Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Conspiracies and Cover-ups

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Non organic farming is it a conspiricy [Re: Unknower]
    #25142629 - 04/16/18 08:15 AM (3 months, 26 days ago)

I don't think environmental impact is the only real consideration between organic and non-organic food. There is also the average yield per acre, because organic food tends to be much less resistant to pests and diseases. Which is why if the earth went 100% organic today, half of us would starve to death next week.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Non organic farming is it a conspiricy [Re: Kryptos]
    #25143069 - 04/16/18 01:08 PM (3 months, 26 days ago)

People selling organic say the exact opposite.

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
Re: Non organic farming is it a conspiricy [Re: durian_2008]
    #25143258 - 04/16/18 02:24 PM (3 months, 26 days ago)

Who cares just eat the food. I wont buy organic because im not paying extra for it. Call it cruel or whatever but like "free range chicken" why would i pay extra to make a chicken i didnt knows life better? I'd rather put that money toward the people I know.

Again its probably not a popular opinion but whatever, its not like i can afford to pay more for less food at this point in my life.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

Loc: Norcal
Re: Non organic farming is it a conspiricy [Re: Violet Wizard] * 1
    #25143388 - 04/16/18 03:30 PM (3 months, 26 days ago)

Where as if we keep flooding our water ways and fields with salts and poisons absolutely nothing will grow and aquatic life ( as well as anything reliant on it) will be slowly poisoned and die off. What is the yield per acre of land that is oversaturated with salts that don't break down. 1/2 the world starving to death is as  a theory, not a fact. Maybe in the short term we have concerns about yield, but as I said, the real concern is the
environmental impact. And yield per acre IS an environmental concern, or we could just convert more land to farm land to grow the organic crops we need to survive, feel me?

I don't claim to know how to fix the problems, but I have pointed out in my other posts dangers of organic farming. Neither method is perfect, and both use propaganda to sway your opinion....

My main point was that nutrition content is not a legit concern that is affected by organic vs synthetic so much as it is growing conditions. Nutrient content amd flavor depend on nutrient availability.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

#25143392 - 04/16/18 03:31 PM (3 months, 26 days ago)

*nutrient availabilty and ripeness.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25145383 - 04/17/18 01:05 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Cross topic but I think I just came up with a new conspiracy theory...One I can't poke a hole in.

Humans are not the first "intelligent" life on earth. Intelligent being defined as having created an industrial society.

Very much based on your post.

Edited by Kryptos (04/17/18 01:05 PM)

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

#25145783 - 04/17/18 04:24 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Huh? From which post did you develop this theory?

It is irrefutable by nature because the past is buried. Our planet is literally unrecognizable from its self 100000 years ago. There is no way to refute such things, not really a solid theory.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25145990 - 04/17/18 06:12 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Unknower said:
Where as if we keep flooding our water ways and fields with salts and poisons absolutely nothing will grow and aquatic life ( as well as anything reliant on it) will be slowly poisoned and die off. What is the yield per acre of land that is oversaturated with salts that don't break down. 1/2 the world starving to death is as  a theory, not a fact. Maybe in the short term we have concerns about yield, but as I said, the real concern is the
environmental impact. And yield per acre IS an environmental concern, or we could just convert more land to farm land to grow the organic crops we need to survive, feel me?

I don't claim to know how to fix the problems, but I have pointed out in my other posts dangers of organic farming. Neither method is perfect, and both use propaganda to sway your opinion....

My main point was that nutrition content is not a legit concern that is affected by organic vs synthetic so much as it is growing conditions. Nutrient content amd flavor depend on nutrient availability.

From this post.

And, not necessarily true. There are things from the ancient past we know about. I think extinction events might be a very good indicator of the presence of industrial civilizations, because they will (a) over-consume fossil fuels for energy and (b) overproduce nitrogen in the form of fertilizer to maintain an elevated population. These two things, combined, cause extinction events through massive environmental disruption.

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

#25146112 - 04/17/18 07:19 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Hey, Im not saying your wrong, but it'd be hard to prove since the past is a boiling ball of iron covered in dirt and life forms. But the burden of proof is on you since it's your theory, so get diggin.... I will accept a deeply buried space ship or some kind of ancient automobile assembly line.... Or even a land fill.... All entries must be carbon dated to before any known civilizations.

I kid of course, those are good points. Still hard to prove it wasn't dino fart extinction if you ask me though :stoned:

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

Offlinedurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Non organic farming is it a conspiricy [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #25146217 - 04/17/18 07:59 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Violet Wizard said:
Who cares just eat the food. I wont buy organic because im not paying extra for it. Call it cruel or whatever but like "free range chicken" why would i pay extra to make a chicken i didnt knows life better? I'd rather put that money toward the people I know.

Again its probably not a popular opinion but whatever, its not like i can afford to pay more for less food at this point in my life.

I am not saying that everyone can build their own hen house, etc, but, when their diet is supplemented with natural kind of things you would give to a bird, the meat and eggs are substantially different. The same goes for potatoes or other well tended plants.

Without making any qualified, scientific judgments about nutrition, the mass produced stuff tastes like styrofoam. The structure  / texture is more limp, relaxed. It lacks vitality.

I think there is a conspiracy in artificial scarcity, the middleman between you and the Earth, and the Malthusian carrying capacity of the land.

OfflineUnknower
Stranger
Male

Re: Non organic farming is it a conspiricy [Re: durian_2008]
    #25146422 - 04/17/18 09:08 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

I don't know about conspiracy, but we are so far removed from our food source these days, and it clearly affects people's understanding of things and creates some jaded individuals who care about nothing but MONETARY cost to themselve's rather than concern for whether or not we as a human family can survive in such a way.

The middle man tries to exert himself and is very convenient, but there are no laws explicitly stopping you from taking things into your own hands but it's way more work and cost. These companies have amassed the wealth needed to provide things to people cheaper and easier-- but they don't care about the environment any more than the people who only want the cheapest deal.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just the way unchecked captalism works in the long run. Unchecked wealth gains power to influence everything from what is considered fact to what is law, and we end up in a clusterfuck where none of us know anything as fact, because we all claim different facts. This in turn fuels people not giving a shit-- as everyone seems full of it. This is how knowlege is power, and how that power can corrupt everything. There is no accountability to anything but personal gain.

Sorry to get off topic from the original topic a bit, but it is relevant to any discussion involving industry.

--------------------
Don't hate, elevate.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Conspiracies and Cover-ups