
You've been bragging about how much more you know about the region than the rest of us, and you really don't know how to find a fucking map of the region?  Ye gods, man... :facepalm:

Of course I can find a map, why are you behaving like a kindeegartner?  I'm asking you to back up your story, which you haven't done.

Let's try again:

You said "the Russians were trying to drive a wedge in between Odessa an Kiev but didn't really have enough momentum to make it quite there without overextending themselves, owing to the fact that the only way into Ukraine was through their own Western frontier."  Can you prove they were trying to drive a wedge in between Odessa and Kiev?

I have a map of Crimea.  WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SHOW ME ON THE MAP?

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25146946 - 04/17/18 10:47 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:

He wrote a story saying that Russian mercenaries were "killed in Syria on 7 February in a confrontation with US forces".

So you think the CIA killed him to cover up the story?!?  There's no reason Russia would care about that story.

The CIA director was fucking bragging about it at his confirmation for Secretary of State. Nice coverup.

You really aren't that great at spin. It's pretty laughable TBH.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Crimea [Re: koods] * 1
    #25146989 - 04/17/18 11:14 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

That was weeks after the incident.  :whatever:

Russia reported the casualties within days after the incident:

Quote:

Bloomberg News quoted Russian sources as saying as many as 200 Russian nationals could have been killed in a clash last Wednesday and Thursday

You gotta do a little better than "DURR, PUTIN!!!"  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25646890 - 11/29/18 03:50 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Although the West still pretends Crimea belongs to Ukraine, it is very clearly a Russian territory.  If you try to enter Crimea from Ukraine, as required by Ukrainian law, there is a very long wait as a result of a Ukrainian (not Russian) checkpoint.  Ukraine clearly wants to discourage its own people from entering 'their own' country.

If you fly into Crimea from Russia (as I did), it is considered a domestic flight and there is no customs/security to go through upon entering - you simply get off the plane and leave the airport.

Welp, if you want to visit Crimea, you can no longer do it from Ukraine:

Kiev bans foreigners from entering Crimea
Quote:

All non-Ukrainians will be barred from entering Crimea from the Ukrainian land border, according to border guards cited by AP. It is still possible to fly into Crimea from Russia or to enter via the bridge from Russia's south, though Ukraine claims that is a violation of its borders.

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #25647066 - 11/29/18 05:15 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Do you feel good about supporting Russian imperialism?

Putin himself eventually admitted that the 'polite people' who appeared across Crimea before the referendum were Russian troops.

96.77% voted for yes. You know what votes get 95%+ majorities? Fixed votes. We already know that Russian military was occupying Crimea at this point. Do you think fair and democratic votes occur under military occupation?

And isn't it convenient that only two months after annexation, a law was passed where incitement of violation of territorial integrity of the Russian Federation (incl. calls for secession of Crimea from Russia) was made illegal? No wonder there isn't much talk against Russian annexation in Crimea.

And isn't it just super convenient that Crimea holds incredible strategic importance with access to military ports for Russia's Black Sea fleet?

And then Russia's recent action of blockading access to the sea of Azov? How you can deny the imperialist behaviour of Putin's Russia.

I'm against US imperialism too, but I don't let this opposition lead me to supporting imperialism from Americas opposition. Colour me disappointed.

--------------------

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: Crimea [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #25647149 - 11/29/18 06:14 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I honestly doubt that Russia is going to outright try and take over the country right now.  Not that they probably wouldn't like to, but it's more realistic to just either capture ports like Odessa or just blockade them.  If they push hard enough then maybe they'll even manage to cut Kiev off from Ukraine's entire Black Sea coast.  :shrug:

Either way, the troops are massing at their respective frontiers.

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Re: Crimea [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #25647279 - 11/29/18 07:41 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

My sister in law is Ukrainian and she says the Crimeans are glad they’re not a part of Ukraine.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Crimea [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25647305 - 11/29/18 07:54 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:
My sister in law is Ukrainian and she says the Crimeans are glad they’re not a part of Ukraine.

Of course Crimeans are glad - they're mostly ethnic Russians whose economy shot through the roof after rejoining Russia, while Ukraine's economy tanked after ousting their elected leader.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
    #25647377 - 11/29/18 08:25 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Gorgeous pictures, man! Did you get to tour Livadia?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom