Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hunting Fungi
Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! * 1
    #25146085 - 04/17/18 05:08 PM (6 years, 22 hours ago)

I went to the bank, withdrew over 1k in ca$h, and the teller had the nerve to ask me WHY!!!

wtf is this shit? I have to justify the withdrawal of my own coin???

Some answers that immediately came to mind were:

1. "Why do you want to know?" (Didn't say this... too confrontational... this will cause problems)
2. "None of your business." (Didn't say this... too confrontational... )
2. "Why THE FUCK do you want to know?" (Didn't say this either... see #1)
3. "What fucking business is it of yours, you stupid bitch? This is my money; give it to me." (Didn't say this either.......)
4. "I'm going to Vegas!!!" (Didn't say...
5. "Why, you lookin' for a date?" (Didn't..."

So, in this time, as I mentally flipped through these responses, like a deer in the headlights, with my mouth half-open, struggling to say something that wouldn't get me into hot water, I must have kept her waiting, because she chimed in:

"Vacation, right?"

I said, "Yeah."

...and she gave me my paper.

So, what is this shit? Why do I have to justify taking money out of the bank? It's my money, and my account... why the questions? I gave you my proof of ID... ok, fine; I don't want people stealing from me. I get it. You need to check that. But what business is it of yours what I'm doing with my money?

:awthatsbullshit:

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

Edited by ch1ck3n.s0up (04/18/18 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKalimano
Similiferencer
 User Gallery

Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up] * 1
    #25146101 - 04/17/18 05:13 PM (6 years, 22 hours ago)

One time a number of years back i was buying a car. I needed to take $7000 out of bank of america. They did not like this.

After beimg sent to four branches i finally arrived at the regional branch. After an hour of not believing their excuse of "we dont have that much cash sir" they finally emerged with, i shit you not, a breif case handcuffed to the managers wrist.

I got my cash, bought my car, and closed my account the next day.

I also one time had a check for 2000$ when i was 19 and had an account at 5/3. I ended up having to go get my father because they refused to believe my check wasnt fake, because "no kid would have a check like that"

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: Kalimano]
    #25146146 - 04/17/18 05:35 PM (6 years, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Kalimano said:
i shit you not, a breif case handcuffed to the managers wrist.

Holy shit that's funny! :lol:

--------------------

"Inspiration ~ Move me brightly ~ light the song with sense and color ~ hold away despair ~ more than this I will not ask ~ faced with mysteries dark and vast ~ statements just seem vain at last" --Jerry Garcia, Terrapin Station

"Officer, I'm going to remain silent, and I would like to speak with a lawyer. I'm not resisting, but I don't consent to any searches.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up] * 2
    #25147444 - 04/18/18 07:16 AM (6 years, 8 hours ago)

The US Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 requires banks to file a SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) with FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) following suspected incidents of money laundering or fraud.  So it is possible that if your withdrawal was highly out of character for your typical account balance and activity, that this may have prompted the teller to ask the question of your purpose.  However, a withdrawal of around $1,000 seems unlikely to draw such scruitany, and so I would suspect that this was probably just inappropriate idle conversation from a very bored teller.

If it were to happen again, here are a few fairly vague and acceptable answers you could provide:
  • Paying back a family member who had loaned me some money.
  • Having work done on my car.
  • Buying local inventory for an online business I'm starting (e.g. selling antiques/garage sale junk on eBay/Craigslist/etc).

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: geokills] * 3
    #25147510 - 04/18/18 08:15 AM (6 years, 7 hours ago)

"Oh...uh, well, honestly it's for a sex swing, and a smoker grill and some ribs. I can invite you if you like, I guess, since you seem interested."

"I bet a man $800 that he could not throw hurl a cantaloupe with enough velocity to knock someone out from 100 yards away. My friend is going to be the target for $100, and his head is as hard as a rock. I also wanted $100 or so for pocket money"

"I guess I can tell you since you don't seem like a racist. Don't tell your boss, but I'm going to buy $1000 worth of nachos and deliver them here to you in 2 hours. Will you take a picture with me for Instagram? I'm gonna get some many likes for this"

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: John Nada] * 1
    #25149347 - 04/18/18 08:26 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

:priceclap:

I have a sex swing for sale if anyone wants one on the cheap - new in box.  Think I paid almost $200 for it, :pm: if you want it for $60+shipping.  Wife got preggers, baby's already a year old, I don't think we're going to get that thing setup. :tongue2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up] * 1
    #25149605 - 04/18/18 09:43 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Ha. This has happened to me too. Its really annoying.

Next time she asks, give her the "come closer" gesture and whisper in her ear "im about to make it rain in the strip club". I bet she'll like that one.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25152286 - 04/20/18 01:14 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Ha. This has happened to me too. Its really annoying.

Next time she asks, give her the "come closer" gesture and whisper in her ear "im about to make it rain in the strip club". I bet she'll like that one.

Even if it's just 50 bucks, it's fun making it rain at a titty bar. Got two chicks to lez out while I drank scotch.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: Adden]
    #25153824 - 04/20/18 04:47 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

That is par for the course. I don't get asked but I never deposit over about a few thousand in my account. If its over 10k they are required to file a federal form. They are supposed to do a sar on suspicious transactions, each bank has its own idea what that means. Generally 3k or less does not raise any eyebrows. Some don't care up to 10k but they look at patterns.

If they file a sar they never tell you they did it. Patterns they seem to look for are lots of cash deposits or withdrawals or both. Even if they are all under 10k or even under 5k they may simply close your account. Do not tell them you are buying or just sold bitcoins. When they hear that its time to say goodbye.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #25158501 - 04/22/18 07:18 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:Do not tell them you are buying or just sold bitcoins. When they hear that its time to say goodbye.

Thanks for this!!!

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
I had some junior manager ask me if I recently made a large withdrawal. Then she said that she was trying to "help" me get into the right type of account. She was trying to screw me and get me charged more fees. When she found out I had another account she was all nicey nice and gave me her business card. Fuck you bitch.

Some women will get a job as a bank teller to meet a guy with a lot of coin. If she likes the way both you--and your bank account--look, she'll offer you her card.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #25158666 - 04/22/18 08:26 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

So Crazy Horse was being hit on?

Interesting :strokebeard:

OfflineSnoopyguy
Stranger

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 4
    #25159046 - 04/23/18 12:45 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

This is a global thing, govnuts around the world are slowly ramping up their 'war on cash', cos, you know, only criminals and 'terrists' use cash, right?  Taking away cash will remove another plank in what's left of our free speech. So don;t fall for it and pay cash (or crypto for now)whenever you can.  Further reading for those that want: https://www.corbettreport.com/the-war-on-cash-a-country-by-country-guide/

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: Snoopyguy]
    #25159596 - 04/23/18 10:08 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

There is some truth to that.

Crimes almost always use cash. Sometimes use cryptos, but mostly cash.

OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #25160181 - 04/23/18 03:12 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I recently wanted to invest in crypto. Tried to fund the exchange with PayPal, nope! Wire money from bank  account, no expensive.i had not set up my Visa account to gain access. My wife had, :lol: kinda upset I couldn't gain access to an account I've had for 35+ years . After considerable time on the phone I got my password and control. Call Binance? lady says card is declined. I'm like no way. $10,000 credit limit and $0 balance. She runs again , declined. I figured it was Visa and the new password and changes creating a misunderstanding. Talking to the Visa rep as she types away. Finally she says " Oh I see you tried to use on Binanace. Visa cannot be used for any crypto purchases!"  I'm irate, so what do I do , get off the phone and ordered a mining rig for thousands of dollars. What a joke, was only going to put $1000 into it originally. I guess if my card wasn't paid off monthly and hardly used, or had a large balance it would make some sense. Someone controlling how I want to spend what I earn, we all need to go to cash or crypto.:mad2:

--------------------

OfflineSnoopyguy
Stranger

Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 3
    #25160237 - 04/23/18 03:40 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

That's true...BUT, who gets to declare what a 'crime' is?  As it stands today most people believe that simply disobeying whatever some politicians scribble on their bits of paper is a 'crime'.  If we accept that premise as being legitimate (obviously I don't. :smile: ) then most of the people on this board are 'criminals' even though they may have never harmed anyone else in any way whatsoever.  Don't forget, you can't have a 'crime' unless there is a real flesh-and-blood victim.

The other point I wanted to make is that if you do a google on 'bank crimes' or 'bank drug money laundering' you will see that the biggest criminals by far are the institutions that are 'too big to fail' and 'too big to be prosecuted' it seems.

Of course the majority of cash users are simply people wanting to go about their lives and keep some of their earnings from the ever rapacious jaws of malevolent governments.  If you and I agree on a certain price for a certain job then there are no third parties involved who 'deserve' to skim some of our money off the top.

Anyway /rant mode off.  The main point is that just because some people might use money to do illegal things is not enough of a reason to ban cash.  Some people use cars to deliberately run people over, no one talks of banning cars. The real reason of course is so that the global beast can have full control of everyone's money and lives.  Cheers. :smile:

OfflineSnoopyguy
Stranger

Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: Quadman] * 1
    #25160241 - 04/23/18 03:44 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I use my VISA for crypto purchases all the time.  Mind you I use coinbase and then transfer to binance/whoever.  Yes we get slugged transaction fees but I don't see a way around that ATM and potential gains in crypto should far outweigh the fees.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: Snoopyguy]
    #25160716 - 04/23/18 07:17 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah i use coinbase too. It works perfectly no issues. Highly recommend.

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25162838 - 04/24/18 05:25 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Yeah i use coinbase too. It works perfectly no issues. Highly recommend.

Coinbase was the subject of an audit. A bit worrying... perhaps better to go with someone not so high-profile.
https://klasing-associates.com/bitcoin-users-coinbase-worried-irs/

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: ch1ck3n.s0up]
    #25162850 - 04/24/18 05:29 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Coinbase is crap, they hand over all your info, have ridiculous rules and don't always follow them themselves. People have had their cash or coin in limbo for months and months may never get it back

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinech1ck3n.s0up
Troubled Loner
Male User Gallery

Re: Withdrawing Ca$h - Bank asked for reason why! [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25162912 - 04/24/18 05:58 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Coinbase is crap, they hand over all your info, have ridiculous rules and don't always follow them themselves. People have had their cash or coin in limbo for months and months may never get it back

Yes, I've heard some stories that I don't like. Their customer service sucks balls; impossible to get through.

They are also very, very slow. A buy takes about 7 days.

--------------------

Edited by ch1ck3n.s0up (04/24/18 07:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate